Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I was watching old westerns on tv with DH. This one is an episode of Wells Fargo. DH loves the old westerns and I enjoy watching with him. 💖
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Well I did my thirty reps of dumbbells, but I went over CO by three calories. Call it another neutral day for weight loss. Weigh-in is tomorrow; we shall see what comes up on the scale. I'm a little nervous.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Margaret - sorry to hear about your slip on the ice. Yikes! Glad you weren't seriously hurt and that you're healing quickly. :) Good job on the Vitamin D! I read the other day it's also protective against cancer.

Rita - I'm joining you with elbow pain. :( I had PT for tennis elbow ages ago. I don't know how I could be straining them other than repetitive motion on this laptop! I'll see what Bob & Brad have to say about it.

Kylia & Ginny - I see sad stories coming out about the train wreck and chemical fires near the Ohio/Pennsylvania border. Hopefully you haven't been impacted. Praying that the smoke dissipates with no lasting harm to the folks nearby.

Heather - John's latest watercolor is awesome, as are your flowers! My word -you two will be able to have a gallery show if you keep this up. ;) Bea is an awesome designer, Snuffles is very good. :p

Karen - how unfortunate the setting for the discussion with your son wasn't very good. But I bet he heard quite a bit of your story. The fact that he wants to talk again means, to me, that he'll need processing time.

Rosie got a haircut this morning. She hates to ride in the car so I always dread it and this time I forgot to give her a CBD treat. :'( She had a different groomer but she did a fine job.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Did a Jari Love DVD then went to Sav-a-Lot to see what they had (not much and not good prices). Then Brevard Charities, the SPCA thrift store, Upscale Retail, then had to go to Wynn Dixie to get the things SAL doesn’t carry. Home but had to go back to the gym since I left my DVD player there. Home and in the pool, made dinner. Canasta tonight.

Beth – I agree with you, too easy to take liberties with the food when you wear elastic waist pants

Carol – we always take two cars to FL. He takes the cat/s and I take the luggage. Really, I don’t want to drive his Outlook around town, I’m just not comfortable. I AM comfortable with my car. Plus, I can come and go without worrying about if he needs the car.

Rita – I need a pattern, too, for crochet or any other craft. Good luck at the appointment

Vince went to Dunkin Donuts and I stupidly had a boston cream. Oh well….

Heather – lovely cards

Played canasta. I seriously thought it was 7:30 but it was 6:30. A friend called me to ask if I was coming.

Made pork chops and vacuumed the dead bugs. See, they spray for bugs every other month (they spray outside the other months(

Michele in FL
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,449 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Today's lunch was fun to make. Vietnamese rice paper rolls. All you have to do is wet the rice paper, fill and roll. I put slices of avocado, cooked shrimp tossed in Old Bay and Everything bagels seasoning, fridge pickled cucumbers and some salmon cream cheese. I made a soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and sesame seeds dipping sauce. I didn't take a photo of mine, I just stole one that looks like mine, but without the everything bagel seasoning on the shrimp.
    fyp81xlvoeva.png
    I treated myself with a nice Limoncello liquor. I have heard about limoncello, but have never tried. Its strong stuff!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I had lemoncello for the first time on our last cruise. They made it on the ship. They served it in these cute little glasses that we could buy. It is STRONG.

I know its a social faux pas but it tastes wonderful cut with Fresca!🙃😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Today's lunch was fun to make. Vietnamese rice paper rolls. All you have to do is wet the rice paper, fill and roll. I put slices of avocado, cooked shrimp tossed in Old Bay and Everything bagels seasoning, fridge pickled cucumbers and some salmon cream cheese. I made a soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and sesame seeds dipping sauce. I didn't take a photo of mine, I just stole one that looks like mine, but without the everything bagel seasoning on the shrimp.
    fyp81xlvoeva.png
    I treated myself with a nice Limoncello liquor. I have heard about limoncello, but have never tried. Its strong stuff!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I had lemoncello for the first time on our last cruise. They made it on the ship. They served it in these cute little glasses that we could buy. It is STRONG.

