That's a good one. I love her books!
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    The Last Wild Horses - Maja Lunde
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Brain Candy, however...... waaaay better than I thought it might be.
    It's a burner and a page-turner, and I believe it's on it's way to becoming a film.

412YPs7-S2L._AC_SY780_.jpg
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Brain Candy, however...... waaaay better than I thought it might be.
    It's a burner and a page-turner, and I believe it's on it's way to becoming a film.

412YPs7-S2L._AC_SY780_.jpg

Now I'm intrigued! I needed a new read.
  • CurtisHouse160
    CurtisHouse160 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Winds of Winter by George R.R. Martin. Just kidding. 😄
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Just finished Stranger in Paradise by Robert B Parker. Palate cleanser after finally finishing the Carver atrocity.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    A family member gifted this to my 13-year-old so I’m pre-reading to see if it’s appropriate. It’s written in the first person which is popular for contemporary fiction I think. The narrator is already making some sweeping statements about mental health and therapy so if I do pass this on to my child it will contain my copious margin notes.
    076x2dl0mqfh.jpeg
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    A family member gifted this to my 13-year-old so I’m pre-reading to see if it’s appropriate. It’s written in the first person which is popular for contemporary fiction I think. The narrator is already making some sweeping statements about mental health and therapy so if I do pass this on to my child it will contain my copious margin notes.
    076x2dl0mqfh.jpeg

omg That was the dumbest 30 pages I’ve ever read
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    076x2dl0mqfh.jpeg

I love that last sentence. Well, the last part. Sweeping statements about mental health and therapy irritate me.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    51UfGWnWiPL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Just finished “The Gunslinger” by Stephen King. First of the Dark Tower series. And what a series it is. Plan to start Book 2 tomorrow.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Just finished “The Gunslinger” by Stephen King. First of the Dark Tower series. And what a series it is. Plan to start Book 2 tomorrow.

I enjoyed this series. King is a complicated writer and I forgive him a lot of flaws because he’s such a wonderful storyteller and takes me on a trip
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    bh8qmsndbgnr.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,541 Member
    Options
    I have stacks of new books to read but as I’ve mentioned before I can’t seem to concentrate long enough to read a book.
    I have always been an avid reader.
    Well, I started a book yesterday, I’ve started it two other times only to put it down before 2 pages.
    Perhaps this time I’ll finish it, it’s a short book I should be able to manage it.
    If this goes on much longer I’ll need to buy picture books. 😂😢

rlibn8c2er0q.jpeg
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    Dragon Blood by Patricia Briggs

I had thought I'd never read it before but it feels familiar...so either I read it many years past or it is similar to another book I read. Trying to decide it it counts on my one book I haven't read a week quest or not. I'm a week behind...
  • AdahGreen2022
    AdahGreen2022 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Jennifer Brennan's
    The Original Thai Cookbook
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    jv8281wtyb2q.jpeg
  • siberiantarragon
    siberiantarragon Posts: 265 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Just finished Snow Crash a few days ago. I have mixed feelings about it. There was a lot that was scientifically inaccurate and sloppily written about it, and I also felt the author had an elitist perspective (which he does in real life apparently). But it was entertaining and it's a book that was very important in the history of software development.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Self-Made Man... by Norah Vincent
  • Formenik
    Formenik Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fatty Fatty Boom Boom by Rabia Chaudry
    just finished
    Brave Hearted The Women of the American West by Katie Hickman