• GaryM_25
    GaryM_25 Posts: 98 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @MissMay - Damn! :)
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 Hello! I love it when you pop in!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 16AF days in April.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Tuesday May 09 - AF - Planning to be AF until Friday. 6, 10, and 16 are the goals that I like to see reached. Hit 6 so far.
    Wednesday May 10 - AF - Felt like drinks, but I almost always do. 2nd split shift in a row Thursday night coming up, so I didn't have any drinks. Saturday I am going to the closing night of the season at a small theatre in town. There are usually snacks and champagne that night, but it precedes Mother's Day which will be a super busy day at the restaurant so I shouldn't imbibe. Working 2 Sundays in a row is a lot for me, no real complete days off to recharge, but at this point without a second job yet, I take it when I can get it. We had a very good rain on Monday, so seeds are popping up everywhere and the grass already needs to be cut again. I have my tomato plants sitting on my covered porch, but it is a couple of weeks early still. Getting very excited to get everything into the ground : - )

Rolling total - 7AF day out of 10 days.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Love reading all the positive ways each of you are adopting the LA lifestyle. Even when we struggle we can sit with that, then stand back up or make a new decision, and keep moving forward.

Celebrated at a birthday party last night and ate a surplus of calories (some sweets I usually avoid) but skipped the pizza and A. I will take that as a win and get back on track today. I resolve to stay within my goal range on MFP today and drink plenty of water. I’m getting close to the weight loss goal my doctor suggested for my age in November 2021.

May Accountability
    A - 3
    AF - 7
    May goal - 22-23 AF days
    Limit to 2 glasses
  • GaryM_25
    GaryM_25 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Love this. I’m 55 and finally gave up alcohol. I was able to quit on my own but the main reason is that’s counterintuitive to my health and fitness goals. It just doesn’t fit in the puzzle. I’ve been alcohol free for 16 months! Wish I did this a looong time ago!

Yay! Love it. I'm 55 too!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    @ahoy_m8

I am officially down the Thich Nhat Hanh rabbit hole.
    Thank you?? : - )