February 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Smart way to get some good practice for Peyton’s in!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    cold rain = 5 treadmill miles after work :D

exercise.png
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    That's great training for your upcoming race @Teresa502 ! With a two person team, do you run every other hour? When is the race?

The race is March 11 in a park near Charleston, SC. Everyone sets up tents near the start/finish area.
    They have food throughout the day and a coffee truck usually sets up. They have a single 5K race at 12:00 noon that draws in a lot of additional people. Some people bring their kids and dogs and someone is always playing frisbee, tossing a ball or some activity.

You can run the relay any way that you and your teammate want. Last year, we each ran 2 legs in a row at the beginning. That got us 4 laps completed and we had a longer rest in between. After that we alternated laps.

Sounds like you had another busy day yesterday. Glad you were finally able to get the answers you needed for your cousin.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA You did great to make yourself get out there when you weren't feeling like it. The food looks delicious, but if you ate late, I can see why you would feel it this morning. Have fun on your last night of socializing. Can you go out with them and not drink? I know sometimes that can be really hard, but just a thought.

Thanks @Teresa502 . That sounds like a great plan for the relay race. And, that sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy it. I'm sure all the added people at noon adds excitement.

@martaindale After your huge success at the Dopey, I have no doubt that you can PR your HM. Good luck.
  • martaindale
    Options
    @shanaber Such a sweet story! I loved the comment from the owner that he was too good not to share.

@quilteryoyo You are so patient. That bureaucratic nonsense is such a nightmare.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Sounds like the conditions were a lot less than ideal, but you did great with your walk. Hobbes sounds like Tippy. She so dislikes the wind and rain. I don't think she has ever "told it off" though. Too cute. Thanks for making me cry. That's a great story.

You are doing fantastic @Laurz9191 !

@martaindale Way to hang in there and continue when you felt like quitting.

I slept better last night, so had the energy for my long run today. I truly wanted it to be "easy," so tried to keep my HR below 140 bpm. I did a run/walk of 3/2 min at 4.2-4.6, 3x4.7, 3x4.6, 3x4.5, 3x4.4, 2x4.3/3.8 mph. That gave me a total of 6.50 miles at an average pace of 14:13 min/mile. My avg HR was 130 with a max of 146 bpm. I also walked a total of 1.5 miles for warm up and cool down, making my total for the day 8 miles. The plan called for 8 miles of low intensity.

Even though I was on the treadmill, I saw some robins, blue jays, and chick-a-dees outside in the rain. One of the blue jays was the biggest I think I have ever seen. I think he must have found all of the neighborhood feeders. :wink:

exercise.png
  • martaindale
    Options
    @Scott6255 We're not getting cooler weather until Friday morning. It's gonna be a warm week.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone.
    Well I struggled today! 😞
    ewkba6rnu540.png

@martaindale - In Garmin We Trust! Lol.
    No, I'm sure you'll kill it!! 💪

@Laurz9191 - well, it's back to Hoummus and Falafels now! ☺️
    Halloumi as treat, for good behaviour! 😂

@quilteryoyo - Not drink??! Ever see the Jack Nicholson-DiCaprio movie, 'The Departed'? That Cranberry juice scene at the Bar. That's what my friends are like. Just gonna constantly get cr-p for it.
    Anyways. Done now. Everyone seen, and drank with.
    Can focus on March for getting back to peak fitness (plus away on vacay over Easter - so want to get into shape!).
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    @Teresa502 That race sounds really fun. Good way to simulate the race in training. Are you timed during each of the 5ks and the time is added up or does it have to do with just the overall completion of the distance?

Yes, there are awards for the fastest overall completion in each division (solo, 2-person relay and 4-person relay). You can easily tell which teams are serious and which ones are more relaxed.

You are so close to your monthly goal!