WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options
zug56qd3k41f.png

:) It's time for a fresh start and I'm looking forward to doing it with all of you. This thread is a great place to find friendship, support, and encouragement.

:):) One of our members described it like this:
Welcome, welcome. When I first found this group, someone said it's like a "salon" = cozy café. Different conversations at different tables. There's the fun table, the support/listener/good cry table, the cooking and recipe table, the health/weight loss table, etc. Some of us jump from table to table. All the time. It's really OK to sit by yourself in the corner and just listen. For as long as you want."

:) It is more personal if you sign your post with a name or nickname and a location, specific or general.

:) Be sure to bookmark the thread so you can find it again.

My word for 2023 is "please" to remind me to be kind and do things that will please me and the others in my life, to remind me that politeness (saying "Please") will take me far in dealing with others, and to urge me make my environment as pleasing as possible (organizing and decluttering might fit in here).

<3 Barbie in NW WA
"The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials."---Lin Yutang

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Vicki – congratulations!

Sue WA – happy birthday! Sounds like you have a fun date planned.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Barbie,

Thank you for giving us the new February thread. It is a gift from you that I treasure every month. ❤️

Katla in Illinois
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sue — Happy Birthday! Enjoy your special day. 💕 💖 💕
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Thank you as always Barbie.. you are da bomb !!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Sue, Happy birthday!

Thanks, Barbie!

Karen in Virginia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie! February, here we come, ready or not! :p

Sue - have a blast! Hope the weather is nice for you, a welcome change from our chilly stuff. :)

Lanette B)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie!.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie!

Happy birthday Sue! Your plans sound wonderful!

Was a good day. Ate well, water in, and steps done. Heading to sleep as I already cat napped on the couch😉

Stay safe!
    Remember that a stumble is not a failure!
    You are all worthy, strong, and beautiful!

Kylia in Ohio where the sun was actually shining today!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,106 Member
    Options
    ❄️⛄️❄️
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Sue!!
    It was just a light dusting this morning.🙃
    Thanks Barbie for starting us off right as always!

Today husband treated me to Arbeys, and I ordered a Rueben, curly fries.
    This evenings dinner 3 street taco sized tortillas pizzas: sauted mushrooms, some sausage bits, a spoonful of sun dried tomatoes and some diced tomatoes, black olives and Italian shredded cheese.
    Tomorrow is an eating lighter day!
    No real goals this month, just to persevere through.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    [/b]Sue Happy birthday! Have a wonderful weekend.

Barbara Sweet going your BMI. You rock! I have a dream someday maybe I’ll get there.

Barbie Thanks again for the new thread. Each morning I pull up our conversations on this link and feel deep connections.

Welcome to February,
    Betsy in Alaska til 2/6
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Sue - Your birthday treat sounds amazing! :D You'll probably come back needing a holiday. Enjoy every minute. <3

Thanks again Barbie for being our firm tether. :)

Busy day. Picking up the girls from Art and keeping them until 3 ish. Then I have my friends' Zoom at 4. My DDIL dropped the remark that she was taking the kids to Fatto a Mano for early dinner and asked if we wanted to join them. I said yes, so as soon as I have finished the Zoom, we will dash for the bus. :D

I'm hoping the girls won't be all 'arted out' so we can decorate some of the coasters I bought. If they don't feel like it we can do something else. Bea was keen to play Swashbuckle on my tablet.

So lovely to have a new month. I love your meme, Barbie. I am feeling as if I need to let go of the past and look to the future. I have a couple of changes I need to make in my life. My word for 2023 is FREE. Old loops of thought, old heaviness, I need to let go. Today is a new day. Right now is enough.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • susandoll16
    susandoll16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to a new month and a new goal