NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Why I stopped carb cycling: Covid basically. I got sick in February for 3 weeks before we knew what it was and then shutdowns started. I started having groceries delivered. Sometimes they didn't have what I wanted. I remember eggs being a problem. Well you know how that time was. I started baking to pass the time. Dh and ds started working from home. Fun times! lol I've tried a couple of times to get back into it but couldn't seem to last for more than a week or two. I started a hybrid carb cycling program a couple of days ago. We'll see how that goes. I loved that book by Judy Blume too. I didn't realize they made a movie. The chicken kebab and hummus sounds really good. Have you thought about taking a pic of your snacks as you eat them when you are out then later you can go back in and track them when you have more time? My dd went to Omaha Zoo a couple of weeks ago I think it was and loved it. I told her she could have waited on me to get there so we could have went together. She's on a quest to visit all 50 states. She has checked off 44 with the zoo in Nebraska. This next week she will hit #45-48. All that's left is Alaska and Hawaii after that and we're going to Alaska in July. I told her she has to help me stay on my program while I'm there and not sabotage me. We are co-dependent food buddies.

Food has been good. Exercise has not. I have been physically tired and not done it first thing waking up. Then the day gets away from me. I'll figure it out. I lost a lb this week so that's some progress.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Yeah I remember how hard it was to get meat, eggs, toilet paper, cleaning wipes...someday, it will sound insane to the youngins but we lived through it. I hope the hybrid program works out for you. Yeah the movie is good, go see it lol. It will bring back memories from your youth and the book. That's a good idea to take a pic of the snacks. I will try it today. I hope I remember to do that. I love going to the zoo and when we went on Sunday, it was special early hours for members only (they open the zoo one hour early for members once a month). So at least for that hour, it was less crowded. Wow, that's great your DD has almost hit 48 states, that's amazing! Alaska will be fun to visit. Good job with the food and the pound down. Is there a reason you've been so tired?

Hi all. Speaking of being tired, I was so very tired yesterday. I slept horribly the night before and just couldn't stay awake at work, I even fell asleep at one point sitting at my desk doing something repetitive. I made sure and went to sleep earlier last night and I can tell I feel a little better than yesterday. Had this recipe for dinner, it was good: https://www.skinnytaste.com/salmon-rice-bowls/

Water yesterday: 70 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Being tired: It could be a byproduct of my new eating plan. Less calories and carbs could be less energy for the body. Today I did my hill program and I actually had to lower the speed than what I normally do. Then sometimes I would grab the handles. It was too much for me but I finished it. Thanks for the rice bowl recipe.

I did make it to the gym first thing this morning. I said just do the cardio portion and that's it. But better than I did yesterday so.....
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Ah that makes sense. That's good you made your hill program work for you by slowing down. Great job! And great job making it to the gym!

Hi all. Last night was the worst sleep I've had in a long time, I slept 4 1/2 hours. I don't know how I will function at work. I have too much to do to go home. I tracked breakfast, lunch and snacks yesterday. I had pretracked dinner but we ate something else so now, I have to go back and track what I ate instead.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. Yesterday was rough but I survived. I was in such a bad mood all day. I hope today is better. I slept better, that's for sure. I tracked my food yesterday.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I have had a rough week trying to work out a routine..LOL. I haven't tracked, I have gained 2 lbs and my body aches. I haven't exercised this week either. So much for my accountability.

@trooworld I am sorry you haven't slept well. I used to live off of 4 hours, now I take what I can get with the baby..I still feel tired if I get a straight 5 hours of sleep...I thought when you got older you slept less, I am beginning to think you need more. LOL

@theslightedgeforever You know I am proud that you are continuing to progress. You had to scale down some, but you didn't quit. That is a great mindset.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld No one wants to be around me if I don't get enough sleep. I just remembered I forgot to my maca root. I'm trying it for the energy it is supposed to give me. I need something for the memory, I swear.

@cbabie Back to the drawing board as they say. I'm not making as much progress as I would like though. But trying to be content with what I am doing. Food quality wise, I'm eating waaaay better. I can't seem to get my eating and exercise working at the same time. lol Imagine if I did those two plus the water thing......

But on the positive side today...I took an insulated water bottle with me and filled it with ice and water and drank that on my errands today. I am sitting here with my other water bottle and just stopped to take a big drink. So far today in the f&v department, I have had a banana, orange, cherry tomatoes, and butternut squash. I lifted weights for 15 min this morning when I got up. Usually I do my cardio in the morning but decided I really need to keep my bones strong and raise my metabolism by adding extra muscle to my body.

