JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - ROUND 222

Options

Replies

• CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,052 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    05/10 -195.1- (Trend weight 193.6) My 63rd Birthday! Much planned over the next couple of days.

Happy birthday Donna! May today be delightful in every way <3
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady I missed seeing it was your birthday yesterday. I hope it was wonderful!!
  • tishawj
    tishawj Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    RenaPink11 wrote: »
    tishawj wrote: »
    I think I'd like to start incorporating some strength training back into my activity routine. 6plus years ago I was majorly into kettle bell workouts, started having some issues with my elbow and shoulder and just stopped. I've got a whole set of them that my boys now use. This week I'm planning on carving myself out a space down there to give them a go again...starting slowly to make sure I get my form back.

I love kettlebell workouts! One month my niece and I did a challenge of 100 swings a day for the entire month. It was a fun challenge.

I used to love them as well! Have to admit I didn't even look at a kettlebell in the last 10 days...nevermind swing one LOL. I'm not sure why I can't seem to work them back into my routine...need to get on that...
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    I was less excited. Lipid panel was less than stellar. This year, I have been losing weight with CICO, and no consideration for macros. In contrast, in 2021, I had a lot higher volume of fruits and vegetables in my diet. Bummer. I was hoping to see that body weight and exercise was my cholesterol control.

Cholesterol:
    have you heard of Forks Over Knives diet?

My cholesterol has always been high ~250-325,
    with high HDL and low triglycerides.
    I used to run a lot/eat low calories/tried a bunch of stuff to try to lower my cholesterol without drugs, without much success, only going down 5-15 points, while killing myself.

Then last year, I tried FoK for 5.5weeks DILIGENTLY, no cheating.
    And my cholesterol went down by ?90 points to 191. I've never been under 200 without the aid of drugs.

FoK is all about the vegetables and fruit.
    It's basically vegan (no meat/dairy) but the kicker is no oil/sugar/salt.

• huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    @huango -my cholesterol without Statins is about 351 (100 of that is Good Cholesterol)-I may try a plant-based diet (although that is pretty much what I already eat) and see if that helps.

My vegetarian farmer friends tried FoK and it's the no dairy/oil/sugar that helped her drop 80points.
    They were already vegetarians (mainly because of all the veggies that they grow), but it wasn't until doing FoK did her cholesterol numbers really move.

Because of their experiences is why I finally tried FoK.

• musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,318 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @deepwoodslady - hope you had a wonderful day to celebrate your birthday 🎉🎊🥳😘