LESS Alcohol ~ MAY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,872 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I will hit 40 days AF tomorrow! Almost half way on my 90 day project...though at this point I could see this going much longer and into perpetuity, who knows. But right now, I'm crushing my nutrition, crushing it in the weight room, really enjoying all of my other outdoor recreation just being clear headed and present in the moment...and probably right now the biggest thing is just crushing it at the office. This time of year is a pressure cooker for me and I usually come out the other end of this pretty haggard and exhausted...looking for retirement options or another job, etc, but I'm slaying the deadlines and rocking the *kitten* out of this busy season. We're so far ahead of schedule right now that next month might just be a cake walk.

Nice!! Congrats on your successes!!!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    May accountability: 13 days AF
    Alcohol: 13 days (22 drinks)
    Days over 2 glasses: 0
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days this month.

5/26 - 2 orange cosmos. Electricity went out at our house so dropped in on my sister and I cooked dinner.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker

Oh no! Sorry to hear about your work stress.
    Your coping mechanisms seem to be sound, hot tub time and all.

I didn't think that your hair could get any shinier! Geez, it must be blinding : - )

Take care of you. Big hugs.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy thanks for your uplifting comments....if I did have shiny hair it was likely a slather of pure coconut oil.

Today I ran 40 minutes straight, swam, and had one main meal (house BBQ event). Ribs and home-made macaroni salad and veggies. I consumed a half-wine bottle of Italian rose and it felt like too much. Hitting a wall and going to nap!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I will hit 40 days AF tomorrow! Almost half way on my 90 day project...though at this point I could see this going much longer and into perpetuity, who knows. But right now, I'm crushing my nutrition, crushing it in the weight room, really enjoying all of my other outdoor recreation just being clear headed and present in the moment...and probably right now the biggest thing is just crushing it at the office. This time of year is a pressure cooker for me and I usually come out the other end of this pretty haggard and exhausted...looking for retirement options or another job, etc, but I'm slaying the deadlines and rocking the *kitten* out of this busy season. We're so far ahead of schedule right now that next month might just be a cake walk.

WOW! Sounds like being AF really gave you that boost and momentum. Feel free to share anything else that can get us jump-started!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 16AF days in April.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Sunday May 28 - AF - Hit my 16 with days to spare. Glad to not be playing catch up as the end of the month nears. I plan to get more AF days before the month ends.

Rolling total - 16AF day out of 28 days.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    @Sinisterbarbie1 My deepest condolences. I wish you peace.