LESS Alcohol ~ MAY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Had a pre Mother’s Day girls dinner with my DD and DIL last night. DIL hosted while my son was out of town and she made delicious chicken Caesar salads for us. DD brought homemade sourdough with garlic and Italian herbs, and I brought a Brie en croute. Came very close to my calorie limit, slightly over with that extra dark chocolate to end the night. We are all doing LA so I brought a bottle of sparking water to share and she offered some yummy homemade iced teas. I got home late after lots of laughs and family updates only we can appreciate. In the past, we could have drank a bottle or two of wine easily. Thankful those days are over!

May Accountability
    A - 3
    AF - 8
    May goal - 22-23 AF days
    Limit to 2 glasses
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Fursian wrote: »
    @itladyee I hope all goes well for your OH! Please update? Also you're doing incredibly well, I love your resolve!

.....I didn't get back to this thread recently with weekly data, because I fudged up. I went way over the limit again and felt ashamed so didn't update, but I desperately want to remain accountable so I am making this post.

@Fursian ~ Thank you. I will update in my next post.
    And kudos to you for coming back to this thread!! We are here for you, regardless. No judgment, we all fall down, but we don't stay there!!!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    5/1-5/2-5/3 - AF
    5/4-5/5-5/6- A
    5/7- 5/8 - 5/9 -5/10- AF
    5/11 - 5/12 - 5/13 - A
    7 AF and 6 A so far for May
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    @Womona

I am excited about your boat going into the water too!
    Please post pics : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 16AF days in April.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Thursday May 11 - 2 drinks. Going to try to be AF both Friday and Saturday - this will be a real departure for me, but I have reasons to want to be fresh for Saturday and Sunday.
    Friday May 12 - AF - Reluctantly, but I am very busy now until Tuesday night, so I have to keep my AF resolve. Tonight, Saturday, will be a challenge, closing night for a play (and the season) at a small theatre here, it will involve "champagne" and snacks. However, Sunday at the restaurant will be extremely busy for Mother's Day and I will need to be very fast so I must try to stay off of the booze tonight.

Rolling total - 8AF day out of 12 days.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    @MissMay I love that you have been here so long and hope I will also be able to ‘look back’ through the years. You are inspiring!

@Womona have fun prepping your boat to get out on the water! You have a great plan for exercise.

@dawnbgethealthy I know what you mean about shifting your mindset from the usual Fri/Sat drinks to abstaining for a good reason. Not aways easy.

Planning on getting outside to take a drive and go to breakfast with DH soon. AF until tomorrow and will enjoy a bit of champagne with my homemade brunch.

Wishing you continued resolve and a Happy Mother’s Day!

May Accountability
    A - 4
    AF - 8
    May goal - 22-23 AF days
    Limit to 2 glasses
  • Hopeful0087
    Hopeful0087 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    @Hopeful0087 100% not overstepping. I put my worries on an online public forum, so people will comment. And it’s okay. There are times I need support from internet strangers. Although this group doesn’t seem like strangers.
    I quit Facebook in 2013. I was in a pretty toxic job and I was looking at it at home and seeing people from that toxic job on there and it all was just overlapping and bad. I noped out. One of the best things I ever did for my mental health!

Yeah, I totally agree. But it's especially difficult when you DO leave a toxic situation, online or otherwise, only to be drawn back into it again. With the Facebook situation I basically feel like I'm being used as some kind of bobo doll toy for other people to take thier aggression out on. It is extremely stressful, especially when online begins to affect your real life.

But I agree with you that leaving is the best option. I need to walk away though with the knowledge that damage has probably already been done and there is nothing I can do about it. All I can do is be left imagining the worst. Not a good place to be. But I have to suck it up and take it on the chin (again) and just try to move on.

I don't know what will happen with my alcohol intake, probably go through the roof. Such is life.

I will just come off everything online I think, including this. I will wish you all well and say goodbye.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    5/1-5/2-5/3 - AF
    5/4-5/5-5/6- A
    5/7- 5/8 - 5/9 -5/10- AF
    5/11 - 5/12 - 5/13 - A
    7 AF and 6 A so far for May

That’s awesome!!!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Had wine with lunch which made me yawn like crazy ,and sleepy all day, but I got my errands done. Nice little nap and no wine with dinner, so I’ll take the win of only one glass! Usually I have two on a weekend night. Looking forward to a good night’s sleep tonight. Fingers crossed for the boat launch tomorrow!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    5/1-5/2-5/3 - AF
    5/4-5/5-5/6- A
    5/7- 5/8 - 5/9 -5/10- AF
    5/11 - 5/12 - 5/13 - A
    5/14 - AF