Ultimate Accountability Challenge June 2023

Options
jamcnewman
jamcnewman Posts: 4,071 Member
edited May 2023 in Challenges
You are warmly invited to check out our challenge and join us!

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides a supportive environment for those in either weight loss or maintenance modes. The team is made up of a wonderful group of accountability partners and the emphasis is on life-changing healthy habits.

This is not a flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything’ short-term challenge. This is the real deal! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a long term proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning members and warmly welcome newcomers!

The accountability is a daily report of:
1. At least 20 minutes of intentional activity or exercise;
2. Tracking the caloric intake of all foods and beverages;
3. Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories; and,
4. Reporting of your fulfillment of the above (daily, if possible, as this is how strong habits are built).

Non-fulfillment of any of the first three is considered a Pass Day. Each member is able to take 3 Pass Days per month and still qualify for the “Winner’s Circle”. Post every day, no matter your success and you are a Champion! We strongly encourage everyone to stay for the whole month and learn how to practice healthy habits for wellness. The goal is lifelong health — not avoiding pass days….

This group emphasizes long-term health changes, but even the “old guard” is expected to sign up for one month at a time and recommit if they wish to continue on this wellness journey.

It sounds so simple — but it is truly a great challenge. You can join us here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/144927-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2023

(be sure to click on the 'JOIN’ button)

Replies

• miscanon3617
    miscanon3617 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Can confirm this group is exceptionally well run, threads are organized, and the people are kind and attentive. Keyword being *attentive* - it's made all the difference for me!

It's a difficult challenge (for me, as a beginner), but we're in it together! Come join so I can cheer you on!
  • deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Such a great, supportive group! It's a great way to stay accountable to yourself and your journey! <3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    Hi There!

If you truly want to lose (or gain) weight & maintain that weight - once & for all - this group may well be what you are looking for!

Caring members, actively involved - from beginners, to mid-weight loss, to losing the last few pounds, to beginning maintenance, to folks who have successfully maintained their weight for 3, 4, 5 years or longer! We’ve got someone who’s where you are, and where you want to be. A great resource of strategies & support.

A truly great group of people who have been my MFP “Home” for years.

I do not think I would have achieved my almost 5 years of weight maintenance (228 pounds to today’s weight: 165) without this group, the UAC! After 45 years of obesity, UAC significantly helped my dream come true!

Join us. Truly, this really might be just what you’ve been looking for, but did not know existed.

It does. It’s the UAC, the Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Join us! Your Future Self will thank you!

xx
    Maddie

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing challenge. It keeps you honest and coming back every single day.

YOU make your own rules to some extent but it encourages the types of behaviour which lead to long term success which is what some of the shorter type challenges can not do. It does not focus on weight but rather on the 3 requirements which help you with your health.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,095 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    This is a great group for support, accountability, and advice.

3 simple daily requirements and 3 pass days per month to allow for off days. It’s kept me on the straight and narrow for quite some time.

Try it out. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I’m one of the old guard, but I am happy to recommit every single month.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is the group for accountability, support, and advice. There is no judgment or competitions. These simple 3 rules are applicable to beginners and those maintaining. These rules have help me in my maintenance.

Come try it out for yourself.
  • nanerkay
    nanerkay Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I'm in for next month hopefully I can do better next month than I did in May. I know I'll be helping mom pack her stuff up for the move we've been neighbors for 17 years it's going to be a change and not having my daughter home with me is also going to be hard but she needs to start her life away from mom and dad. I sure will miss them but I'm praying they can get the house just down the road from me. I drive there in about 3 minutes but I also could walk it in around 15 or 20 minutes be good exercise for me.
    I'm looking at knee surgery probably late June early July. I'm praying I can get it done before or after VBS in July teach 9 to 12 year olds. They are a very energetic bunch of kids but I love doing it..
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,933 Member
    Options
    I love :heart: this very simple challenge to keep being accountable for choices made! Also love the thought provoking "starters" added to some days to continue to learn and make self improvements on this journey! It's also an awesome group of people! :wink:
  • Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    If you want to move every day, track and be "in the green" when tracking, this group is a great way to stay accountable to your goals. This challenge works to practice those daily habits for the life changes you want to see stick.

