• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    zr8cplxcjhas.png
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rita— Your lists are useful & valuable. I am so pleased that you’re focussing on good things. Your daily “spoilers” are welcome in my opinion. Choosing kind words when talking to yourself is valuable. ❤️ I like your zen tips, too. 🌸

Debbie— I wear my mask regularly when I am near others. It makes sense. I haven’t seen a mask that keeps off of a person’s face. I hope it works for you. 🌺

Barbie— It is Sunday morning and there is slushy snow outside so I am walking inside. I also have the good luck to have an exercise machine available to me. I appreciate the opportunity to move more. 👍🏻

I walked to DH’s room a few minutes ago and found him asleep after he finished his lunch. I’ll check in on him later this afternoon. ❤️

The insert in my mask is one dh made with his 3D printer. It is supposed to be so your lipstick doesn't get on your mask but it is great for me with my asthma. The mask still keeps my nose and mouth covered but not right against my mouth.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    How to Save Your Muscles from Aging:

Preface - I seem to spend my time going down rabbit holes, lol. Feel free to skip - I know you folks are busier than I am! Too cold to work outside right now, rain on the way.

This video popped up on my YouTube feed a few minutes ago.

It's one of the best I've seen explaining how, as we age, we lose mostly "Fast Twitch" muscle - muscle that is stimulated by strength training, and it seems lifting heavy enough weight that the muscles get very fatigued is the key. I reckon this is why the SWSY is effective, and if the weight is heavy enough that we can power through the first set but can't finish the second set, it's doing the job.

Warning **the presenter is in an anatomy lab, briefly using human cadaver arm muscle to explain how this works.**

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

PS - the video that followed this one showed the anatomy of a stomach including how much food a stomach can comfortably hold. :# Looks like a liter. :o:p
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Hugs Rosemarie.🙏💖. I'm sorry, my condolences to you and your family.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Barbie I have walking sticks too.. haven't used them in a long time but I will.
    My cousins are down in Tennessee in shorts and t shirts and im packing sweatshirts so im just thoroughly confused but I still have time lol..
    Rosemarie you'll be flying up to my sorta neck of the woods..my condolences my friend.. ill be in the Atlanta airport for about an hour..
    My grandpa used to say if your going to heaven or he** you have to change planes in Atlanta.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Well I had more chocolate for a total of 1257 calories then I walked off all but one. So much for rest day!

Rosemarie our thoughts are with you. Take care.

Annie in Delaware
  • nanerkay
    nanerkay Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Hot and humid!

Good time for a walk ... including a little jog. First jog I've done since the biopsies.

jq0ixmcfo962.png

Machka in Oz

Looks like a beautiful place to jog.
  • nanerkay
    Options
    My latest effort at the Sunset from my Bedroom Window picture. Reasonably happy this time. I tried a looser style.
    f8nl8xae5yy6.jpg
    Edie did a Matilda book cover. DH copied an Art Deco poster. :D Great fun was had by all. Relaxing afterwards.
    nac5z84k4chr.jpg
    Edie did this on my phone. :pwmusjnxy6cfh.jpg

Just waiting for my son to collect her.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

I love it looks like you had a fun day.
  • nanerkay
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    4taal10dnvbb.jpeg
    j2y97cew5phi.jpeg
    5bsl9ccphabt.jpeg