NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 A rainy day sounds nice. I hope your mom can relax some so she can heal. Yes, got a lot of steps in at the festival. Fun time.

@theslightedgeforever Me too. Although I already know one cause: changes in the barometric pressure/changes in the weather. Not much to be done there. I will have to think about the lessons. Right now, the only thing is that I didn't track or drink enough water or exercise enough = disastrous results.

@senoritafloridita Oh no! I can't believe the day finally came and it poured rain. :( I am not surprised he got a blister, his feet were probably soaked from the rain and it probably helped cause that blister. You should be very proud of both of you! That's too bad that the first aid station wasn't focused on helping the people that actually needed it. Yes, 5Ks will be a breeze! Congrats to your son and to you!

Hi all. I slept in yesterday and had a busy day, so here I am today. I tracked most foods yesterday. The foods I didn't track should have been tracked. They were unplanned foods. I just went back and tracked those foods but I'm doing myself no favors by not tracking them on the spot.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @senoritafloridita Too bad about the rain. But look how many miles you did do. That is an accomplishment in itself. You set out to run a half marathon and you did. Now you know some things for next time. Poor kid. I bet that blister was awful. I've been out walking and suddenly my toe box area will just start hurting like someone is sticking knives and pins in that part. I couldn't continue and was halfway on a trail. So I would sit 5 min and walk a bit. Meanwhile dh would be saying are we stopping again. :s

@gemwolf110 Can't believe it's May already. Let's kick some butt in May.

@trooworld Yaay on partially tracking and then following up. I don't always track on the spot. Actually you just reminded me about something I forgot. lol

I'm doing well on food but not exercise. I guess I'm going to have to get up earlier and do it then first thing so no one gets in my way.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, It's been more than a year since I've checked in here. Good to see some familiar names. I've been maintaining for a while. Hope everyone is doing well
  • senoritafloridita
    senoritafloridita Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @trooworld That's great that you went back and tracked the foods - 100% better than not tracking at all. And that's great you got to sleep in. And yeah, I'm sure the non-stop rain caused his blister. Thanks, I'm proud of us - especially him. His first race! Looking forward to 5Ks after this.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks. Yeah I'm definitely glad we got out there and did it. That's too bad about your toe box area - isn't that just the worst when you're in the middle of a walk and have to go through more pain just to get back? Lol about your DH. Mine says stuff like that sometimes too. And that's good you're doing well on food right now. I'm sure you'll work some more exercise in soon.

Hi Evamutt.

The scale has been up since the race but I guess it's probably my body being a bit swollen. Scale is going back down at least. I also ate a bit more this weekend but I'm back to skipping breakfast. I'm also still limping around after the race. I had injured my left foot in February and it's still flaring up. Might have to get it checked out soon - I thought it would just heal on its own. The morning after the race, the pain on the underside of the foot was excruciating. Oh well, it's been improving.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all, sorry won't get to many post...have another Dr appt this morning and makes the mornings rough. I lost 2 lbs last week, not sure how. LOL. When I went to the Dr yesterday their scale said I had lost another lb..but when I got home, I weighed on my scale and it was just the 2lbs. LOL Trying to move my body. I bought a treadmill that will go under something..I. just have to find that something. It will get here tomorrow night. I hope it works for me and I make it happen. I am not getting any younger. :)

I will try to be more consistent just seems the baby's schedule and mine don't mix and well we are working on that. I think I have determined I need to be a night owl and then I will get my time I am so seeking.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @Evamutt Welcome back! What goals are you working towards for May?

@senoritafloridita I think foot pain is the worst. For awhile I had plantar fasciitis on my right foot and a stress fracture across the top of my left foot. I found out I could dance but not walk very well so I began dancing for my exercise. Glad both of my feet are good right now. I think the stretching I was doing helped. But I'm not as diligent as I was so those injuries could creep back in if I'm not careful.

@cbabie Yaaay on your two lbs and getting a treadmill. Strap the baby on your back if you have to so you can walk each day. How about a kitchen table? Will the treadmill go under that? Just keep working on your program and tweak what you can.

