WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Pip - love the barrel fountain.

I do believe I have frozen shoulder. The Harvard website had exercises to do for it and I started doing them last evening. It doesn’t feel as bad today. I am going to go buy another ice pack today because it says to ice it 10-12 times per day.

Tracey in Edmonton

When mine was frozen, the best thing for me was, in a hot shower, to move it. I did my PT in the shower which really helped.
    The worst thing I did was to not move it at all when I was waiting to find out what was wrong with it- it froze up completely. Thankfully after months of PT it is back to normal and no surgery was needed.Now, if it starts to get achy,krackly, I go right to the hot shower and move that thing.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,812 Member
    Options
    Margaret- I forgot to mention your lilacs. They are my absolute favourite flowers. DH is deathly allergic to them though so I can’t bring them in the house.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was ok, just like any other Sunday.
    Went to church by myself. Son would have gone with me I think but had to work to cover someone's shift.
    Went grocery shopping with dh and picked up what I needed for dinner.
    Came home and did the prep for dinner- cooked the shrimp, made pico de gallo- for shrimp tacos. Son wanted fish tacos so cooked some fish sticks for him and his girlfriend.
    Dh was at his mom's when everything was ready and then messaged me asking me if I would go to Walmart with him before we ate. I was hungry and wanted to try the pico so ate a little tostada before he came home.
    Kids were going to a movie so they ate some before they left and then ate again when they got home.
    Son did give me a ceramic turtle for outside and a bird house and wished me a Happy Mother's Day, so did his girlfriend. Dh never said a thing-just a normal day-just complained about his mother. I just wish he would man up and just tell her no once in a while. She is mad that he only comes twice a day to feed her, she wants more, even though she doesn't even need the twice a day anymore and is back being mean again to him

Called mom and talked a few minutes. My sister was there all weekend and still there so she said she will call and talk to me today.

Weather is not as hot today so should be good walking weather- Zumba tonight. Two full hours of time for me today. Looking forward to it.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Tina thanks for the tofu taco link. Can I leave half (or more of) the tofu in the freezer for another time? 8 tacos is too many for me! :laugh:

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

I suppose you can cut the tofu in half (or smaller) before freezing it and then wrap it up for later. I haven't tried, but it should work, in theory. I just use it for leftovers for the next couple of meals, though I have a mister to help me eat it. The marinade is nice on chicken too, but that defeats my desire to eat less meat. :smiley:

Heather-Nice purple cast! It's great that it'll come off before your cruise!

Pip-Your hair looks great!

I went to do half hour in the yard and 2 hours later, I came inside. Sadly, the yard could use another 8 hours of work. I don't like doing it, but the mister refuses and I cannot find someone else to do it that doesn't require supervision...so may as well do it myself.

Tina in CA

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Allie--Great pictures of Carmine and the prom. Hope they had a fun time.
    Annie--I completely understand how you feel as I have been there a lot and it is a stuggle to get back on track. We can do this, just don't give up.
    Rebecca--Glad you are having such fun. What great memories.
    Katla--Happy Birthday to your DH. Sorry about the house sale, but something better will come up.
    Heather--Love the purple. Your painting is so good and easy to see what it is and who.
    Rosemarie--Glad your son spent the day with you.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :)Barbara, my mother was a creative cook who liked exotic ingredients. She would have liked to cook the meals that Heather cooked, but sadly for her she had a husband whose favorite meals were simple like a grilled hamburger patty with canned green beans and a wedge of iceberg lettuce with mayonnaise and a daughter who once ate a tuna fish sandwich three meals a day during the family's entire summer vacation trip. Her turkey burger recipe was simple---ground turkey, egg, matzo meal, and a bit of spice. Her jokes were old and corny and frequently filled with puns. They probably came from her father. Here is one of my favorites:

A man was taken on a tour of a maximum security prison. When the warden took him to the dining hall, he noticed that the men were calling out numbers and everyone was laughing. The man asked what was going on and the warden told him that after so many years together, they didn't have to tell their jokes any more, that they could just call out the joke's number and people would laugh. At that point, someone called a number and there was dead silence. The visitor asked the warden what had just happened. The warden said, "Well, some people can tell a joke, and some can't.:

:)Heather, I love your purple cast. What fun for you.

:'(Katla, sorry to hear that the house sale fell through. Do not be discouraged.

:) Too hot again today to be out for long, but I got some bark spread and some weeds pulled and Jake cut the grass in back and pulled a few. weeds. Now we are back in the house for the rest of the day. I'm glad I got my two hour walk while it was still cool before 8 AM.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 1min, 54elev, 3.02ap, 76ahr, 93mhr, 6.16mi= 551c
    Strava app= 754c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats - 28.58min, 187elev, 142aw, 21amph, 110ahr, 136mhr, 10.11mi= 238c
    Strava app= 235c
    Zwift stats- 28.59min, 190elev, 141aw, 65arpm, 20.91amph, 10.1mi= 236c

Total cal 789

Left for the walk at 6:30. By the time we were almost home it was 70 degrees. We r going to leave at 6am tomorrow, it will b 64. By 8 it’s supposed to be 67.
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Barbie—I am irritated with the former neighbor, but not upset. An adult daughter & grand child have moved in with them.

Our son will be managing the sale of our house. It is a shame that the former neighbor didn’t let us know sooner that they would not buy. A family issue kept them in their original place. It was too bad that they didn’t follow up with letting us know sooner that they wouldn’t be able to buy. It certainly slowed down things for us.

Katla
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    A little preview of winter today with cool temperatures, wind and rain.

Proms weren't a thing in Canada. I've never been to one.

Vegetarian meals - I get vegetarian mince for dishes like spaghetti and vegetarian burgers.

In tacos, haloumi is a nice alternative to tofu.

I make curries with either chicken mince (not vegetarian) or vegetarian mince or chickpeas. In the case of saag or palak paneer, the paneer is the protein.

Speaking of paneer, are you having trouble getting it where you are?

M in Oz
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies and returnees! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

So sorry Annie.

Katla, that is so sad. We went through the same thing with my mom's house, but ya know, the buyers worked it out on their own and ended up buying it in the end anyway. There's always hope and, as Carol said, houses are selling like hot cakes everywhere. If not them, there will be another buyer.

I wish they did too, Tracey! I remember everything you said about that. smh. Check into "frozen shoulder". I had that a couple years ago and it was horrible! Came on out of nowhere and they really don't know what causes it. PT is about the only things that works.

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,390 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    A little preview of winter today with cool temperatures, wind and rain.

Proms weren't a thing in Canada. I've never been to one.

Vegetarian meals - I get vegetarian mince for dishes like spaghetti and vegetarian burgers.

In tacos, haloumi is a nice alternative to tofu.

I make curries with either chicken mince (not vegetarian) or vegetarian mince or chickpeas. In the case of saag or palak paneer, the paneer is the protein.

Speaking of paneer, are you having trouble getting it where you are?

M in Oz

I have not tried buying paneer. There are a lot of markets nearby that I can check and likely will find it. There is a large Asian market within walking distance that has all kinds of mock meat, but I would prefer avoiding that as an alternative.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Tina in CA
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    11 pm here.. i slept from 2:30 pm until about 10:15 ,either allergies or a nasty cold and feel awful..
    Very hard wearing the Cpap.
    Tracy told me that Seth had the DJ play the song that Seth had written for Carmine near the end of prom for them to dance to ,I thought that was soooo sweet.
    Im going to the hairdresser alone as she has to stay after for extra help. Or end up going to summer school.been flunking out of everything.
    Tracy trying to find childcare for Miles but running into road blocks..o9gbs2o4h8tm.jpg