What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    litha_ wrote: »
    Going to a wedding in Essex this summer. They told all guests they just want money. No gifts. Isn’t money a gift? I’m wondering to myself if that’s a good thing that they’re being so direct because it makes it easier or if it’s kind of rude? Maybe it’s a cultural or generational difference. It’s been awhile since I went to a wedding.

At least there will be Eton Mess to look forward to, meeting new people and exploring around the location of the wedding.
    omg you’re not from North America. I had no idea. Anyway, yes money is a gift. Though it does rub me the wrong way when people specify what kind of gift they want to be given. And that is most likely a generational thing

I am very much from North America although the opposite coast from you. 😂 I just have deep ties to England and it will be the first time back since before the pandemic. I think it just rubbed me the wrong way with the request because this is only one of many.

OK phew! I thought I was losing my Britdar.

Hopefully the wedding will at least be fun. Will you wear a (funny) hat?

• TwitchyMagee
    Options
    _Redux wrote: »
    @irw327 - Thanks! Had some coffee last night and turned into Oscar Wilde. Back to being a basic bro today.

Do it again! 😃
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Going to a wedding in Essex this summer. They told all guests they just want money. No gifts. Isn’t money a gift? I’m wondering to myself if that’s a good thing that they’re being so direct because it makes it easier or if it’s kind of rude? Maybe it’s a cultural or generational difference. It’s been awhile since I went to a wedding.

At least there will be Eton Mess to look forward to, meeting new people and exploring around the location of the wedding.
    omg you’re not from North America. I had no idea. Anyway, yes money is a gift. Though it does rub me the wrong way when people specify what kind of gift they want to be given. And that is most likely a generational thing

I am very much from North America although the opposite coast from you. 😂 I just have deep ties to England and it will be the first time back since before the pandemic. I think it just rubbed me the wrong way with the request because this is only one of many.

I'm curious about this Britdar and how it
    works
    Mostly it comes down to language. Brits also have a sassy attitude but that’s harder to define

• TwitchyMagee
    edited April 2023
    Options

works
    Mostly it comes down to language. Brits also have a sassy attitude but that’s harder to define

None of my 'dars' work

That’s terrible! Practice more
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited April 2023
    Options
    There’s a job I was thinking of applying for but unfortunately the wife of a man who is starting in my current office works there and it’s a very small, active grapevine.
  • _Redux
    _Redux Posts: 87 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

works

None of my 'dars' work

You’re hard on yourself.

Your twatdar is clearly working, it identifies me every time I mention Liverpool.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,216 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    In law drama on the weekend...today someone for our ice show, which is this weekend, didn't like the colour of the skirt she was assigned and decided she was quitting and threw it in the garbage. This is an adult!! I lead the group today, just assigned someone else her spot, rescued the skirt from the garbage, gave it to the person who wanted to trade it to someone so they could get the one they wanted (as an adult would do) and then offered to help out with the kids she was supposed to be helping but I'm sure will now let down.

What's with all the drama lately??!!!!
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    In law drama on the weekend...today someone for our ice show, which is this weekend, didn't like the colour of the skirt she was assigned and decided she was quitting and threw it in the garbage. This is an adult!! I lead the group today, just assigned someone else her spot, rescued the skirt from the garbage, gave it to the person who wanted to trade it to someone so they could get the one they wanted (as an adult would do) and then offered to help out with the kids she was supposed to be helping but I'm sure will now let down.

Grown-ups sure can be childish. Was the skirt yellow by any chance?
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I want to do hood rat things with my friends but I don’t want a hangover. I want to be on a beach somewhere too. Too much other than work and training on my mind. Does that mean I need a vacation?
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I mean, I guess it was fun. But what’s left? So long & thanks for all the fish
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,047 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hopefully it will be really fun. I hadn't even thought about a hat or a fascinator, because I still haven't found a dress. I'll get back to you on that one as it gets closer.

ETA: As far as the Britdar goes, be wary of those Brits that don't support "The Gunners" even if they might blow the season. (I'm joking just in case someone takes that seriously)
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I want to do hood rat things with my friends but I don’t want a hangover. I want to be on a beach somewhere too. Too much other than work and training on my mind. Does that mean I need a vacation?

Do. It.
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options

Do. It.

Hahahahaha! Grrrr I need to look at Memorial Day weekend Maybe.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,216 Member
    Options

Grown-ups sure can be childish. Was the skirt yellow by any chance?

No!!! It was red. There was no yellow. Oddly there was a white one. It's going to now be the extra
  • lrw327
    lrw327 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

My vote is YES! Maybe not to the hangover, but definitely to hitting up the beach!
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,579 Member
    Options
    Oldest grandson really liked the autographed Edelbrock book that a sweet friend here gifted me. 😊🥰
  • litha_
    Options
    HYYY - if you’ve left, you’ll leave a big hole with your absence in this place. Good luck with the drawing classes. 🤍
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    HYYY - if you’ve left, you’ll leave a big hole with your absence in this place. Good luck with the drawing classes. 🤍

She's gone. 😭 I woke up to one less friend today. She'll be back one day. Hopefully soon 💖
  • litha_
    Options

She's gone. 😭 I woke up to one less friend today. She'll be back one day. Hopefully soon 💖

I wasn’t sure with her post if she had really left. I’m sorry to see her leave.