Women 200lb+, Let's Have An Extraordinary January!!!

Replies

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,549 Member
    @bonniemcc4 Welcome back!!!! I was hoping you would jump back in.
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    I am trying to decide if participating in this thread helps me or not (sometimes I avoid posting bc it's too much effort to check in, and then I feel FREE TO EAT WHATEVER) but I am still cheering all of you on!
  • pamperedlinny
    Good morning all!

I got to my Zumba class last night and I hadn't had that instructor for a while. It was really nice to pull out some songs and dances I hadn't done since the last time. Like finding an old friend.

My daughter has her basketball practice tonight so I'll get to a different Zumba class tonight while she's in practice.

I woke up hungry today and I'm trying to stick to my boundaries.... which include not eating until after 10am. I'm almost there.... only 10 minutes to go!
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Good Morning!
    I am not sure what everyone's ages are here, but I am 51, and my body is GOING through menopause. The emotions are a flipping rollercoaster, I am constantly HOT, then instantly COLD, and losing any weight is a struggle, no energy, no drive, plus my brain doesn't seem to work the same lol Anyone here that can relate? Is there anything someone has used to help with all this? Natural supplement? Most days I feel like I am losing my mind and I am ready to rip someone a new ..you know what.

Thanks,
    Darla

Intermittent fasting has shown amazing results for hormone regulation (and weight loss), among other benefits. That is based not just on anecdotal evidence but solid research. Many people find they can shorten their eating window over time, from 12 hours to 14 hours to 16, say, so that it doesn't feel onerous and they don't feel deprived. Something to look into maybe.
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    It has officially been over a week that my fasting blood sugar is under 100mg every day. Monday last week was the first day and I was shocked! Then Tuesday, Wednesday all up through today. 10 days in a row of a "normal" morning blood sugar.

...So that's my big thing today. Ten days in a row of something I have never seen no matter what part of my journey I've been on. From my previous low weight to my supposed best eating plan in the past. From insulin to diet and exercise. I'm in shock.

That is incredible, wonderful news!! Congratulations!
  • pamperedlinny
    So I've been MIA this week and didn't check in on Monday either.

I've been having terrible chest and back pain for the last two weeks that started right after singing (nothing fancy, just singing along to spotify in the car). I went to the doctor and she said I've probably injured my vocal chords and need to see an ENT. She gave me some strong pain medicine, but told me that since I was breathing fine, I could keep swimming if I wanted to.

I tried twice, but it was freaking me out to be exercising while my chest hurt. So I've decided to wait until next week, after I go to the ENT and hear what they say/how to help the pain/discomfort to even THINK about going to the pool.

Just when you've got a routine down and you're happy with your progress--BAM, life gets in the way. I've definitely been eating more than I should and I'm trying to sort that out and eat lots of fruits and vegetables instead of packaged nonsense.

Anyway, wish me luck next week at the ENT!

@RavenStCloud Oh my goodness! I hope you get answers and feel better quickly.
  • hap2go
    hap2go Posts: 105 Member

Just when you've got a routine down and you're happy with your progress--BAM, life gets in the way. I've definitely been eating more than I should and I'm trying to sort that out and eat lots of fruits and vegetables instead of packaged nonsense.

Anyway, wish me luck next week at the ENT!

oh do I know that one!! Hope everything works out ok at ENT and that youre feeling better very quickly...
  • TeamCap12
    TeamCap12 Posts: 10 Member
    Happy 2023! Happy I found this discussion! Any advice, motivation, encouragement you can give a newbie? Looking for anything I can get. My family tries, but they have never struggled with weight so it is hard for them to understand my journey.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    TeamCap12 wrote: »
    Happy 2023! Happy I found this discussion! Any advice, motivation, encouragement you can give a newbie? Looking for anything I can get. My family tries, but they have never struggled with weight so it is hard for them to understand my journey.

You need to do you. What works for others may not work for you. Tune it to you.
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    TeamCap12 wrote: »

Welcome! My best advice would be that if it's hard to figure out how to eat well, make it as easy as possible. I make overnight oatmeal on Sunday, and eat it for breakfast all work week. I make different flavors, so it's not the same thing day after day. Premade, super easy, and I don't have to talk myself out of a drive-through breakfast. I make healthy soups in my crockpot, and do the same thing. Generally i have at least three different soups in the freezer, I can just grab what i feel like that day. And since I'm eating it at work, i don't have access to bread which is my downfall with soup. >_>

Dinner is harder, but if I just plan to go Mexican with my chicken breast and veg one night, and Italian another night, Indian the next... I can vary things pretty well.
  • TeamCap12
    TeamCap12 Posts: 10 Member
    pamiede wrote: »
    Happy Saturday!!! I’m still working on losing weight. It’s a lot slower this time around but every loss is a gain 😊

SW: 307 (12/8/22)
    CW: 293 (total loss to date 17 lbs$
    JGW: 290
    UGW: 175

Goals:

💛 Increase water intake
    💛 Increase rehab workouts
    💚 Continue core exercises
    💚 Increase walking
    💚 Continue high protein, low carb, high

Have a great weekend!!!

Thank you for saying "every loss is a gain" I really need to remember that and stop getting so upset over only .2lb loss. Every loss is a gain!

I just increased my water intake last week. I did find that filling up all my water bottles in the morning helped me remember to drink them. So I had all I needed for the day ready to go. It helped me a lot. Just an idea.

Have a great week!