WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,855 Member
    Options
    March, 2023 Action for happiness.org

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate spring weather.
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 2/15-(100%,100%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 4/31– (84%,86%,)
    Arm weights twice a week 2/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow,)
    Meditation: daily. 4/31 (82%(started Feb))

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 4/8–(100%,100%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. (7,700,100%-9851,100%
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 —(100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 5/16 —(100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)24/64–(100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2—(100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 4/20– -(100%,88%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 7/12 (100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——3/12—(100%.100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71(100%,100%,100)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with more awareness and kindness every day.
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world. The blue water of Lea Lake, Snow on the mountains at a distance, walking a nature trail. All at Bottomless Lakes State Park.
    3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive. I am healthy and above ground. I can walk,talk,hear, see, taste, and smell (mostly). I appreciate that I alive and have a healthy body.
    4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words. I will try…
    5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them. I sent texts to my long distance friends to send them love.
    6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels. Most days are like that for me. So much less stress!
    7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day.
    8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and email of your food.
    9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others.
    10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face.
    11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee.
    12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying.
    13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today.
    14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do.
    15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly.
    16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity.
    17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.
    18. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down.
    19. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are.
    20. Focus on what makes you and others happy today.
    21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.
    22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult.
    23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them.
    24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.
    25. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    26. Choose too spend less times looking at screens today.
    27. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    29. Choose a different route today and see what you notice.
    30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.
    Barbie's Happiness Commandments

Be Barbie
    Lighten up
    Do it now
    Dance more
    Choose strategy over willpower
    Cultivate an attitude of gratitude
    Come from a place of love
    Stay in the moment
    Act the way you want to feel
    Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
    Don't expect praise or recognition
    It is what it is
    Don't take things personally
    Treat yourself like a toddler
    What's fun for other people may not be fun for you, and vice versa
    You can choose what you do, but you can't choose what you like
    Be kind, no exceptions
    Ask always, how could my life be better with less?

RVRita in Spring-like NM
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,057 Member
    Options
    Katie When I have made pancakes using oatmeal I grind the oatmeal in a blender. I use it instead of flour. Did you add baking powder? tThat is what makes pancake light. My recipe is 1/2 cup ground oat meal, 1/2 tsp baking powder, salt to taste, lemon rind, cinnamon to taste, one egg, tsp and half melted better or oil, enough milk to thin the batter. Cook in teflon pan. Real maple syrup heat with blueberries and raspberries . Yum
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    Options
    Well im home..
    Got Miles down for a second nap which wasn't to hard..he has a nasty cold.
    Tracy is freaking out because a friend of hers they met out in Ohio is home schooling her 3 yr old and at the age Miles is she was picking out colors and numbers..Tracy wants to home school him,I asked how is she going to do that if she is working part time.
    I really dont want to get roped into schooling him also..
    My cousin im going to visit had 6 kids and home schooled them all.so i will get some info and pointers from her..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,927 Member
    Options
    <3Allie Do your homework about home schooling. It is an art and a calling. People who home school their kids naturally and consistently make every moment a teachable moment. You can add conversations with Miles about your environment to your day as a start. 🌻😻🌞
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Options
    Barbara, no it's not mold falling from the ceiling. Maybe some sort of sealant from the air ducts is crumbling.

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Barbara-the soup was a pretty much failure- I used Silk because I had to use it up and after reducing down so much, it left the soup really sweet. I didn't try pureeing the asparagus and straining, Just tossed the ends in and let it simmer then took them out. Didn't give much flavor doing it that way. I did add some diced cooked asparagus to it. Dh said- well, it isn't terrible. Glad I didn't really waste much. Just about .50cents of Silk. I will try a little at lunch- no clue on calories beings it is only about a cup left but started with at least 4 cups of Silk. I am sure none of the calories evaporated out ;).
    If it isn't great when I try it it will get dumped. Not eating something that is so-so.(dh tried it, I didn't as I was stuffed from a big dinner of salmon w/pesto, asparagus and a huge green salad-skipped the rice completely).

I was really skeptical about going to Zumba the first time. Now I can't wait to go most nights.
    We have our class through the city Parks and Rec. dept. Just $25 a month for two nights a week.
    It is a small class and great teacher.
    It is something I enjoy doing for me- just an hour each class but an hour away from the house to do something just for me.
    With all the rain we are getting, I haven't been out walking so this is great to be back two nights a week after five months of one night(stopped the second one when the time changed and the park was too dark to have class plus it was too cold)
    Maybe see if there is something like that for you to try.

Debbie
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies and returnees! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

My grandmother always said that she ate fast because grandpa was a salesman and they always ate fast, nanerkay. So, she made it a point of setting a very nice table for herself, always a placemat, all the silverware, water cup, napkin, everything, like company was coming. Then she sat down and had a conversation with herself about the day. Took very small bites, cut everything, one bite at a time, chewed very carefully, had a sip of water in between every bite. Just made the meal an event.

I can't see any time being a good time Rosemarie, but it sounds like you have everything in order. God bless you and I hope it all goes well. I'm sorry about the sad visit with your friend. Grief takes on all forms and for some people it makes them hard.

Breakfast looks delish, Pip. Wish I could share!

6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels... I WISH, but Mondays don't allow for that. Maybe some other day.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN