WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Ack, Rebecca! I couldn't remember whether he was in Guam or elsewhere! The military will have shelters ready, I'm sure... Keep us posted.

It looks like it passed just hitting the top, but they're not out of the woods yet. Its only 4 am there so I will wait until its about 6 am and ask him how he's fairing.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Ack, Rebecca! I couldn't remember whether he was in Guam or elsewhere! The military will have shelters ready, I'm sure... Keep us posted.

It looks like it passed just hitting the top, but they're not out of the woods yet. Its only 4 am there so I will wait until its about 6 am and ask him how he's fairing.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Thank you, darlin', I knew you'd be keeping track. The daughter and family are in Hawaii, but on O'ahu, so no active volcanoes, thank goodness. And yeah, I did look it up!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    Mary- Maybe I should offer the room mate $500 to get her to move out. It would be worth it to get her out.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

WOOHOO MARY!!! That's just about the best news I've read all day. I'm so thrilled for you. Too bad it couldn't be May 31st. Hopefully that $500 is enough to keep her from doing any damage, but since it's payment AFTER the walkthrough, you should be safe.

Heather and Rori, you both look MAHVelous! So beautiful and so happy. Have a great time and hug each other for all of us.

But if you just have the papers ready, Debbie, you're not really talking to your mom about it. You're just presenting the solution and letting her do the rest. "Here are the papers, Mom. All you need to do is sign them, hand them to her and tell her that it's not working anymore." Done. And if you're sister agrees with you, you get the papers ready and give them to your sister to give to your mom.

I'm no good with names, Pip but it sounds DELISH!

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Mary ~ I just hope the lady who is moving will not ruin the property further than has already been done. We have rented our starter home for the last 20 yrs and have had to evict two renters. The last did a lot of damage and left the house filled with cigarette smoke that we had to use special equipment to remove. It took us 3 months to get the house ready for new renters. The good thing is that we hired a professional agent to interview our present renter who has been great for the last 5 or 6 yrs. They report anything that needs repairing and we get it done.

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Debbie - I had a wild thought. Is there any chance your mom's roommate has been stealing from her? Has your mom mentioned anything missing - cash, jewelry, anything that might be of value? A little here, a little there.

It might be a good idea to make sure any valuables are well hidden or better yet, off the premises before she gets the boot. She might feel she's entitled to whatever she can put in her pockets.

Her strange behavior reeks of guilt. Maybe I've been reading too many detective books.

Lanette B)
    Sunny and breeze SW WA State
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    Heather: Looks like you and Rori are having a rare old time.

☘️ Terri
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Great photos Heather and Rori!
    Beautiful wall Pip!
    Still no reply from Guam son.😥💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 1 min 13sec, 42elev, 3.01ap, 79ahr, 91mhr, 6.08mi= 564c
    Strava app= 745c
    Other- stained back patio wall, 5 hrs est, 77ahr, 92mhr, = 607c
    *I stopped calorie counting after over 2 hrs *

Total cal 1171

Skipped working out after we walked the kids. The wall was an all day thing, glad it’s done
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Very busy at work today. Discovered I will have to make some decisions that will tick some people off, but some times there is no alternative based on what they have done. Yeah, I'm losing my fight for the game. We are starting to talk transition plan! I did not sleep well last night from stupid cough. I skipped evening does of muscinex-will see if that helps. Another day and a half of antibiotics.

Lisa-hope you won the weed battle.

Ginny in Ohio

Ginny - hope it's a better night's sleep tonight, and that the transition is as painfree as possible. To your question, no, the weeds won. Again. I'm going to sharpen the hoe tomorrow - this crab grass, or whatever it is, puts runners out measured in feet, not inches, and it is tenacious, with every few inches another deep root. I got one rose deadheaded (don't tell Corey!) and weeded, and lost my energy halfway through the next one. Tomorrow will be better, one hopes.

Rori and Heather- great pictures, such fun to see you all together. Heather, I'm really curious if Rori's visit makes Johnnie more likely to believe your online friends are a good thing. I know there was a point years ago where he worried about scams, etc. with your online friends. Enjoy your trip to the Devils Dy ke. Hope the weather holds for you!

Allie - Miles looks like such a little angel in the pics. Hope Tracy and Kyle are able to pin down a childcare provider soon... When is your cruise coming up?

Rebecca - thank you for the update - hope you get good news soon.

Kinda busy morning for me tomorrow - a Walmart delivery at 8 a.m., and then driving to the eye doctor at 11 a.m. Only a ten minute drive. I need to get new glasses, but they probably won't be near as pretty as Allie's! Two things in one day is a busy day for me.

Hope it's a good night for all,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Debbie I think that the lady might take the money but after she spends it she’ll be at your mom’s door. I think the only way is a court action. Actually do you think that in reality your mom likes having her there and she likes the attention she gets from you and your sister. Like a codependent to an alcoholic. Just no alcohol involved.

Carla I’m ready to throw a party! It’s worth the payout. Even the harassment just makes me realize how lucky we are to have her leave.

Carol you definitely have had a horrible renter. I can see why screening the potential tenants is very important. Was your professional agent hired just to find the perfect tenant and an one time fee? I still think we make good money even with damage issues. We require first and last months rent and equal damage deposit.

Pip I really love your walk! I had to show it to my husband and he agreed it’s very artistic!

💕Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Debbie I think that the lady might take the money but after she spends it she’ll be at your mom’s door. I think the only way is a court action. Actually do you think that in reality your mom likes having her there and she likes the attention she gets from you and your sister. Like a codependent to an alcoholic. Just no alcohol involved.

Carla I’m ready to throw a party! It’s worth the payout. Even the harassment just makes me realize how lucky we are to have her leave.

Carol you definitely have had a horrible renter. I can see why screening the potential tenants is very important. Was your professional agent hired just to find the perfect tenant and an one time fee? I still think we make good money even with damage issues. We require first and last months rent and equal damage deposit.

Pip I really love your walk! I had to show it to my husband and he agreed it’s very artistic!

💕Mary from Minnesota/Arizona

Thanks! We love the way it looks
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    Options
    RIP Tina Turner.
    :cry:
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif