Women 200lb+, Let's Have An Extraordinary January!!!

Options

Replies

• justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @sandramarshall200 I know that you are in a different country, but maybe you can find some things. For breakfast, I have found that a keto tortilla 45 calories each and a TON of egg whites is not very many calories. I usually add veggies to it and beans, keto tortillas always have so much fiber I don't really need beans to add fiber - but fiber has really been a friend in not feeling super hungry. Anyhoo, I mention that because if you can find something like that, this is a huge meal and like 320 calories depending on the veggies used. That way you can eat something for lunch and not be as hungry at dinner. I hope you can find something, I know working around meds can be difficult.
    And then I fantasise about pudding

We live near a coast bird waterway, I see all kinds of birds on my daily walks that can be quite rare. What do I think when I see them? Ohh, an ibis! How pretty. I wonder what it tastes like? Yep. Roseate spoonbill. Gorgeous bird! Wonder what it tastes like...
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    We live near a coast bird waterway, I see all kinds of birds on my daily walks that can be quite rare. What do I think when I see them? Ohh, an ibis! How pretty. I wonder what it tastes like? Yep. Roseate spoonbill. Gorgeous bird! Wonder what it tastes like...

@justanotherloser007 LOL!

Tonight I had taken a Egg Life egg white wrap, a piece of deli sliced Boarshead London broil and a slice of Boarshead Baby Swiss cheese and rolled it up. Each 1, (I had 2),185 calories and very filling, satisfying and yummy. The 2 totaled 1g Net Carb, 47 g Protein and 20 g Fat.
  • SailorMom54
    SailorMom54 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just found this group and hope I am not to late! I have goals, just need motivation and being held accountable. This group sounds like a great match for me. I have lost weight on this site many years ago and was feeling great. All that weight piled back on, so I am going to try again, so I can move easier, play with the grandbabies and not get winded going up and down stairs.

Highest weight; 250
    Lowest weight 196 (well besides in high school lol)
    Doctors preferred weight 125 (my high school weight)
    MY goal 180
    CW: 239
    Age 51

Little about me: Mom of 3 now adults, 3 Grandchildren, work at a desk job (uggh) but I enjoy my job. Arthritis in my left hip that will need surgery sooner rather then later, so I am looking for ways to exercise or move more, without straining that hip, suggestions? I have been tracking food for about 6 months, just need to add the exercise part.
    Thanks!

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    @SailorMom54 Welcome! My "normal BMI" weight is 120 to 155 but my goal is 180 right now. I have a few medical stuff including PCOS and diabetes, a bad hip from a car accident and two bad knees that has my doctor happy right now if I get to "overweight" instead of "obese." Your overall goals line right up with mine.
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    @ravenstcloud - Yay for 20!!! I get not getting hung up on the number but ya gotta celebrate the landmarks!
    @serenecompassion2663 - Good luck with the appointments. Surgery was suggested for me but it is not an option that I am willing to do at this point. I started on one of the meds in November and I can tell a difference for sure. I never thought I would do that either but I'm glad I have.
    @pamperedlinny - great job finding out what is on the menu this weekend. Those are the kinds of food that I love! Planning is everything!

And on that note, national cheeselover's day is Friday - LOL!. Cheese is my kryptonite for sure!
  • swimmom_1
    Options
    Down 14 lbs since 1/1/23. Finally back in Onderland Again! Elliptical Interval setting 150 minutes for 9.7 miles. Getting my motivation back.
  • serenecompassion2663
    Options
    @SailorMom54
    I have arthritis also, in my knees, hands, feet, and spine. My entire team says movement actually helps the pain.
    I am starting from ground zero again, so hereโ€™s what my physician told me: start with stretching or yoga, then move to swimming or some sort of water class, then aerobics.

Hereโ€™s my personal way of interpreting and implementing that once I shake my current bout with bronchitis:
    ๐Ÿ”น10 minutes floor stretches
    ๐Ÿ”นM-W-F 30 minutes walking
    ๐Ÿ”นT-Th-S 15 minutes River walking against the current in my gymโ€™s pool.

I am 53.

Welcome to the Group!

Andi in Illinois
  • SailorMom54
    SailorMom54 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @serenecompassion2663 thank you, I was thinking yoga, and I do have a treadmill to start the walking. Thought about adding in weights (arms) while walking too. I will try and move more and set my goals. I don't have a gym membership, so my workouts will be at home, but I do have resistance bands that will help as well.

@pamperedlinny I don't think my BMI will ever be " normal" or ever get to the doctors weight. After having kids my body isn't built to be 120-125 again. Even at 196 when I look at some pics, I thought I looked "old" like my face was to thin. I just want to be healthy and healthy looking for me, where I am comfortable. I am happy to find someone that has the same goals aligned.

Thank you all!
    Darla from Wisconsin
  • pamperedlinny
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Good morning,

My day yesterday didn't go as planned at all but it all still went really well.

My neighbors who walk with me almost everyday at lunch couldn't get away so instead I did all my laundry.

Then my daughter, who is just learning to bake, declared she was making dessert last night. Of course, this was less than an hour until I left for my Zumba class so I didn't make it to the gym. However, she did almost everything without help and I did a YouTube Zumba workout instead when the cake came out of the oven. I had a very low calorie day prior to this declaration so I didn't even break my food boundaries when I had my dessert. She made cherry chocolate cake parfaits.
    ex4aadydx7dh.jpg

Tonight we're supposed to have pasta so I'm sticking with my normal trick of adding vegetable to the bowl before the pasta and keeping to no sugar added marinara sauce and some protein. This time I think I'm sauteing garlic & herb riced cauliflower to serve with shells shaped pasta (one of my daughter's favorite) and a couple appetizer sized meatballs. I almost never do riced vegetables on pasta night but I don't have any good shaped vegetables that match pretty well for shells.