I know its a social faux pas but it tastes wonderful cut with Fresca!🙃😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

it reminded me of Lemon Pledge!!!
    I bet it would be really good cut with Fresca-(I don't usually drink soda but do remember the taste of that) or maybe a grapefruit seltzer.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,859 Member
    Options
    got a lot of pruning done- 6 of the 12 roses are done, the nectarine is done and sprayed plus some of the wine barrel planters are weeded. Both yard waste containers are full with another pile to go in(dh pruned one of the ornamental trees, really pruned it, that is ok, not a fan of it anyways). I will finish the roses Saturday and hopefully repot my dwarf lemon tree. The wine barrel it is in is falling apart and dries out too fast during the summer because of it. Neighbor gave me the drum from inside of their old washer. I can put the drum over the lemon tree without disturbing the roots.
    Almost an hour and a half. Could finish but then I would have to move the prunings twice.

Time for a little break then get dinner started

Debbie

We use large plastic rubbish bins for our orchard including our dwarf lemon.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    My exercising is going to put on hold until I doctor tomorrow. DH and I are going for routing physicals, but since I started exercising, this week I have developed tendinitis in my right elbow, and left knee. I’ve always had problems with these two spot. Already had tennis elbow surgery on right arm. No aches in January, but February, has re-activated my problem spots. I’m sad as I was doing so good with the walking 7000 plus steps a day, yoga 3X a week and weights 2x a week. I will continue the yoga and cut out the walking to between 5000 and 7000 a day to compensate. I even bought New Balance walking shoes to help with the walking. I’ll update you all after the appointment tomorrow. It is at 10:00 am so not sure if I will post before the appointment.

Have a great day ladies! No matter your situation or problems, YOU make the day great!

Rita

I hope you can go to PT for your elbow.

Mine flares up if I use a spray bottle (like Windex or a carpet cleaning foam) too frequently in a short period of time.

It will also flare up if my weight lifting form gets a bit sloppy. Slow and steady. Very precise motion. And weights light enough to do at least 10 reps slow and steady without losing form.

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Vicki, My ex didn’t change his mind - what he told me was he would be willing to go with me if that is what our son wanted. Our son didn’t want his dad to come. I can promise you the conversation would have been much different if he had been there. Our son doesn’t shush his father, and despite my ex's shortcomings (I have plenty myself), if he had been there he would have backed me up on at least 3 major points/issues that would have exploded some of the myths in our son’s head. One of the ways our son can keep the decades-old narrative in his head unchanged is to divide and conquer. He wouldn’t be able to continue to blame me if his dad backed me up on the following: 1) he did not want to marry me and did not have the courage to say he had changed his mind. 2) there was nothing I could do to save the marriage. 3) he would have ended it if I hadn’t, although he was inclined to hang in another year or two for the sake of our son. My ex would never voluntarily set our son straight on his own, however. He hates conflict, and is perfectly content to let my son think I’m the bad guy, although he would not lie to our son if he was specifically asked. He would (and has) kept a secret of the truth, but he rationalizes it because he isn’t a liar in the usual sense.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    Pg 43 Latin this morning. Back after lunch.
  • Machka9
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Friday --

Gorgeous day! It reached 36C today (96.8f)!!

With temperatures like that, I absolutely had to go for a walk at lunch. I love being out in the heat. :):)

f35m0cxx74gb.png

After work, my husband and I went out for another walk to the beach and back home.

l7tlspx1x2ke.png

And of course, there was my commute walk.

Total Walking Today: 9.2 km (5.7 miles)

The walks included 163 metres (535 ft) of climbing. Plus I climbed 7 flights of 20 stairs.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Only if you're interested in doing something like this as we go along ...

Feel Good Feb and/or Exercising the Alphabet in February
    Feel Good Feb
    zdlnh64mq3da.png
    https://www.actbelongcommit.org.au/programs-initiatives/feelgood-feb/

Exercising the Alphabet in February

In other words, on February 1, you'd walk to a street that starts with A or do an exercise video hosted by someone whose name starts with A or something ... A.

On February 2, you'd go swimming at a Beach or play a game of Baseball or something ... B.

On February 3, you'd go Cycling or Climb some stairs or something ... C.

and so on.

