So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yum, pizza. I haven’t eaten pizza in the real world for awhile. It’s nice to have it here. Betty had some pineapple upside down cupcakes today that I’d love for dessert. Viktor brought me a nice cup of coffee, too.

Zzyyggy, that storm is huge. I hope it’s done on Friday, but it looks like it’s going to be really cold. The storm is pulling warm humid air up from the gulf so we’re having temperatures in the 70’s and Thursday it’s supposed to be 83 degrees! They’re saying we’ll finally have rain overnight on Friday. Tomorrow we’re under fire warnings, even though we’ve had recent rain the humidity is going to be very low and it’s going to be windy.

I finally got to sleep around 3:30 am and slept until 10:30 am. OI don’t want to do that again.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, yeah it's going to be a pretty massive storm, and I know there will be some school cancellations on Thursday. I didn't plan on a swim for that morning even though SSTA still runs. I wonder how many others will cancel their trips. I'm going to move into the cyber cafe and order up some tropical weather for the next couple of days. We'll have a Carribbean theme going. On that note I'm going for a swim before dinner because I didn't get one in in the real world this morning. Then dinner on the terrace. For dinner I'm going to have the fried chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob and lots of butter, and biscuits. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. Aaah heat.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, it’s wonderful to be here at the cybercafe this morning. I see Zzyyggy is already lounging by the pool. I’ll join her out there. I’m sure Zzyyggy would like an iced mocha and I’d love a carafe of Peet’s Cafe Domingo. Would you bring a bowl of fruit and a basket of breakfast rolls and pastries, please? And ask Francois to make me a ham, cheese, and veggie omelet. His are the best ever.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, no snow yet, but there is plenty of energy out there. I'm starving tonight. I think I'll have a plate of lasagna with lots of bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate cake and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a swim before dinner again tonight. 5 more days until I'm in a new place. Did some more packing, and cleaning today. Fun fun fun
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Chocolate cake and chocolate chip mint ice cream (not touching) for me, too! Hmm, I’ll add some fudge sauce and whipped cream and some cherries and mini M&M’s on my ice cream. Maybe I’ll just stay here in the cybercafe kitchen. It’s nice and cool in the walk-in freezer.

I wonder how much snow you’ll get Zzyyggy. The forecast said Charlotte would have hot weather tomorrow, but now, instead of going up to 86 degrees it’s going to be 82 degrees. Whoopie. Hey, it will be 56 on Saturday and rain. I’m willing to trade. We haven’t had any snow this winter. An inch or two of snow would be nice. People were out walking around the neighborhood in shorts and T shirts today. I wonder if Francois would mind if I put my recliner in the walk-in freezer. That’s probably a no since he just pushed me out the kitchen door and told Viktor to take my dessert out to the terrace.
  • aprilrewired
    aprilrewired Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m freezing here, stuck in an ice storm! I hope you all don’t mind if I wander in to have a nice, warm, relaxing dinner on the terrace. I’ve been dreaming about king crab with some drawn butter and lemon wedges on the side. I wouldn’t mind a nice piece of salmon with that as well. I’m sure I’ll be so full from dinner but I might nibble on a piece of cheesecake for dessert with an iced coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hi ladies, welcome to the cyber cafe Aprilrewired. Don't mind at all come on in and enjoy the 72 degree tropical weather. I'm freezing as well. I'm going to enjoy dinner on the terrace again after a swim in the cyber pool. For dinner I'll have some macaroni and cheese, and bread and butter for mopping up the extra cheese. A coca cola with that. For dessert I'll have some brownies and and an iced mocha. Linda I tried to direct the snow storm back your way but Mother Nature doesn't listen to me. Tomorrow is the lease signing, and then I can start moving yeah! I probably won't sleep tonight. Hopefully they'll have the sidewalks cleared enough for me to get out tomorrow. As of noon time today they were kinda plowed. 4 more days until the final move.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hello Zzyyggy and Aprilrewired! Zzyyggy, it was only 80 degrees in Charlotte today—not tropical here, but it was humid. My crazy maple tree has leaves starting and the neighbor’s Bradford pear trees are blooming. It’s early for this. I hope this doesn’t mean summer is going to be hot and horrible early. Your dinners sound wonderful and I decided on crab ravioli in a lemon butter sauce and grilled vegetables. Cheesecake brownies and iced coffee for dessert. It’s beautiful out here on the terrace tonight. Francois outdid himself with the bread basket this evening. The cornbread biscuits are delicious. Ah, here’s Viktor with our drinks.

