February 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »

@Tramboman - I am shocked that you are in shorts and and short-sleeved shirt as well as trout fishing in February! Is that an early record for Alberta (if I recall that is where you are located)?

Northeast Ohio....
    I've been fishing about once per week, weather permitting.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    shanaber wrote: »

@Tramboman - I am shocked that you are in shorts and and short-sleeved shirt as well as trout fishing in February! Is that an early record for Alberta (if I recall that is where you are located)?

Northeast Ohio....
    I've been fishing about once per week, weather permitting.

Ok makes more sense for NE Ohio but still seems unusual for mid-February... maybe it was @juliet3455 who is in Alberta?
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Great minds think alike! I didn't notice the tongue issue on my first run, so hopefully won't be a problem. That would be super annoying.

@ScienceofTeaching Yay first mile straight through! That's such a good feeling.

@tarun_yadavA Sorry to hear about your MIL.
  • martaindale
    Options
    February total: 60.4/125 miles

2/1: 3.1 miles
    2/3: 5.2 miles
    2/4: 9 miles
    2/6: 5.1 miles
    2/7: 5.5 miles
    2/8: 3.2 miles
    2/10: 6.3 miles
    2/11: 10 miles
    2/13: 5 miles
    2/14: 5 miles
    2/15: 3 miles

Yesterday I went to Pilates then did my 3 miles. IDK if I'll do that again. This run was easy/recovery so I thought it would be fine, but Pilates was HARD and my legs were so done. We did a ton of glute/hip stabilizer exercises and squats. They loosened up a bit after the first mile. In the future I'll either run before pilates or move it.
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 373 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA Also sorry to hear about the MIL!

@martaindale I can imagine running after strength training is probably more difficult. I always do it the other way around too.

Today I did a tempo run with 42 minutes at an average of 5:30/km pace, plus a warm up, cool down. My legs felt good and I was surprised that I could hold the speed well, when a month ago it felt like I was barely holding on at that speed. The temperature was slightly above freezing, which was pleasant enough. I noticed that I need to take 1-2 rest days after this intense running week. I do want to work some strength training exercises in though. In total I ran 11.11km :).

So far for February I have logged 138.5/200km
  • martaindale
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    My legs felt good and I was surprised that I could hold the speed well, when a month ago it felt like I was barely holding on at that speed.

That is such a good feeling!
    @martaindale put the activity you care about the most first was the advice I was given.

That's what I have heard as well. That was actually the reason I did pilates first. The run was just a 3 mile recovery, so it seemed like a good one to do after a workout and the strength training was the real focus yesterday. I just did not expect my legs to be sooo tired. Maybe once I've done pilates a few more weeks I can try this again, but right now it takes a lot of effort it makes running seems so easy!!

Also, you are great at accidentally signing up for races! It's like your fingers have a mind of their own. :D
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    My legs felt good and I was surprised that I could hold the speed well, when a month ago it felt like I was barely holding on at that speed.

That is such a good feeling!
    @martaindale put the activity you care about the most first was the advice I was given.

That's what I have heard as well. That was actually the reason I did pilates first. The run was just a 3 mile recovery, so it seemed like a good one to do after a workout and the strength training was the real focus yesterday. I just did not expect my legs to be sooo tired. Maybe once I've done pilates a few more weeks I can try this again, but right now it takes a lot of effort it makes running seems so easy!!

Also, you are great at accidentally signing up for races! It's like your fingers have a mind of their own. :D

It's an addiction. If I wasn't firm with myself I'd end up signing up for all sorts of crazy stuff! For the time being the never-run-a-marathon status is keeping me in check. I suspect once I do, things will get really out of hand!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    @martaindale sounds like you are in good shape to get your HM PR. Like you said, weather will play a big role. Wishing you the best!

6 treadmill miles today.

exercise.png