Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,886 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    clprieur wrote: »
    RenaPink11 wrote: »
    SModa61 wrote: »
    Thank you for the info!! I do appreciate it. I actually like fiberone cereal :smile:

@renapink11 and @SModa61 I eat the FibreOne Oats and Chocolate bars as my desserts! I'm addicted! Lol. :)

@clprieur Those sounds tasty. Since starting invisalign, eating after dinner is a rare occurrence. If I want a "sweet", it is now with lunch, or maybe late afternoon. I don't know the content of your bars, but the two benefits from the morning cereal (in the amount that I serve) is that I get all my fiber needs for the whole day, and I also get a very nice percentage of my daily iron. I happen to now mix it with protein powder, chia seed, and yogurt to make it less carb laden. It is an odd breakfast that no one says "can I have a bite". :P
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,886 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @quiltingjaine I have certainly heard people claim miralax is bad for me. I asked the CRS specifically about this, AND about how the label instructions state a limited use. Her explanation is that the label warning it so that people do not self treat/diagnose and ignore the doctor which leads to the risk of missing a significant illness. I am in a hemorrhoid facebook group, and a couple times a year a member learns that the hemorrhoids they believed that had and were self treating, was actually cancer. During my surgery, they added in a colonoscopy while they were "in there". No surprises!

I have heard that I could achieve what miralax does using more natural means like magnesium. I have just spent so many years of ruined life (long story), that I don't want to mess with what has been working so well. Maybe I'll take a risk and test it out some time.

edit: I'll briefly add that the last straw for my body was my attempting keto on an already constipation prone body. Won't describe that happened. The good was that it got me to do the surgery that I was terrified about. Best thing I ever did (the surgery that is). I will say though, I did enjoy the keto while it lasted.
  • SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @clprieur @caitlinnf84 Dave’s Killer Bread Good Seed thin sliced with an egg on top (fried in avocado oil spray) is my go to quick breakfast — yummy! It also makes killer French toast, which I eat with a little fruit-only spread (I like St. Dalfour raspberry, or orange marmalade). It’s nutritious, yummy, and low-calorie. Good Seed is really great bread for whatever—I make veggie sandwiches with it with avocado/guacamole or hummus, tomato, cucumber, sprouts if I have them, occasionally a slice of turkey or chicken. I find I don’t need Mayo or butter with the moisture from the tomato and hummus or avocado/guacamole. There’s something really satisfying about Good Seed, and the thin sliced is not bad on calories.
  • tishawj
    tishawj Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Back from Merida and ready to get back in the game! Just need to get into my regular tracking routine this round, shouldn't be hard, already seemed natural this morning even if I had a late start.

Female - 51yrs - 5'5"
    Goal weight - to hang out somewhere 145-150
    Pre Vacay Weight 03/27 - 173.0

4/2 - Vacay
    4/3 - Travel home day
    4/4 - 178.6 - Sausage fingers and toes...clearly retaining stuff from a LOOONG travel day with 2 flights and 8 hour layover. There are direct flights from Toronto to Merida but none back....it's off season. I'm sure the 6 days of 37C weather didn't help in the water retention department...or the many cervesas LOL. We walked so much, I'm glad I was able to maintain a good level of activity. Looks like they had quite the thaw here while we were away so I'm not sure what the trails will be like for my regular hikes. Will probably venture out that way tomorrow with the dog. Sticking close to home today to get the household back in order after the grands and boys did their own thing.
    4/5 - 176.0 - Released some water weight yesterday. Got in a good walk in the neighbourhood with the dog. Was planning on checking out the trails near us today but we're in the middle of a storm system that has been thundering and dumping heavy rain and hail on and off for a few hours now...don't really want to venture out and get caught in it. So may do a short walk after my coffee and then eliptical later today after I get groceries...need to fill the fridge...the teens did a good job of clearing it out while we were away...who am I kidding, they clear it out even when we're here!!
    4/6 - 175.6 - vacay weight still easily coming off...means it's still mostly water/bloat from the carbs/booze and different routine. I'm expecting it might get slower soon. Nicer day today so plan to get to the woods to see how dirty we can get :smiley: I'm making chicken stock and then chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight from the costco chickens we got yesterday. Family favourite and healthy!! Doggo is grumbling at me so I better finish my coffee and hit the trails!
    4/7 - 173.6 - Well there you go! Got on the scale 3 times to check this one. Apparently I didn't do as much actual damage as I thought I might have on our trip. It's windy and cold this morning...hubby is taking the dog out so I'm going to hop on the eliptical this morning. Going to stay way on top of tracking food today and tomorrow as we head up to my parents place later tomorrow until Monday for Easter. I won't be preparing all the food there so won't have as much control about what's we're eating.
    4/8
    4/9
    4/10
    4/11
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,163 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @deepwoodslady Your post about hating fruits and veggies makes me so sad. I’ve always thought fresh fruits, and veggies well prepared, are among life’s greatest pleasures. I’m curious, too, because I can’t imagine life without them….what do you eat?