I made a really good side dish today. I halved some cherry tomatoes and then added some paneer (Indian cheese) squares and sauteed them in olive oil. Spiced them with garlic, onion powder, and italian season and a bit of salt and pepper. So good. I got in some good lycopene with that for my heart and cancer risk reduction. So easy too. Tomorrow one of my friends is having a 50th bday party. Mexican food is the theme.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie You are accountable, you just posted what happened. Thanks, I can't function properly without at least 6 1/2 hours of sleep. I don't know how you function on so little sleep! You might be right about needing more.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah I'm not too pleasant without enough sleep, either. Do you drink coffee? That's my energy source lol. That's good you brought the water bottle with you. That's always my intention and sometimes I do it and sometimes I do not. Sounds like you had a good day yesterday. Your side dish sounds delicious! I hope you enjoy your friend's party.

Hi all. I am in a better mood and got 6 hrs 4 mins of sleep which isn't ideal but it's better than Tuesday night. I'm off early today, at 1:15, to run an errand. It's good to get off early on a holiday weekend but unfortunately, I have to work on a project tomorrow, Saturday. We are planning on going to the zoo tonight (it's open at night during the summer) but my husband has a test in his class he's taking so we may not.

• cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all, I didn't track and haven't yet today. I am eating better, but really need to eat more veggies and fruit. I saw the Dr assistant yesterday and didn't feel like I have been about myself, she made me feel better and I wasn't as unhealthy as I feel I am. I just don't like taking meds. However, I took a fall in my kitchen this afternoon and the whole house came running. I am fine, slipped on water on a hardwood floor landed on my face and my chest. I think I will have a bruise but otherwise good. It was one of those in slow motion. LOL

@trooworld So glad you got some sleep and feel better.. It's amazing the little things that count like sleep. LOL

@theslightedgeforever You are doing great, maybe not where you want to be, but not where you were.

Cbabie
  • senoritafloridita
    senoritafloridita Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever well that is good that your food part, the most important part, is going well. I’m doing well with food too and seeing losses but I’m impatient. I want to add in regular workouts, been sidetracked with new job. That’s a good idea about taking pics of food to track later.
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    @cbabie sorry to hear about your depression. I have it too and have for most of my life. I’ve been down to the bottom and up again over and over. Just do not give up, keep striving towards your goals.
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    @trooworld glad you recovered that you can go back to work but that’s too bad about the bad night of sleep. sleep deprivation is the worst. When that happens to me, sometimes it feels like a nightmare to go through the day.
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    Hope everybody is having a great start to Memorial Day weekend. It was a long hard week so glad to have made it to Miller time, lol. I’ve been doing well with tracking, I just need to work more exercise back in, take back some time that the new job took.

I’m disappointed that the MIL turned out to be the way she is. I wanted to like her. But I guess narcissism is an epidemic…maybe even another kind of pandemic. 😔
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I do, too. And I need to track CONSISTENTLY. That's good that the doctor's assistant made you feel better. Oh dear, I'm glad you are okay! Yes, sleep really makes a difference.

@senoritafloridita Thanks, yes it is the worst! That's how I feel, too. And it messes with my mental health. I'm glad you get some time off for Memorial Day weekend. I didn't catch on that you got a new job, I don't think. Do you like it? That's good you are tracking consistently. Oh no, that's too bad about your MIL. I would be disappointed, too.

Hi all. We went to the zoo last night from about 6:30-8. It was fun and we did a lot of walking. I had over 10,000 steps for the day which is really good because I worked from home. Today, I'm driving up to work for about 5 hours. I didn't get good sleep, we stayed up until about 10 or so last night and I got up at 3:45. I can already feel this is going to be a long day. I may take a quick nap before I get groceries.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld No I don't drink coffee. I drink hot tea though. I'm glad you are feeling better. I saw you lost some weight. Good for you. Your program is working. Yaaay on the 10000 steps at the zoo.

@cbabie At least your household didn't just step over your body. :D I'm glad you had some good test results from your doc. What kind of f&v did you have today?

@senoritafloridita Miller time made me smile. Maybe start off with little exercise goals and then add more so you can fit it into your day. That's what I keep telling myself. :D I'm truly sorry about your mil.

Party was a blast last night. I think I danced probably 3 hours and I'm not exaggerating either. On the dance floor more than off. All different kinds of music. I did the macarena (which I had forgotten and finally did it correctly towards the end of the song. I was like I'm glad I'm in the back and then switch now I'm in the front. lol I limboed. I know that's not spelled right. Then there was a song called Low by Flo Rida and I got low, low, low, low. Now my back hurts this morning and all the muscles I probably don't use alot. It was fun though. I passed up some chocolates and had one little appetizer. Then took really small portions on the food. 1/4 piece of the bday cake. All in all a successful party. Even took a bit of salad which I never do at a party. lol It's the little things......

• trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, I did thanks. I'm glad you had fun at the party. 3 hours of dancing, wow! Sounds like you really got down lol. It IS the little things!

