What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,334 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Excursions to book for our Italian cruise in June. I want a relaxing trip but want to see stuff
    Sounds like fun!

So far I've booked to see David and Herculaneum. I need to plan our day in Venice too
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    litha_ wrote: »
    Excursions to book for our Italian cruise in June. I want a relaxing trip but want to see stuff

If you make it to Rome, there is an awesome Spaghetteria near the Fontana di Trevi if interested. It’s called, Spaghetteria L’Archetto

It used to be fantastic. We went there frequently. A year ago they changed their menu and we no longer go there.
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options

If you make it to Rome, there is an awesome Spaghetteria near the Fontana di Trevi if interested. It’s called, Spaghetteria L’Archetto

It used to be fantastic. We went there frequently. A year ago they changed their menu and we no longer go there.

Did they only change the menu or they changed owners as well? That’s such a bummer to hear. One of my friend’s who works close by took me there and it was excellent. We had a table downstairs. :( Ristorante Puntarella was excellent as well.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Did they only change the menu or they changed owners as well? That’s such a bummer to hear. One of my friend’s who works close by took me there and it was excellent. We had a table downstairs. :( Ristorante Puntarella was excellent as well.

They used to have over a hundred different types of spaghetti. Always al dente. Now the menu has a few pastas (not great) and the usual other things. We were disappointed and haven't been back since. I don't know if the owners have changed.

We like "Da Nino" near the Spanish Steps--they have traditional food and it's medium high quality--they have everything, you can't go wrong.
    "Sorbillo" for quality (the ingredients are all IGP) pizza near Piazza Augusto Emperatore
    "Pizza Re' " for Naples style pizza
    "I Rioni" for a cute place with thin crust Roman style pizza. It's near the Coloseum and we go there almost every Friday evening.
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options

They used to have over a hundred different types of spaghetti. Always al dente. Now the menu has a few pastas (not great) and the usual other things. We were disappointed and haven't been back since. I don't know if the owners have changed.

We like "Da Nino" near the Spanish Steps--they have traditional food and it's medium high quality--they have everything, you can't go wrong.
    "Sorbillo" for quality (the ingredients are all IGP) pizza near Piazza Augusto Emperatore
    "Pizza Re' " for Naples style pizza
    "I Rioni" for a cute place with thin crust Roman style pizza. It's near the Coloseum and we go there almost every Friday evening.

Thank you for sharing. I’m definitely making a note of these.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,099 Member
    Options
    aj6932eln6on.jpeg
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    So this reception I was centering all the dignitaries coming bailed. So the orchestra gets treats I guess

I was supposed to go to a birthday party after but my cousin and his wife are here and another friend so we're kinda stuck staying
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,336 Member
    Options
    Vacations are on my mind. Haven't been on one in years. Going on a short one in six weeks, sand and waves on my mind.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    The rootbeer I spilled down my front and how everything is sticky now I cousin's my necklace
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    They say bad news/things come in 3s.
    I am waiting for the last shoe to drop. 🥺
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Ah mother's day....spent doing laundry, driving to visit my mom, driving to visit mother in law and now I'm home for Netflix and booze.
  • _Redux
    _Redux Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    @TwitchyMagee
    @CoffeeAndStilettos
    @FeastRepeat

The place is dying without you.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    eba2cm62d8aa.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    63xkn3r198mp.gif
  • FaithFamilyFitness2023
    Options
    Currently doing a Cabbage Soup diet for the next three days... and I HATE tomatoes... UGHHH
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I just registered for a skating competition in July. First time I'll be skating solo in about 40 years. Yikes
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I keep seeing tv ads for a certain sandwich chain bragging about giving away day old bread.
    Seems like it would be more impressive if they just did it instead of using it to try to sell more sandwiches.
    That bugs me.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    My dear friend 😔
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I had lots planned to do today but it was one of those days the busy week and potentially busy weekend caught up with me so I just cleaned my house so now I'm less stressed for the weekend
  • Diddly_Squats
    Diddly_Squats Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    _Redux wrote: »
    @TwitchyMagee
    @CoffeeAndStilettos
    @FeastRepeat

The place is dying without you.

I’m afraid it’s too late! 😔💐🪦 But we could have a potluck? You bring the cookies or biscuits, whatever you want to call them and I’ll bring the funeral potatoes? Mmmm 😋