It's not what you do all of the time; it's what you do most of the time - and in that vein, there are three pass days per month.

And the wisdom of the other participants rocks the house.
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I've been part of this monthly challenge for a little over 1.5 years and since that time have been able to lose 40 pounds and maintain that loss for over a year. This group is all about building the daily habits that I needed to lose and then maintain that are the core to MFP and are totally customizable to you. It doesn't matter if your exercise of choice is cross-fit or walking, or if your way of eating is keto or vegan or moderation, the habits we are developing are making sure we get our 20 minutes of exercise everyday, keep track of our calories, and stay within our own defined calorie limits.

Life happens and we aren't perfect, but being able to go back to those 3 habits have kept me moving in a positive direction on my health journey.

Come join and check it out!
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    An awesome community of kind, supportive people who want to improve their quality of life. Well worth checking it out for a month. It may be just what you are looking for.
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Caroline_slowandsteady Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    This is a great group - so supportive and inspiring. Daily basic habits are key. I learn something new every month.
  • fannydhelia
    fannydhelia Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I joined this group first time in February and now already joined the June's group as well.

When I first joined, I had been trying to lose weight for years and was feeling that the one key ingredient I was missing was accountability and support. So, as a last desperate attempt I tried to find some kind of group or community where I had that kind of accountability that would make me finally get myself together. I stumbled on this one and decided to give it a try.. and I am really happy that I did!

I feel really supported in this group, the people are super nice! I was a bit skeptical at first, because well, how much could an online group actually help... But it has helped me a lot! It has been much easier to change my habits and I have already lost quite a bit weight and am feeling a lot better, healthier and happier.

So in conclusion, I would really recommend this group to anyone struggling to change their habits, lose weight or work toward a healthier life! <3
  • annieb45
    annieb45 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    How do you join this group?
  • annieb45
    annieb45 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Found out how. I guess I should have read it through. Looking forward to it!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,581 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful group! 3 goals in mind-all month long. Wonderful support and wonderful goal~
  • jamcnewman
    edited May 2023
    Options
    This challenge is the best I have found on MFP! What a supportive, kind, and insightful group of people — all pursuing healthy habits and better health outcomes. The group is international and made of people at all stages of life. Some are in the weight loss and many in the maintenance aspect of their health journeys. I have learned so much and been supported to my successful loss of 70+ pounds and maintenance of this. Join us!?! What have you got to lose?

We are open to members joining until the end of the sixth day of the month — after which, folks can still join but won’t be eligible for all the “perks”. Really hope to see you there for June! https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/144927-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2023
  • Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    From the moment I joined this group I thought about what life will look like for me in maintenance….not just weight loss. Weight loss is like a pregnancy - it’s temporary. The rest of your life goes on after that, and creeping the weight back on is my usual usual. I don’t want that for myself anymore.

This group is different - it’s making me think ahead, on a daily basis for how to set myself up for success. And I love that we have long time maintainers among us. They are the real deal.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    From the moment I joined this group I thought about what life will look like for me in maintenance….not just weight loss. Weight loss is like a pregnancy - it’s temporary. The rest of your life goes on after that, and creeping the weight back on is my usual usual. I don’t want that for myself anymore.

This group is different - it’s making me think ahead, on a daily basis for how to set myself up for success. And I love that we have long time maintainers among us. They are the real deal.

you are exactly right. The weight loss part is just the very beginning. I am at almost 6 years in but I love the daily accountability. I try to pay forward and usually when I am having a discussion with someone who has lost weight and is close to goal I try to gently steer them to focus on what their transition to maintenance will be (set up a plan!) and what their initial maintaining will look like. Maintenance is not a single static thing altho it sounds like it. Just a hopefully longer term approach with smaller ups and downs.
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Today is the sixth of the month and the group will be set to private on the seventh. We still welcome anyone to join, (and regularly do have new folks join), but will not be awarding the champion or winner status to anyone who joins after today.

We’re having a great June on our challenge — lots of new folks and lots of insights and success. Why don’t you join us?