Options

Replies

• shmmm3
    shmmm3 Posts: 255 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    shmmm3 wrote: »
    Re: Coleslaw talk

I'm partial to a pretty tart coleslaw dressing too but I still want some sweet in there.

Bulgarian yogurt, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, and seasoned with salt and pepper. The dressing itself is low fat but the pulled pork that gets mixed with the slaw is definitely not.

Is Bulgarian yogurt better tasting then Greek? I can't handle the Greek flavour no matter what I do to it.

@GirlOnTheRebound It's very different. I had it for the first time about a year ago and now it's on the grocery list almost every week because I dip almost all roasted veggies in it + Sriracha. It's not thick like Greek yogurt and much more tangy.

Also, I was recently introduced to Primal Kitchen dressings. It's expensive but free of the artificial stuff so I keep it on hand for lazy nights.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Ohhhh cake! A few weeks back I was wanting cookies. I even went go the store to buy some but decoded to make them instead. Fresh cookie out of the oven....sigh. so I had my cookie, packed the rest up and sent them with husband to his work. My cake downfall is pineapple upside down cake. There is no sharing that so it's off my list till mini goal weight achieved lol

my daughter has recommended sites like this that make small batch desserts https://www.dessertfortwo.com/category/cookies-and-bars/
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Re: Coleslaw talk

I'm partial to a pretty tart coleslaw dressing too but I still want some sweet in there.

Bulgarian yogurt, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, and seasoned with salt and pepper. The dressing itself is low fat but the pulled pork that gets mixed with the slaw is definitely not.

Is Bulgarian yogurt better tasting then Greek? I can't handle the Greek flavour no matter what I do to it.

@GirlOnTheRebound It's very different. I had it for the first time about a year ago and now it's on the grocery list almost every week because I dip almost all roasted veggies in it + Sriracha. It's not thick like Greek yogurt and much more tangy.

Also, I was recently introduced to Primal Kitchen dressings. It's expensive but free of the artificial stuff so I keep it on hand for lazy nights.

I think this merits a look-see. Thank you
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    Ohhhh cake! A few weeks back I was wanting cookies. I even went go the store to buy some but decoded to make them instead. Fresh cookie out of the oven....sigh. so I had my cookie, packed the rest up and sent them with husband to his work. My cake downfall is pineapple upside down cake. There is no sharing that so it's off my list till mini goal weight achieved lol

my daughter has recommended sites like this that make small batch desserts https://www.dessertfortwo.com/category/cookies-and-bars/

Oh wow! What a great site. I will share this with momma too. Thanks