February 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Ah, I found the GC "connection request" link.

Hi! Join me on the Garmin Connect app. You can track your health and fitness data, and we can follow each other’s activities. Click to join: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/chris_in_cal

I sent you a connection request. Figure my stats will be good for a laugh, if nothing else...
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    2/1 16.37 miles, 1738 days on the run, 920 days HM+ Streak, Crazy Laps! Ice Storm!
    2/2 15.41 miles, Crazy Laps! Ice still out there!
    2/3 15.2 miles, 1740 days on the run, 922 days HM+ Streak, Crazy Laps! Polar Vortex!
    2/4 15.27 miles, Crazy Laps! Polar Vortex!
    2/5 15.43 miles, Crazy Laps!
    2/6 15.4 miles, Crazy Laps!
    2/7 15.47 miles, Running Partner A
    2/8 15.28 miles, 1745 days on the run, 927 days HM+ Streak, Crazy Laps!
    2/9 15.29 miles, Crazy Laps!
    2/10 15.26 miles
    2/11 15.53 miles, Crazy Laps!
    2/12 15.31 miles, Crazy Laps!
    2/13 15.53 miles, 1750 days on the run, 932 days HM+ Streak, Crazy Laps!
    2/14 16.78 miles, Running Partner A
    2/15 15.48 miles
    2/16 16.46 miles, Crazy Laps!
    2/17 15.23 miles, Crazy Laps!
    2/18 15.58 miles, 1755 days on the run, 937 days HM+ Streak, Running Partner A
    2/19 15.35 miles, Crazy Laps!
    2/20 15.51 miles, half Crazy Laps!
    2/21 15.25 miles, Running Partner A
    vrtfgvb5bscx.jpg
    5849uvmiayay.jpg
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,805 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Teresa502 wrote: »

@Tramboman – Are you participating in the Great American Bird Count this year?

No. If I had done so, my count would have been two cardinals; 1 chickadee; 5,763,924,765 English sparrows; and one peregrine falcon (after the English sparrows). It's hilarious to watch the sparrows hop around in the bushes while the falcon hops along after them.

It really does feel like there are 5 million HOSP around when I am first starting up my purple martin colony in the spring but usually all it takes it to trap one male and they get the picture that the gourds are not for them. THey are annoying along with the english starlings which are nasty. Invasive species...
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone 😊
    Got in a 9K
    fggov0p6p90w.png

Side note-
    If anyone's interested... Came across this 1 minute tiktok reel on Facebook yesterday. Guy talks about part of my running route - apparently it's the longest street in London (I didn't know that!) and a bit of American history thrown in!

https://www.facebook.com/reel/577039647672468?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,805 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA that is NOT how I imagined your route with those building looming over. I kind of always thought of it as a boardwalk. It reminds me of "call the midwife" type scenery. Haven't watched the whole thing but pretty cool! thanks for sharing.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA Also not how I imagined that route based on your strava map. I thought of it like those paths along the Siene in Paris. Old buildings on one side and a walking path open to the river on the other. Does it get crowded?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,975 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart So glad you had a really good run. I hope the storms stay away.

Good to see you getting back to your normal running pattern @tarun_yadavA . Also not how I had your route pictured. No wonder you got irritated at the crowds when you ran your marathon distance there. I think I would feel claustrophobic with no one else on the street but me. :lol:
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Feb 1 – 5.34 miles
    Feb 4 – 9.07 miles
    Feb 6 – 5.1 miles
    Feb 8 – 5.11 miles
    Feb 9 – 4.3 miles
    Feb 11 – 10 miles
    Feb 13 – 5.06 miles
    Feb 15 – 3.1 miles
    Feb 16 – 5.02 miles
    Feb 18 – 12.01 miles
    Feb 20 – 5.10 miles
    Feb 21 – 4.39 miles
    Feb 22 – 4.53 miles

I don’t know how some of you all run every day! Today made my third day in a row and my legs were so tired. Especially after I finished, showered for work and had to walk up a flight of stairs to exit the gym!

@tarun_yadavA – thanks for sharing the visual. The church and the grounds look beautiful.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins since you were going to run approximately 30k anyway, I'd think you'd be fine running it however long as it takes you. If it's over the limit, they'll either give you the medal, or they won't. If there are only 4 women signed up, they may wait just so they have someone to give AG awards too 😉 Good job accidentally signing up though!!!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    2-9 desultory golf swing training (mind was elsewhere)

That is inspiring consistency. Desultory, ha! Nice SAT word use.
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    @SummerSkier @quilteryoyo @Teresa502 @martaindale thanks ladies! 😊
    That's the first 0.7M of my run before I either go straight to into the park, or take a right and run into the City.

@quilteryoyo it's more residential at this part. If having gone right (and into the City), that's where it starts getting quite touristy and selfie-takers. Tower Bridge is about 1.75 ish from me. That's probably the most touristy bit.

Mayflower pub is nice. Small. But nice! 😊
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    @tarun_yadavA That’s not how I pictured your route either. Don’t get me wrong, it definitely looks cool, but I never envisioned cobblestones. Doesn’t it bother you to run on them?

Today I wasn’t planning on running because my 3 year old was home, but the weather was so much over 15C, so we went to the park nearby, dusted off the standing bike, and took off. I thought I would be chasing him, but after a long winter of not biking I was more coaxing him to keep going. Afterwards we went to the playground :).

Spoiler is of my running buddy ;).
    jrzi7rmzxn2k.jpeg
    I am counting today’s run as a recovery run. Today’s total distance was 2.7K
    177.6/200 for February so far :(

@Laurz9191 awww. Cute!😊
    How old are your kids??

RE: Route - again, that particular street is only the first 0.7M of my daily run, and there are non-Cobble footpaths for most of it. I do have to do a little bit of it though. Not a fan! lol.

@martaindale hey Sarah, the running along like it's the Seine in Paris bit... Not in the 'loop' bit where I live. If I go into the City - it does get like that before Tower bridge/Tower of London... ie a Footpath, landmark one side, river other.