Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Kim))) — Sending love. ❤️
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Kim, coast to coast and everywhere in between, much love coming your way. Some days, the triumph is simply standing up and putting one foot in front of the other. So glad you have a therapist you trust, and that listener you need.

There's been lots of advice from others, I have none. Neither Corey nor I have parents left. But I'm learning from everyone here what to do to make sure our kids don't go through what you're going through now--and have a lawyer's appointment next week to begin that process.

Their birth mom, on the other hand... well, that's a whole different kettle of stinky fish.

Gentle hugs, my friend.

Much love from Arkansas,
    Lisa

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Oops! Double posted.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Went to Chipotle with a friend of mine and then we went for ice cream. Came home and saw the SpaceX launch. It’s just amazing to see how the booster can come down with such accuracy. Then laid by the pool, went for the walk with Vince, will have dinner, go to cards, and then finish walking around the parking lot

After exercise stopped at Hobby Lobby. I needed some embroidery thread. I thought I’d brought enough with me, but not of the one color. In case it was a wrong shade, I got it in the morning and could return it when we went to lunch. But I didn’t have to return it

Lanette – I’m definitely going to have to check out those waffles. I’m always looking for something high protein for the days when I’m working. Protein keeps me full longer. And you can only have so many eggs.

Rita – happy belated birthday and happy early anniversary

Kim – sending love

Vince walked 4 times around the parking lot! He’s slowly increasing. I’m so proud

Michele off to dinner then cards
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I had to step in and do the demo at flowers today as our group leader was ill. It was a rush designing an arrangement and sourcing flowers, but it went well in the end. We are having very wintry weather again, and have had a severe weather warning for today and tomorrow.

I am skimming tonight as I still have to do my Latin prep for the morning.

Intentions for March:
    🔹Maintain weight < 140 (I have managed to stay at the lower end off the 140s)
    🔹Continue with Solid Habit development

Intentions for today✔️

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
    March Action for Happiness:
    1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with awareness and kindness
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world.Trees silhouetted against the sky; the appearance of snowdrops in spring; the sound of waves breaking on the shore.
    3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive. I meditate on this each morning when I wake up, and am grateful for each new opportunity to have a good day.
    4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words. Positive affirmations are very powerful. Be kind to yourself, always.
    5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them. We chatted with our girls about other family members, and raised a glass to them.
    6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels. I will do this tomorrow (7th)
    7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day.Resisting the temptation to plan my day. Serendipity reigns today.
    8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and email of your food. ✔️
    9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others. I’m a great advocate of deep breathing, and find this works well. [/spoiler]
    10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face.
    11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee.
    12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying.
    13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today.
    14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do.
    15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly.
    16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity.
    17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.
    18. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down.
    19. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are.
    20. Focus on what makes you and others happy today.
    21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.
    22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult.
    23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them.
    24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.
    25. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    26. Choose too spend less times looking at screens today.
    27. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    29. Choose a different route today and see what you notice.
    30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Michele - this is the waffle/pancake mix. I get it at Walmart, best price I've found:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kodiak-Cakes-Power-Cakes-Buttermilk-Pancake-and-Waffle-Mix-20-Oz/47375763?athbdg=L1200

For the longest time I just made a big pancake, but I like making waffles better since I can put a quarter in the toaster for a quick snack. I like adding chia to the mix, makes it a little crunchy.

And a tip of the hat to our Rebecca on Whidbey who initially found the prepared waffles in the frozen foods section. :)

Lanette B)

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Carla begonias should do well in your yard. Geraniums do well in my yard where they get morning sun. They can take it with less watering too. The Lantana I have are pink and yellow. A friend of mine said her sister calls them Barbie bouquets. Lantana does like more sun. So I have that at son's house that has much more sun.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Short walk w/family- 51.13min, 2.15ap, 2.15mi= 200c
    Strava app= 247c
    Short walk w/kirby- 18.58min, 3.15ap, 1.03mi= 108c
    Strava app= 127c

Total cal 308
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

I rode my bike ten minutes and did my dumbbells. Yay! I ate 1120 calories for a deficit of 421. Yay! (Edited to correct for half a banana that I didn't eat)

My knee is a little bit sore, after horseback riding and all. But not bad. I wore the brace to get up the stairs but it's coming off now. I figure it will take at least until next week to get any stronger. I'm doing the PT exercises 3x a week, plus the bike now.

Kim wishing you comfort in your tough situation.

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Lanette – thanks for the link. I absolutely must check it out when I get home. I like the protein content. That’ll be good for the days I work

Allie – have a great trip. Feel better soon

katla – I can feel your excitement. How wonderful that your things will soon be there.

Michele
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    I am always amazed (not in a good way) at the costs of healthcare things in the States.
    The home I work at if a full on nursing home. All residents need medical care 24/7. A semi private room is 62.35 per day and a private is 70.10 per day. Everything is included in those costs except 10.00 month for personal items (toothbrush/paste, razors, Kleenex) we buy it but charge 10.00 per month for that convenience. Hairdressing is available on site and we add to the invoice if necessary and cable costs 35.00 a month. Any special equipment is partially covered by the government and a small portion covered by the resident. All meals are provided for this.

The residents can still own property and have savings here. Everything doesn’t need to be sold to be taken care of.

I am always grateful to live here when medical costs are talked about.

Tonight is my last ceramics lesson for this session. Next Thursday is a break and Spring session starts the week after. I need to start a new project tonight.

Tracey in Edmonton

I'm not sure about prices in Australia, although I will likely be finding out soon. Nevertheless, I think many aged care health things are covered.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    Options