LESS Alcohol ~ FEBRUARY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    I am Dawn, I live in SE BC Canada
    My ongoing goal remains, 16-20 AF days per month.
    I had 17AF days for January (a long month)

I do this diary style to keep track, and I post the next morning

Saturday Feb 25 - AF - Still pretty out of it with the Covid and mostly staying in bed other than to shower and eat. I haven't put any real clothes on since Wednesday. Quite happy to have all of these nice cozy jammies. If I feel like having drinks I will have them. Mostly I just haven't been upright long enough to think about doing that.
    Sunday Feb 26 - 1 drink (2 - 1/2 drinks). I don't think that I have ever had just one drink before, but my world is pretty upside down with this Covid. This morning I have fallen down the rabbit hole of the dancing GIFS. Normally I wouldn't have time to sit at my computer, but standing up (or staying awake) is still proving to be a bit difficult. 4 days since testing positive, I definitely don't feel as bad as the first 2 days, but for sure couldn't go to work or anything, I don't stay awake much more than an hour at a time. I will have to get my 16th AF day today or tomorrow.

Rolling total: 15AF days out of 26 days.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Kudzu (love the name!) photo is terrifying. Glad she's ok. <3

Happy Monday, all. Fun weekend and fun night with intern's parents. The stylish hotel bar had an old school lounge act that was not at all the scene I remember it being but we all had fun. Did not stick to plan. (What's new?) 6 drinks for the weekend/week. Also, eating slightly over maintenance the past 2 weeks. Nothing out of the ordinary, but more of the ordinary than I need to maintain.
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    mfowler883 wrote: »
    @rockinrobyn672 Kudzu says it's a cat thing, most humans wouldn't understand. I had some custom guitar parts made by a guy in Istanbul, his cat fell 9 stories and only broke his legs.

-m

Agree! Also, and typical me, I realized later that it's "tightrope" and "not tight" wire. :smile:
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 487 Member
    Way to go everyone for staying accountable in February. I’m sure many have met or exceeded goals and some are coming in slightly under goal (or over depending upon how it’s framed). But, no matter where each of us end up, I feel this is a worthwhile journey!

March will be a challenge for me as part of February I was sick with a bad cold which helped me easily refrain from A earlier in the month.

I’m starting new volunteer work and getting busy with a couple of other commitments that start in the mornings.

I have found that coming here daily is so helpful. We are all working to attain less alcohol in some fashion - this is so commendable.

February accountability and stats:

AF - 17
    A - 9
    Goals: no more than two glasses of wine per A day. I have stayed within my personal 2 glass rule for health and weight loss goals.

Planning to remain AF during the weekdays until Friday night.
    See you on March 1st!

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    AF last night, and didn’t even want any despite a bush day at work. Tonight I’m hosting book club, so I’ll keep it to no more than two. Now to get my house ready!