Gee, Zzyyggy, it’s supposed to be really cold tomorrow. I hope your roads get completely plowed!
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’m going to continue floating in the pool for the afternoon. Viktor just delivered my cheese and freggies plate and I’ve got my iced tea. NO SPLASHING, PLEASE. The weather in the real world is making me crazy. While everyone in the north is having ice and snow, here it’s hot enough for the air conditioning to turn on. Tomorrow it will be 20 degrees cooler. I want to live where the temperature stays between 75 and 85 in the afternoon and drops into the 50’s and 60’s at night year round.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm with you on that. Those are the perfect temps. We're freezing around here, although the sun is out. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried scallops with french fries, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. Had the real thing from Starbucks today mmmm. Signed the lease this morning, and now all I'll have to do is move in on Monday. Still no snow then.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    @aprilrewired ordered salmon the other night and it sounds good, Viktor. I’m going to have orange food for dinner tonight. salmon, carrots, and sweet potatoes for dinner and orange creamsicle pie for dessert. I figure iced tea with mini scoops of orange sorbet counts as orange food, too.

Ugh, it would be awful to move in rain or snow, glad you won’t need to Zzyyggy. Hope your new place is close to Starbucks.
  • LindaK125
    edited February 2023
    Options
    It’s wonderful to be out here in the warm breeze as I sail around the cyberpool. It’s just a quick dive away from my favorite shaded sitting area on the patio, so I’m heading out of the pool to dry off and have a nice tall glass of iced tea and some fresh fruit and some of Francois’ mini scones. Maybe he made some apricot ginger scones or the cranberry pecan chocolate chip ones that I love.

We’re having a foggy afternoon in the real world. It’s been cold, but it’s finally starting to warm up and will be in the mid 50’s soon and stay in the mid 50’s all through the night. The daffodils are almost completely done blooming and some of my azaleas are starting to bloom. It’s far too early and it will get too cold and wilt the blooms. Our last frost date this year is March 30–April 13 and we do occasionally get snow in March and even April although it doesn’t look very promising this year. We haven’t had any snow at all. My family in California, east of San Francisco has gotten more snow this winter than we have.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hi Linda, we have snow again today. Another round of Winter weather. I'm going to enjoy the tropical sunshine here at the cyber cafe tonight. The balmy breeze, and the music. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the bacon cheeseburger with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. Talk about snow in California I'm glad we're not getting those storms. I think I'll enjoy the pool.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, Betty had brownie ice cream sandwiches today. I’m definitely ordering that for dessert. It’s a macaroni and cheese dinner for me. Francois can add some sautéed vegetables, tomato sauce, and Italian sausage and lots of cheese and bake it until it’s nice and bubbly and serve it with garlic bread. Oh, that would be so good. I know it’s not very tropical sounding. Tomorrow morning is The Sunday Brunch at the Cybercafe—I’ll go tropical then. Not sure how though. Pineapple pancakes? Oh, toasted coconut donuts—those are really good.

Looks like you’ll be getting another snow storm coming in Tuesday. At least Monday should be clear for you move.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hi Linda, sheesh I wished it would stop snowing already. It's been doing that most of today. There are no flakes on the forcast for tomorrow and lets keep it that way. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy and peas. Dinner rolls with lots of butter, and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some of that brownie ice cream sandwich and an iced mocha. I'm going to have dinner on the terrace, and enjoy a nice warm summer night. Tomorrow is the big day. I'm mostly all set.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I hope the sidewalks are shoveled and moving is a breeze tomorrow! While you’re moving I’ll be swimming and kayaking on the cyberpool.

Viktor, I’d like a brownie ice cream sandwich made into a sundae. Coffee ice cream in the sandwich and another scoop on top of the sandwich topped with hot fudge sauce, whipped cream and chocolate covered espresso beans and a nice sprinkle or two of mini M&M’s, please. We’re still out on the terrace.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm in my new digs now coming to you from Burlington, Vermont, not really all that far from Winooski. The move went off without a hitch, and now all I have to to do is unpack. I've got everything I need out for tomorrow. I'm pooped. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roast beef grinder with the work, chips, and a coca cola. For dessert I'm going to have a huge chocolate chip cookie, and an iced mocha. I need to find my keurig so I can make my ice coffee for tomorrow.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor! I’ll have what she’s having, except with a Dr. Pepper and an M&M’s cookie, please. Zzyyggy, I hope you find your Keurig because coffee in the morning is essential. So glad your move went well.

After spending the morning in the cyberpool I’m ready for a nap. That would be unwise so I’m trying to wait until later and I’ll just go to bed early. Sweetie mowed the lawn today and is outside washing the lawnmower. Ah, here he is just coming in now. It’s getting dark outside and I’m sure he’s ready to share some of my dinner with me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda here for dinner tonight, and I'm starving. I'm going to have a big bowl of french onion soup with lots of bread and butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some ice cream sandwiches, and an iced mocha. I did find my keurig, and made batch of iced coffee for this morning, it was good. It's getting there slowly. With the storms coming I'll have nothing but time to unpack. We're really getting into the thick of Winter here.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Snow, snow, and more snow! No snow here southeast of Charlotte. Well, it was 80 degrees and in a week or so it’s supposed to be in the 50’s, so no snow. And it’s downright tropical at the cybercafe. Viktor just brought me my favorite iced tea with mini scoops of lemon sorbet. That will pair perfectly with the lemon meringue pie I ordered. I suppose I really should get out of the pool now and dry off a bit before dessert arrives.