For anyone new I usually do that with steamed green beans with elbows, sauteed zucchini or broccoli slaw with angel hair, etc. It makes me feel full faster and keep to a single serving of real pasta. My husband & daughter want pasta with marinara sauce at least once a week if not more often so I had to come up with a good plan. Veggies and protein definitely help for me.
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options

Little about me: Mom of 3 now adults, 3 Grandchildren, work at a desk job (uggh) but I enjoy my job. Arthritis in my left hip that will need surgery sooner rather then later, so I am looking for ways to exercise or move more, without straining that hip, suggestions? I have been tracking food for about 6 months, just need to add the exercise part.

I am also in my early 50s and was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my right hip a couple of years ago. Very hard to walk and to sleep, as I prefer sleeping on my side. Dietary changes have made a quantum difference for me, especially cutting out sugar and gluten. I don't have any pain at all anymore unless I lie on my side for a long time. Whatever type of arthritis you have, there is likely an underlying systemic issue. This YouTube video lays it out pretty well, I think. The quality of the graphics is not great, but the info is:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=FvAQkc-NhLI

I hope that helps!

• swimmom_1
    Options
    Elliptical Interval setting yesterday and today, 150 minutes for 9.7 & 9.92 miles.
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @pamiede Wishing you all the best and continued success, Miss Pam! You got this!!! ๐Ÿ’œโญ๏ธ๐Ÿ’œโญ๏ธ๐Ÿ’œโญ๏ธ
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    @pamiede You are on the right track and out of the 300's. Keep doing what you're doing!
  • swimmom_1
    edited January 2023
    Options
    My name is Mary, 65 from Pennsylvania.
    Been MIA for a few months but still logging in everyday since I started MFP 5/14/21.

Unfortunately lost my mojo and gained a lot back but not all Thank God! Need to get back on track and focused. I bought a NEW to me, gently used, Commercial PreCor EFX 835 Elliptical. It was delivered the beginning of November, as others here know I wore my previous 10+ year old one out from my extensive workouts. Stopped using it mid November to get my Christmas shopping done earlier than my norm. I was planning to start back up a week ago but had a GI bug and very weak. I restarted today but very slow at 45 minutes and 3 miles compared to my 3 hour historical workout sessions. I will MAYBE workup to it again.

Good to see some familiar names here and glad to see some new ones too!

Heaviest weight 255 lbs, twice. :-(
    9/14/20-255 lbs
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs
    4/6/22- 147.6 lbs (107.4 lbs lost) I did NOT have a surgery. Did Keto.
    8/1/22- 167.2 lbs
    12/1/22-198 lbs

1/1/23- 213.4 lbs
    1/2/23- 213.4 lbs
    1/3/23- 207.4 lbs
    1/4/23- 205.8 lbs
    1/5/23- 205.8 lbs
    1/6/23- 201.4 lbs
    1/7/23- 202.4 lbs
    1/8/23- 204.4 lbs elliptical 45 minutes
    1/9/23- 204.4 lbs elliptical 46 minutes
    1/10/23-201.6 lbs elliptical 47 minutes
    1/15/23-202.4 lbs Did my elliptical 120 minutes yesterday and today. Sunday is my official weigh in day.
    1/19/23-199.4 lbs ONEDERLAND!!! Will be short lived. I'm making ham tonight. At least water weight is short lived. Elliptical Interval setting, 150 minutes for 9.7 miles.
    1/20/23- 200.2 lbs Elliptical Interval setting, 150 minutes for 9.92 miles
    1/21/23-203.4 lbs Ugh!!!

1/22/23-200.2 lbs Elliptical Interval setting 150 minutes for 10.05 miles, "WEIGHTING" for my WHOOSH next week?!

• pamperedlinny
    Options
    Linda
    SW: 300 lb
    GW: 180 lb
    Jan 10: 214.2 lb
    Jan 13: 212.4 lb
    Jan 22: 210 lb

Good morning all! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.

On Saturday we took my daughter and her best friend to the park that sits on our community's paved trail. The trail is about 22 miles long and things are always being added on the trail since it is so popular with bikers, hikers and even tourists getting from point a to point b. Since I talked my husband into coming with us to the park and watching the girls I took the time to get in a 4 mile walk. It felt good to get in the fresh air and move for a while.

Sunday was the complete opposite. We went to church, came home, made taco fixings, took a nap and then ate leftovers. Not much activity at all. However, I stayed without my calorie range and got a good rest day in so I'm perfectly happy with that.

Hoping tonight I can get to my Zumba class. I didn't get to any of them last week with being out of town and things coming up so I'm really looking forward to getting there tonight and tomorrow night.

• pamperedlinny
    Options
    @hap2go I'm so jealous of your trip. That sounds amazing. I hope you reach all your goals! My mom's family (and 2 of my brothers) are all people that, even if they put on a couple pounds, always appear pretty slim. My mom is someone that even at her heaviest you could see her collar bones. I feel what you mean. I take after my dad's side of the family. Ugh.
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    SW: 288.8
    CW: 226

I hope itโ€™s okay I join in this late in January. Not sure if anyone remembers me from previous months (I think the last I was a part of was possibly September), except for those Iโ€™m friends with. I struggled really badly with my mental health and being a part of these threads (among many other things in everyday life) just got to be too much. Iโ€™m feeling better now and hope to continue being a part of these threads again.

My goals for the last week of January:
    โฌ‡๏ธ lose 1/2 pound
    ๐Ÿ’ช do my home PT exercises at least 2-3 times
    ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ผ hoping to go in person to my therapy appointment this week