I exercised today. Go me! :D I used to exercise 6 days a week. It shouldn't be this big of a deal. But it's done for the day. I burned my 300 cals like I planned. I added some broccoli and red peppers to our normal cheese omelet this morning. Reduced the amount of cheese. Evidently too many vegetables compared to eggs and what started out as an omelet ended up being a veggie scramble. lol Hubby's comment for the day: Oh we're eating healthy now are we? Followed by the chaser....tonight you'll be eating some chocolate. Balance, my dear, balance. Actually I did really well today with the choc. A friend of mine had given me a box of chocolates and while I have been ignoring them each day, that may not last so I was giving the rest to my mil caregiver. I kept 4 pieces for the next two weekends. A half piece broke off and I almost popped it into my mouth. But said no and threw it away. I'm trying to contain my sweet eating to the weekends. I'm hoping a little change in habit here and there will end up in some lost pounds.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    @Evamutt Hi 👋🏻 I hope all is well! Good to see you back :smile:
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Yeah I never pretrack perfectly, I always have to add things back in. That's good that food is good. That's a good plan to get it out of the way before you can make excuses. I just read your 2nd post: go you! Oh gosh that stinker husband of yours lol. Did he like it at least? That is a smart idea to give away the chocolates.

@Evamutt Hey there! Good to see you! Congrats on maintaining! That's awesome. Yeah, we are still around!

@senoritafloridita True! Yeah, I needed to sleep in: we stayed up later than usual the night before and I knew I couldn't function if I didn't. Yay for the 5Ks! I'm sure your body is still swollen. I can't believe you did that race with a foot that is injured, wow!

@cbabie Congrats on the loss! I hope you like the treadmill. I hope you can find a balance and get your "me" time.

@gemwolf110 How is everything? How's your mom?

Hi all. I seem to track one day and then not the next. I need to get consistent. I have had a busy week and am glad I am working from home today. For dinner, we are having Blueberry Chicken Chopped Salad. I am looking forward to it.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, yea I made it...well I got up really early to beat the baby...LOL. he was up at 2:30 feeding and I got up at 4:20, I knew he might sleep until 6...make a plan and work it right? LOL. I ate within my calories and fat, but that's only because I was gone all day, 2 very long Dr appts. So maybe that's my key LOL

@trooworld Blueberry Chicken chopped Salad sounds good, my family wouldn't eat it..they like only veggies in a salad. glad you get to work from home...I don't know if I could go back to working in an office 5 days a week. :) I am working on consistency too!! :)

@theslightedgeforever I laughed at DH remark...I can see and hear him. LOL. yea for you on the chocolate...I am not that strong.. had my PB before I went to bed. LOL

@senoritafloridita so glad you guys got to at least be in the race, sorry that you didn't get to finish. But what an experience to share with your son. I am sure it's all about the fluid in your muscles. Great job.

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @theslightedgeforever Yeah I never pretrack perfectly, I always have to add things back in. That's good that food is good. That's a good plan to get it out of the way before you can make excuses. I just read your 2nd post: go you! Oh gosh that stinker husband of yours lol. Did he like it at least? That is a smart idea to give away the chocolates.

@Evamutt Hey there! Good to see you! Congrats on maintaining! That's awesome. Yeah, we are still around!

@senoritafloridita True! Yeah, I needed to sleep in: we stayed up later than usual the night before and I knew I couldn't function if I didn't. Yay for the 5Ks! I'm sure your body is still swollen. I can't believe you did that race with a foot that is injured, wow!

@cbabie Congrats on the loss! I hope you like the treadmill. I hope you can find a balance and get your "me" time.

@gemwolf110 How is everything? How's your mom?

Hi all. I seem to track one day and then not the next. I need to get consistent. I have had a busy week and am glad I am working from home today. For dinner, we are having Blueberry Chicken Chopped Salad. I am looking forward to it.

It’s going good. Mom had her checkup yesterday. She said it went good. Grandma is doing good yay. Pups are good. Having they round of annual shots and check ups.

I hear ya I try to go back and put in what I didn’t track the day before the salad sound yummy let us know how it comes out.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Yay for you! I hope the doctors appts went well. Yeah the salad was good. I don't know if I could go back 5 days a week, either lol.