Hi all. I had such a long day yesterday (it wasn't that long but it felt like it lol). I never got that nap, well, not until 7:30 at night lol. I went to work and was on my feet for 4 1/2 hours. Let me tell you, after going to the zoo the night before, my feet ached so badly. I have a get-together today. Nothing healthy on the menu that I know of. I hope you all have a great Sunday!

Water yesterday: 30 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I hope you find some time to exercise since your food will be on the unhealthy side at the gathering. That can at least help off set it a bit. Feet hurting: I bought a new pair of shoes just for this party and my toe box area was on fire by the end of the night. I couldn't wait to take off my shoes.

This has been a do nothing weekend so far. I'm supposed to be priming my wood furniture so I can paint it. It's almost done. Just one part left. I think I stayed up too late on Friday and now I'm paying for it.

Hope you all are having a good healthy weekend.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I haven't intentionally exercised in many months. I've walked the dogs, went to the zoo but that's about it. I just don't like to do it and I can't get myself to do it. Do you have a bunion? I do and that's how my feet feel by the end of the day. I stayed up too late on Friday(?) and I'm still trying to catch up. I hope you get your painting project done.

Hi all. As expected, nothing healthy at the get-together. I didn't eat much but my weight is still up. I know I need to track. I know I need to drink water. I know I need to exercise. I've tried setting small goals. All that does is make me feel guilty when I don't achieve my goals. Nothing is working. I just have to hit my rock bottom, I think, which will probably be getting a diabetes diagnosis, unfortunately.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Yes, I finished the priming part and dh will paint the rest. I do hear you on the exercise. Think of other things you don't like to do but still do them anyway. Why?
    Besides losing weight. List for me all the things that doing some sort of exercise would benefit you. I have stopped for about the last 4 days(5?) I can tell you that my joints and body aches more. Go back and reread your posts when you were doing your machine thingy. I forgot what it was called. Remember posting the pics to us about how much weight you were lifting. Go back and read how you felt.

I know exactly how you feel. For the past 4-5 days I've been doing those things you mentioned. Oh it's been 3. See? seems longer. But I checked. Are your goals still too big? No really. You can actually Track one food. Exercise for 30 seconds. 15 seconds? Drink one ounce of water. I will do these myself today. Sometimes black and white thinking pops in to where no I didn't reach my goals but I did notice progress. For instance, I've been trying to get the habit of everytime I go out I take my water bottle with me. I didn't like to in the past because then I would have to stop somewhere to pee probably and don't like public bathrooms. Or feel the need to buy something if I'm at a fast food place using the restaurant. I don't need that extra food. So I found a water bottle that keeps the liquid really cold in heat and doesn't get hot to the touch. Perfect. I did it once and then the next time I went out totally forgot. Yesterday I went out and I knew it was only going to be about a 15 min errand. Why bother. But then a voice told me do it because I'm trying to form the habit. If I go out, I take the bottle. So I filled it up and took it with me. Two days done. Now this doesn't really look like any kind of success. Two days. Big whoopdee doo. But I did finish the bottle both times and that was 40 oz that I may not have put in my body. So I'm trying to count the little things that I'm doing right. Focusing on them. Because just focusing on what I'm not doing is so depressing. Oh another thing I have almost made into a habit. Is eating an orange at night while watching TV. Usually I don't eat anything else. Just that. Unfortunately last night might have also involved a bag of cheese popcorn with some chocolate. :( So I'm celebrating the fact that I did get in my fruit like normal after 8:30.

We don't want to wait until the doctor says we have diabetes. I can tell you that even getting that diagnosis doesn't make a person start exercising and eating mostly healthy foods. I had two diabetic parents. That's just a quick trip to heart attack, stroke, paralysis, toes cut off.

so hang in there and let's both do what is good for us today.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I am here. I had a rough weekend...the fall hurt my knee. Couldn't get up with the baby...had to get him to sleep and hand him off to another person..LOL. But I am much better, iced it. True story..I had laid down with an ice pack on my knee and fell asleep, when I awoke I couldn't find it, so I got another one. I searched and searched...couldn't figure it out. I was telling my daughter that I looked and don't know where it went...SUDDENLY my 4 year old says...you mean my ice pack? I said what? She had found it and put it in her little "box".. Oh it's always fun around here. I got on the treadmill for almost 20 min today..that is good for me. I am going to work my way back up to my normal time. It's a must for me.

@theslightedgeforever LOL I can see you go down low..I would be in agony..LOL. Glad you had a good time

@trooworld You will get this, you have the determination...I think I want to give you some encouragement...don't wait until Diabetes...don't have to be dependent on a shot (if you don't have to). I watched my parents suffer so much with their health. Take a baby step, and track breakfast and try again the next day....

@senoritafloridita Thanks for the encouragement. Glad you made it to Miller time.. (Funny how we all remember some of the commercials). Mine we use around here (speaking my my DH). Give it to Mikey, he will like it. LOL

Cbabie