@SheilaBoneham Most of my life I have mainly eat processed foods like canned soup, velveeta mac & cheese, beefaroni, pizza rolls etc. Unfortunately I also love breads but I can (and now do) choose the healthier whole grain ones. I've also cut myself off of most canned foods (except Tuna).

I do eat meats but it must be lean cuts. I have always feared fat or gristle or anything getting in my mouth that "doesn't belong". Because of that, meat is not my favorite. I could probably even be a vegetarian if I liked veggies!

I love dairy but lately I don't think it loves me. Any type of cheese. Lately, because of my heart, I have stuck to the lower fat cheeses which are the white ones. I love cottage cheese and have went down to 1% because of my cholesterol.

I have spent most of my life eating "safe foods" that will not gross me out or gag me. Breads, pancakes and sweet cakes are all safe. No seeds, no veining, no gristle etc. I've had to stop that practice for the most part so now finding foods can be difficult.

I am trying to "sneak in" some veggies now. I can do zucchini if I make zucchini boats. I can used cooked peppers, onions and mushrooms for omeletes. I can eat the potatoes and carrots in a crockpot roast now. I can now eat avocado (though it's not my favorite). I am going to look into making a spread for toast with it or a guac to see if I can tolerate it better. I have also learned to hide baby spinach leafs in some of my dishes. Any veggies that I am learning to eat seem to need cooking so they are not "crunchy" and they need to be hidden in other foods or mixed in a concoction (sauced up).

I eat lots of nuts and seeds. I really miss pasta. Most alternative choices (like chickpea or red lentil etc.) still has more carbs that I want. For now I have been using well-rinsed konjac noodles occasionally or mainly palm hearts. I would never have eaten either one a year ago so this is a new accomplishment for me.

It's a challenge for sure. I am trying to open up to foods that are healthier that I would never have considered before. A little at a time...... Yes, I am hungry very often as most foods I hate.

Most of my issues are textures.
  • shmmm3
    shmmm3 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @clprieur @caitlinnf84 Dave’s Killer Bread Good Seed thin sliced with an egg on top (fried in avocado oil spray) is my go to quick breakfast — yummy! It also makes killer French toast, which I eat with a little fruit-only spread (I like St. Dalfour raspberry, or orange marmalade). It’s nutritious, yummy, and low-calorie. Good Seed is really great bread for whatever—I make veggie sandwiches with it with avocado/guacamole or hummus, tomato, cucumber, sprouts if I have them, occasionally a slice of turkey or chicken. I find I don’t need Mayo or butter with the moisture from the tomato and hummus or avocado/guacamole. There’s something really satisfying about Good Seed, and the thin sliced is not bad on calories.

Yesterday I remembered a bread dish a friend from Spain taught me and when I made it my husband said "it is good" so I translate that to it's delicious. Take your lightly toasted bread, rub it with garlic and a half tomato and get all the juices and seeds on the bread, and top with drizzle of olive oil, then salt and pepper. We had leftover roasted garlic so I smeared that on. I am so glad to have remembered it with all this talk about healthy ways to enjoy bread on here. It tastes so "light" and feels great to eat. Maybe it feels great to me because I pop the crushed tomato in my mouth while finishing prepping the bread and I never get to eat enough tomatoes. Here's a link to more ways to do it. I just used Ezekiel bread but obvs it would be better with fancy bread. https://www.seriouseats.com/pan-con-tomate-tomato-bread-spanish-recipe