Muscle Masters (closed group)

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Heather, that's how I make my taco's...ground beef with black beans...adds some fiber.

Hey, WTG with posting the new weight :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey Muscle Masters....

I think we're going down this week, let's hope that Faith loses 5 lbs this week...There's some good numbers out there
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    About 1.8 lbs loss. Much better than expected. I was being good (relatively) and the scale didn't budge until this morning, phew!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    About 1.8 lbs loss. Much better than expected. I was being good (relatively) and the scale didn't budge until this morning, phew!

It's the wine...your body needed it...good job!!

Robin, nice loss today considering the very short week you had...keep it moving

Hopefully, we can keep everyone this week and work hard to make next week ours...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Very good work team, we ended up winning some how or another for 2 weeks straight

Whoosh, some of them had big losses that I thought would blow us out of the water. In order to stay that way, we need to win another week. The two lowest teams will have to trade the lowest losing player.

Plan this week:

1..Limit alcohol
    2..Start exercising at least 30 minutes a day
    3..Continue with the clean eating
    4..Goal is 1.8 lbs this week...to be 173.6

C'mon Sara lets finally get out of the 170s...Robin's on her way...I friggin' hate the 170s

Faith, I just realized that your now in the 170's as well...let's kick some butt

Ron, Heather, Connie...we are going to rock this week!!
  • faithikins
    Options
    Yeh baby let's pull another win this week! :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Great job team. we were solid and consistent. We can do it again.

I am so ready to be done with the 170's. I honestly thought I would never see them again this time last year. Anyway this morning was 170.6 so I will definately be in the 160 by next weeks weigh in. I am hoping for a 2 pound loss this week.

The plan:
    limit limit limit the alcohol
    Continue low cal clean eating
    Get my butt moving (I feel like crap again today with this wanna be cold thing so it will be hard)

Lets ROCK this week!!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I just want to make sure everyone see's this!!

Why the difference in rewards? I initially set it up for the 140 gals close in range. Then others hopped on board. The 170’s are all over the board so I dropped it to the 150’s and made the reward higher.

Let me know if you don’t want to play!!

130’s Challenge…The first person to reach the 130’s gets a 0.5 lb. advantage. If you slide back into the 140’s, you will be penalized 1.0 lb.

Kasi
    Erin
    Jaime
    Anne
    Cathy

150’s Challenge. ..The first person to reach the 150’s gets a 1.0 lb. advantage. If you slide back into the 160’s, you will be penalized 2.0 lb.

Irish
    Robin
    Kim
    Faith
    Sara
    Debbie
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I am hoping that they do not ping us with the disadvantage.

I think Ron will be more on track this week and come back with a better loss. We traveled last weekend so it was not a good week for us.

Great plan Robin, your a rockstar!! I saw 175 even this morning....down another 0.4 lb...we just need to stay very consistent, no big losses, no little losses
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Pork chops stuffed with feta cheese & spinach

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pork-chops-stuffed-with-feta-spinach-10000001599621/

Connie, I get a recipe from allrecipes.com...you should sign up for them...this was todays
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Well, after having Subway for lunch, not nearly enough water and waaaayy too much pizza for dinner last night, I was down a pound from yesterday's weigh-in :noway:

So, maybe after my gluttonous day at the fair today (seriously, I was horrible!) I'll drop another pound or two tomorrow morning! :laugh:

Kim - I'm sorry, but I'm confused.....all of us in the 170's are now trying to be the first into the 150's? Is that right? Either way, I'm in!
  • nisijam5
    Options

Kim - I'm sorry, but I'm confused.....all of us in the 170's are now trying to be the first into the 150's? Is that right? Either way, I'm in!

Yes, someone wanted a contest for the 70s...but, we are all over the board from 171 to 178...so, I chose the 150's to kind of even it out for everyone...it's the best I could come up with :ohwell:

Sara, I think that's part of your problem is too low calories consistently. Obviously, I don't know for certain. But, I think that you need to shake things up every once in a while. I read in Self magazine that you should be at 1600 calories a day to lose weight and meat all your nutritional needs. So, I've changed to that for the contest and it's working out OK so far.
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Sara, I think that's part of your problem is too low calories consistently. Obviously, I don't know for certain. But, I think that you need to shake things up every once in a while. I read in Self magazine that you should be at 1600 calories a day to lose weight and meat all your nutritional needs. So, I've changed to that for the contest and it's working out OK so far.

That might be it. The last month or two that I've been plateaued I've been eating all of my calories and my exercise calories so I was usually eating in excess of 2000+ cals/day. But, maybe you're right, maybe my net was still too low. I'll give this zig-zagging a go for a couple weeks and see how that works out for me.
  • healthymomwannabe
    healthymomwannabe Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Pork chops stuffed with feta cheese & spinach

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pork-chops-stuffed-with-feta-spinach-10000001599621/

Connie, I get a recipe from allrecipes.com...you should sign up for them...this was todays

Thanks so much, Kim. I'm signing up right now!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey MM's....weight is up a bit today, I am sure it's from eating the salty swill at work...today, I am def bringing some good healthy food, no eating after 7P either...these 3 days go fast before weigh-in, we nee to rock the scales for 3rd straight week. :bigsmile:

My birthday is next week which makes another hurdle to JUMP :ohwell:
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Hey all. Just wanted to check in quick. I we just got to our house in MD (we live in MI 1/2 the time & MD 1/2 the time due to hubby's job). Once we got here we realized our internet isn't working (I'm on my phone right now), I forgot my scale at or house in MI and I found my stash of Ghiradelli caramels I forgot I had in the freezer here. I have had a horrible weekend eating-wise. We've been traveling since Saturday morning. Back at it in the morning! Hope you all had a good weekend!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Sunday's weight looked good after all the wine I was a bit dehydrated so the scale showed under 170 but way back up this morning. I know if I eat clean I will be fine.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Robin, I was curious if you were going to hit the 160's this week (sooooo jealous). Ron is down 1.4 so far this week and plans to be in the one-derland for weigh-in.

I was up 2lb today; but, know I am holding water from working all weekend. I'm just going to keep clugging the water and eating clean. I was hoping for a 1.8 lb loss and think I might just have to settle for anything at this point.

I plan to start exercising tonight. I haven't been doing that and need to start. Just 30 minutes of elliptical, I don't need my muscles to hold water as well with a bunch of strength training. But, this girls got to shake things up.

Sara, wipe off your chin, put away the chocolate and count that as a zig-zag day!!!

Faith, Heather and Connie...hoping that your not on-line because you are cooking healthy meals and working out
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I've been offline because I'm dying of a plague. My whole house is sick and on antibiotics now.... even one of my cats was perscribed kitty antibiotics from the vet today.... :frown: Plus this week is my last week of my first grad class...I thought our paper/powerpoint/webcast were all due on Sunday night, but they are actually due Friday... so I'm just super busy this week. I miss you guys and I'll try not to fall off the planet too bad this week. Next week life slows down a lot for me and then I'll be back to stalking the boards. :flowerforyou:
  • faithikins
    Options

Faith, Heather and Connie...hoping that your not on-line because you are cooking healthy meals and working out

How did you know? :laugh: