NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hi all.. I am doing better, even walked outside for awhile yesterday because it was so nice. Can be out in public, but need to mask through tomorrow. We are leaving for Ok on Thurs, so I am glad I should be un-contagious. Been taking it really easy for a week, because I want to be over it!! I have lost about 3# which I am figuring will rebound soon, lol.

@cbabie Sorry you have not been feeling good. Hope it is getting better.

@trooworld Have fun with the new puppy. It is good that Daisy is Ok with her being there. We sent the grandpuppy home Fri. It is nice to have more room in the bed, lol.

@theslightedgeforever How is the whole food type program going? I hope you are feeling better, too.

Covid brain fog is real...the other night I couldn't figure out where the volumn button was on the tv remote. After staring for about a minute trying to find it, I realized I was holding the home phone. :D
    Hope that gets better...don't need more confusion at my age, lol.

I am going to try to post more! I do appreciate the support & "friendships" here.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    @trooworld So can you add in one day this week for a date with your Tonal? I see you increased your water. Good for you.

@retiredandlovingit Sorry I had to laugh about the remote/phone story. I do that and I don't think it's the covid, although it just may be and I don't know it. lol Keep making good food choices and keep up the walking and maybe you won't have a rebound. There are days when I do well on my color coded foods and then like yesterday, I got 0%. It was a busy grab and go day. Shouldn't be to hard to grab a fruit.

Today has been a better day with my green foods. I found a couple of good salad recipes on Instagram today. So I'll add the ingredients to my shopping list for next week.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Oh I'm glad to hear you are doing better! Thank you. Yes, Daisy seems to enjoy her for the most part. It is a little cramped in the bed lol. Wow about the brain fog. I appreciate YOU!

@theslightedgeforever Probably not. I'm not ready to make a commitment. I am increasing my activity through the new dog + the old dog. Good job with the green foods!

Hi all. I'm feeling a bit dizzy this morning, I don't know if I will go to work or not. We found out yesterday that Violet is only barely 9 months old! We thought she was about 2 years old but the vet records say her exact birthdate (she must have been an owner turn-in). I'm walking more, the new dog needs more exercise than Daisy.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,567 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I am here. Well I made myself take a covid test and yep it was positive, I think I have had it for a bit. Looking back I was beginning to think I was just getting old, but now it seems it was just the great corona virus....LOL. My first clue was the nausea that kept hitting me...funny it wasn't that I felt like I had been hit by a car and then the car was just sitting on. me.... :)

@trooworld So glad you are enjoying the 2 pugs...you will get back to your routine, just keep focusing om 1 thing.

@RetiredAndLovingIt it's just the brain fog...we have all been there. LOL. sounds like you and I must have been around the same virus. LOL

@theslightedgeforever all you can do is keep trying. I had to laugh about the color coding...I think we color code because we grew up with it..(organize any way you can). LOL

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    Options
    Hi, quick note before I start packing to go to OK. Doing well, just some postnasal drainage now. That could also be allergies tho, too. I'm sure there is a lot of mold in the air now that the snow has melted.

@cbabie Oh no... hope you get over it soon. I don't think I had much fatigue or nausea, mostly cold symptoms & my eye would not quit watering! Of course, I don't have all the little ones to look after like you do, it's just me & dh & he can take care of himself, lol.

@trooworld Oh, she is just a baby then. Have fun walking her. If it would have been nice weather when we had Bella (grandpuppy), I would have walked her some. But the cold & being sick didn't help. Does your dh use the Tonal much?

@theslightedgeforever I tried looking up the color coding for Noom. Might try it when we get back home. That's OK if you laughed at my comment...that's partly why I added it. We all need some humor, lol.

Well, gotta get busy!
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Have just caught up on posts and I’m so glad to be part of this group 😊

I’ve been doing okay, exercise has picked up and I’ve been working pretty hard with just the odd day missed, but it’s been an effort so I’m pleased with myself. Almost didn’t today but here I am stepping as I type. Going slower than usual but it’s something. This was a conscious “for my future self” decision 😊. Food is still not great though - I have plans and strategies, just not follow through apparently.

@trooworld I’m excited for you and the new pup - not many things give you warm-and-fuzzies more than a puppy.

@retiredandlovingit I read your post and my brain interpreted “postNATAL” and took a minute to make sense of it. Wondered for a second how long I’d been away - apparently that brain fog is doing the rounds 🤪

Sorry that’s all I have time for - hi to everyone else tho 👋👋👋
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld That's good you are getting in some extra exercise with Violet.

@cbabie Sorry about the covid. Just think you could have like you had been hit by a bus. :) You know I can always find the silver lining.

@retiredandlovingit I got my Noom color foods list from Pinterest. I've saved it to my notes on my phone for easy reference.

@Tamevv I wonder why we make plans and then don't execute the plans. Even though we know just do it. So many times we don't. Or we procrastinate. When I'm determined to do it, then it seems easier. That's great that you are getting in your exercise now. I'm struggling with that. my body just seems so tired after this last bout of sickness. If I didn't have a heart problem I would be slurping down energy drinks just to exercise.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Interesting you say nausea, I've been nauseous since yesterday. I hope you feel better soon!

@RetiredAndLovingIt Yes, she is! I am definitely walking her a lot, she's a good walker unlike my old girl Daisy. He uses the Tonal every day, yes.

@Tamevv Sounds like you are doing better. Yes about the pup, definitely warm and fuzzies!

@theslightedgeforever Yes!

Hi all. Well, I was feeling awful yesterday (nausea, lightheaded/dizzy/off-kilter, headache) so called my healthcare provider. They wanted me to go to urgent care so I did. They were concerned about a possible stroke so they did an EKG, ran a lot of blood work but they also gave me IV fluids in case I was dehydrated. The blood work and EKG didn't give any clues. If I wasn't feeling better, they wanted me to go to the ER but after the fluids, I *thought* I was feeling a little better so they sent me home. I wasn't feeling better, I realized as I went to the car, but I didn't go to the ER. I just couldn't sit for 6-12 hours in the ER feeling like that. I also have things to do, today Violet gets spayed and tomorrow Daisy gets an echocardiogram. I promise I am monitoring my symptoms.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    Options
    @trooworld Yes…please take care of yourself! & I hope you are better!

@Tamevv Oh no…definitely not postnatal at my age!! (73)

That’s all I have for now…bedtime!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Thank you!

Hi all. I am feeling better today, not 100% but better. I emailed my doctor yesterday and she thinks I have some sort of a virus. I made fish tacos in the air fryer last night, they were good. That's all I have!

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,567 Member
    Options
    Morning all, well I am feeling better actually got a shower...that in itself is a struggle around here at times. I am such a morning person and I live with people who SLEEP..lOL. I am going to take another covid test to see if I am still positive. I hope not. We were supposed to celebrate my oldest birthday last weekend, had to cancel and we might if everyone is not cleared of covid still have to cancel again. The good news is that I won't have cake to eat..LOL. We will see...

@trooworld I hope you are feeling better...you scared me...my dad suffered with a stroke and I don't want you to have that..that is why we are here...to get healthy not skinny!!! It could be a virus, there is so much nasty stuff going around right now.

@tamevv glad you are back and you know that's the first step, moving your body is next..."check" you did that, see you doing it!!

@theslightedgeforever no energy drinks...my grandkids live off of them and unfortunately some of my adult children do too..LOL

@RetiredAndLovingIt Enjoy your trip, we will see you when you get back!!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm so glad you are feeling better. I am also a morning person and get up at 4am, my husband? If he has his way, he will sleep in to 7-7:30 lol. I hope you are negative. Yeah, I am feeling better with the exception of a headache. Thanks for your concern. Strokes run in my family so it is something that scares me a lot!

Hi all. Feeling better. I am close to starting to track, I believe: there is a desire to do it.

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I'm glad you are feeling better. You had me worried a bit. But sometimes remember the world can wait. We women usually put ourselves last and think oh it's not really that serious but sometimes it is. Yaaay on getting ready to track.

@retiredandlovingit How is your food program? Postnatal made me laugh. Although I was saying to my hubby today if we had another child what would you name it. He just looked at me.

@cbabie Did you take another test? Birthday cake doesn't have calories. You know me. I wouldn't try to tiptoe around and be quiet. They can use earplugs. On the other hand, look at all that quiet time to yourself. Silver lining.

Food has been okay today. Hubby and I took a 35 min walk.

Almost 25% of this year is already done. Have you reached 25% of the goal you set at the beginning of the year? How are you doing on 1 lb for this month?
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, I know what you mean. I still have a headache but otherwise, I am feeling good. Yay for the 35 min walk! No, I have definitely not reached 25% of the goal I set. I don't even know that I set a goal, I'll have to look back. I'm sure I did but I lost focus. Boo to the 1 lb. :(

Hi all. I was about to come on MFP and reply to all the discussions I am involved in but I put on the brakes and made the time to pretrack my meals, all but breakfast (I'm not sure what I am having). This is good, I knew I was close to starting again but I am glad to put my foot in the door now.

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld The month isn't over yet. Still time to lose 1 lb. Remember we didn't start at the beginning of the month. March 14. You've still got 2 more weeks to lose a lb. You can do it. It sounds like you are finding your focus.

• Tamevv
    Options
    Hi everyone.

@trooworld Yay for tracking. I’ve just sat down and done my day too, although mine is retrospective. Have eaten really well and so far stayed away from the snacks even though the habit to wander to the pantry has niggled, but I’ve been conscious and moved away. Yay me.

• trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever That's a good point, thanks. I think I'm beginning to find my focus.

@Tamevv Thanks! Sounds like you are doing pretty well and on your way, too! Yay you!

Well, the pretracking was a total fail: I ate nothing that I pretracked and everything that I didn't lol. I went back and tracked what I ate. I will try again today. It should be easier as I'm going to work.

Water yesterday: 101.4 oz

• Tamevv
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Morning all.

@trooworld A new day! Let’s both track it 👍

I did stay good yesterday - cleaned my teeth so NO snacking after dinner and feeling proud of myself. Now just need to rinse and repeat. Did step and strength this morning and muscles are feeling tired but good. Thinking I’m about due for a massage - just need to find a window for it.

@theslightedgeforever I saw the stuff about a pound a month, but those never work for me - I just am happy if the scales are showing a downward trend - which they haven’t been, but this week will be different!!!! How is your month going numbers-wise?

Hi @cbabie 👋👋. Hope you’re feeling better and that today is a good day for you. Drink some water!! 😉
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @tamevv Good for you for staying away from the snacks. I really wanted something crunchy today but I have nothing in the house. Yaaay on your strength training. I was doing really well on my numbers this month until today's weigh in. Suddenly I've gained almost 5 lbs in the last 8 days. Hopefully just a blip in time.

@trooworld Celebrate the fact that you pre-tracked plus you also tracked again. Woohoo on your water.

Hubby and I took a 37 min walk today.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv Yes! Great job yesterday. That's a good idea to clean your teeth. I love massages.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks! You are making it a habit to walk with your hubby, that's awesome.

Hi all. I tracked accurately yesterday, I had to go back and change what I had for breakfast but overall, it was correct. I have pretracked for today. Man, this is such a struggle, the weight loss journey. I don't think it ever gets easier.