@gemwolf110 I'm glad everything is going well for you and your family. The salad was really good. Here's the recipe, if you are interested, it was pretty easy to make: https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/blueberry-chicken-chopped-salad-recipe/

Hi all. TGIF, am I right? And HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!! Woo hoo! Party over here: we are having Mexican street tacos and Micheladas (Mexican beer and lime cocktails) for dinner tonight. Probably a salad with the tacos. I was supposed to go up to LA tomorrow but that isn't happening now. Instead, I'll probably relax (which is better for me).

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I am here two days in a row..what a record. LOL. Not much changing here...well sort of. I am trying to get all my appts managed, clean out closets..( I am in the purge mode) Cook better, yesterday was a bust..Little Cesars Pizza and of course bread LOL We are going the the zoo tomorrow so lots of walking around. Other than that is quiet here. Oh I want to tell you we bought baby girl a wooden swing set with a "fort" and she calls it her "park". Oh to have the mind of a child.

@trooworld Sorry your plans fell through, but glad you will be getting some well deserved rest. You know I had never heard of Cinco De Mayo until we moved to AZ :)

@gemwolf110 So glad to hear the good reports!!

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Glad to hear the family is doing better.

@trooworld Just keep working on your tracking. Happy Cinco de Mayo! I was telling my friend today she needs to organize a party for next year.

@cbabie Did your treadmill arrive?

I went to bookclub last night. Ordered brussels sprouts and chicken samosas. No cheesecake though. We read Nutshell by Ian McEwan. It's a modern version Hamlet with the narrator being the unborn child of the main female character. It was good but different.

I exercised yesterday on the treadmill and did a sprint/hill program.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I need to purge, too. We had Little Caesars on Monday or Tuesday, I forget what day they all run together lol. The zoo should be fun and good exercise. Awww, that's so cute about the "fort" lol. Oh it's good they fell through, I didn't want to go to LA lol. We are just going to be picking up a car that my SIL is giving my husband, so it's going to be a chore. I don't think I had heard of Cinco de Mayo until I moved to CA! :D

@theslightedgeforever Will do. A Cinco de Mayo party would be a lot of fun. Brussels sprouts and samosas sound good, balanced. That book sounds interesting. Good job with the exercise!

Hi all. Our Cinco de Mayo dinner was really good. I ended up making a corn casserole with it, like you get at El Toritos or your favorite chain Mexican restaurant. We may go to dog beach this morning. I have to make ham and cheese scones for my breakfast for next week. I'll probably do that today at some point.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. Well, we did go to dog beach yesterday but after that, we went to breakfast and then decided to go to the zoo. We have annual passes so we can go when we want and stay as long or as little as we want. We stayed for 2 hours. I got a good amount of steps in, 12,794 which is way higher than my average (6,000). I didn't make my scones, hopefully I do it today. Pictures are from the zoo yesterday. Primates are my favorite.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

2yjb3tuwkfka.jpg
    b8es9fccvl1p.jpg
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    @cbabie that’s great that you bought a treadmill. Makes it so much easier to work out without going anywhere. And yeah, you could even do it while carrying your baby. And thanks about the half, I’m glad we finished.
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever when my hubs says stuff like that I’ll straight up tell him shut up, but laughingly. That’s great you found out a good way to exercise without aggravating your foot pain. And you’re doing great with the healthy eating. Regardless of your hubs comments, don’t let him stop you. Does he have some kind of insecurity about you losing weight? 🤔🤷‍♀️
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    @trooworld hope you enjoyed the blueberry chicken salad. It sounds like you’re doing a lot of cooking, which is definitely a healthy thing. We’ve been away for the past two weekends, and will be away next weekend too. Weekends are the time that I do cooking for the week. So I’m looking forward to two weeks from now when I can just relax at home on the weekend for a change.
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    @trooworld great pictures of the orangutans at the zoo! I love the one with the orangutan peeking out from under the covering.
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    arhlxwuj7znj.jpeg
    qo7oal0ty7cm.jpeg
    4saqkksjz369.jpeg
    eix4q0stybqg.jpeg
    hnkdyygoahpi.jpeg
    v8lg6fkcrbt0.jpeg