There are, of course, 26 letters in the alphabet and 28 days in February, so you'd have 2 free days if you didn't exercise those days or couldn't fit in the next letter of the alphabet.
    I have listed several January highlights so that meets the calendar suggestion for February 1...

And I walked to the Asian "dollar store" next to the Asian grocers and bought Art supplies at lunch today. That'll be my A. :)

Put myself in someone else's shoes --- I've been treating my difficult work colleague with kindness by talking to her about her son, complimenting her skirt, talking quietly and gently to her and so on.

And today, I walked to Bathurst Street to Buy some Books. I also climbed stairs in my Building. :)

Watch a movie that reminds me of kindness --- probably not tonight!

C is for Climbing and walking on Collins St!

Take a picture of three things that make you happy --

aocs3725u6ly.png
    42vpz698ig8s.png
    qaqbrf33a1dz.png

D is for exercising Downstairs!
    Rowing - 16 minutes
    Walking - 38 minutes
    Weights - 10 minutes

Be kind to yourself -- Sleep, gardening and cycling! :)

E is for Exercising!
    Plus we cycled on Endeavour Ave and the Esplanade. :)

Start a conversation with someone new --- I'm not the sort to strike up random conversations, or conversations at all. But I did chat with a person I met recently and one I haven't seen in a few months today.

And ... F!
    mcuvbtguykqt.png

Consider a current struggle. Write down two thoughts that bring you comfort.

Hmmm ... A current struggle, like only one? Let's go with waiting. I feel like I spend most of my life waiting.

wrt353eh66bk.png
    x3f3p2wdopwq.png
    9g49r21ubbnn.png

And a walk to the botanical Gardens through the rose Garden!
    jrhi6g59mua4.png

Consider and celebrate diversity! Does that include people who look at things completely differently than you do? If so ... woohoo! I've had that opportunity today!

H is for Hobart - walking around. And Hanging clothes outside.

Identify a role model who embodies perseverance and find 2 ways to emulate them.

Well, I don't have role models ... and I've persevered as much or possibly even more than many people I know.

However, today was brought to you by the letter I. I did walk by and around IMAS (Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies).

Check an item off your to do list this weekend!

YES! I tidied a shelf in the kitchen. I've been meaning to do that for months but finally did it today. There was a large quantity of rubbish on that shelf ... more than I thought. So, much of the cleaning process was just throwing things out.

I've also been dusting our entertainment unit and all the stuff on it.

And I went outside and tidied the area right in front of our front door which involved moving a whole bunch of pots and other garden things to a different location and then sweeping out a year's worth of leaves and stuff. I climbed up and down and up and down stairs doing that.

This evening I made an attempt at digging the area I want to plant things next to my dry stream. I got a new spade which is great, but even so, there are so many roots, I'll need to use something else to break it up.

Just getting rid of Junk and Jabbing the Soil

Make twice as much for dinner and either invite guests or deliver a meal to a friend ...

We're actually doing that sort of dinner thing on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, all my exercise was in K ... Kingborough today!

Cycling:
    bdgt6bwhubu9.png

Heaving a heavy mattock in the garden:
    x23kxu9gyuil.png

And walking our Kitty, Rhody. :)

Make a list for the week ahead so you stay focused.

I have one massive ongoing things to do list with the most urgent things at the top.

L
    Walking exercised my Legs.
    Gardening exercised all my Limbs!

Consider a recent disagreement. Did you extend forgiveness?
    Yes.
    I don't like being at odds with people.

M
    Meandering around Bunnings.
    Moving the Mattock.

Express creativity! I finished another version of my Project Plan!! That's as creative as I had a chance to be today.

N = Nowhere
    I walked the stairs to nowhere and the road to nowhere.
    67bhya0wa0yp.png

If you are in line today, let someone go ahead of you. I do every now and then. :)

O - walking Rhody near home.

The next time someone does something you appreciate, let them know. I did today! :)

P - Perusing the shops today while it rained outside and Purchasing a few things.

Offer a helping hand to someone such as holding the door for a stranger. I do this now and then ... probably about once a week. :)

Q is for Queen.

My lunch walk was around the Queen's Domain!

Machka in Oz