Hey I’m Kristina

Options
Not exactly new to MyFitnessPal. The last time I used it was way back in college, and I knew people at the time used it and it was fun and motivating.

But I am back, and I have been spiraling down with depression and anxiety and my weight is out of control and now I got a degenerative disc disease, L5-S1, which I will be starting PT soon for that. I am taking medication as well. I had to take a hard look at myself.

I absolutely love food, but it is possible that I may have food addiction and I find comfort with food, trying to eat my feelings away. It is difficult but I am just ready to change that now.

It’s never fun hearing someone poking fun of my weight. I ignore them but it’s just my conscious and I would feel pretty bad. I don’t want to go through that again. I went through it when I was young but then puberty made an impact and I got small in middle school and high school. I gained weight through college and I tried to work on that. But I was in a relationship with a narcissist at the time and it wasn’t a good relationship. Used to compare me to other women often. No longer with that guy. I am in a healthy relationship and am very happy.

I am pretty reserved but please do feel free to say hi and am open to add friends. :)

Replies

• CurvyEmmy
    CurvyEmmy Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Emmy :) I’m currently 5’5” and about 280 pounds.

I have been on MFP for awhile and I’ve struggled… I think I was only 235 when I joined? It’s been really discouraging and I feel so much shame that I haven’t made progress. I have tried the calorie deficit but I literally can’t do it without being an emotional wreck. I also suffer from anxiety and depression and food has always been my only survival tool. I’m also totally sedentary and don’t exercise but the few times I’ve tried it was so hard because I’m so out of shape, I just felt waves of shame and discouragement.

I don’t have a boyfriend currently and it’s been terrifying trying to find one. I hate being on dating apps because the feeling of being compared to tons of other women is so gross. I try to be honest about my weight / body size and post revealing pics so there are no surprises but it’s scary and super discouraging that nobody decent ever chooses me :(

I’ve been on MFP for awhile and I haven’t lost weight yet and some people leave me comments accusing me of not trying which really pisses me off because I am trying it’s just harder for me.

Anyway I’m sorry for venting so much I just hope maybe you can relate to some of this.