☀️🌼 June Daily Weighing and Logging Challenge☀️🌼

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @HASWLRS Thank you! You too! Good Day 2s. Let’s make Day 3 special. One day at a time.

Good luck getting the house ready. It sounds like fun! And great calorie burn with good music on :)

What do you grow on the farm?

Well, technically my husband and I are farmers now as we bought his parents farm last year. On the land is wheat, corn and soy beans. My husband is sharecropping this land with his good friend, (farmer, customer, neighbour to the farm, golf buddy), Dennis. We supply the land, Dennis supplies the manpower and equipment, and they split all expenses and profits equally. My husband has never even driven a planter or worked the land in a field, and we live in town! But he does have a degree in Crop Science and has been a certified crop adviser for over twenty years. Our main source of income, our farm supply, is where the farmers get their inputs (seed, fertilizer, crop protection, agronomic recommendations, etc). May is our busiest month, when the farmers are planting. My husband will work almost 90 hours in six days (we are closed on Sundays) on the busiest week. In our area we grow the staples (corn, soy beans, rye and this year wheat), but we also grow a lot of horticultural crops. We have over twenty different raw ingredients to make fertilizer for them all! Local asparagus is being harvested right now, but the list includes cucumbers, peppers, squash, watermelons, pumpkins, strawberries, blueberries, apples, potatoes, ginseng and there is still some tobacco. Tobacco was king in its day and it is what built the local economy. It is our sandy soil that makes our area well suited for all these different crops.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa. I am 57, 5'5", and just coming down from my highest weight ever at 212. I was only there for a fleeting moment, but a moment nonetheless. And that "moment" put me in the Obese Class II category....what a wake-up call!! I live in southern Ontario, have been married for 31 years and we have a family farm supply business that I work at very, very part time, filing invoices and stuffing monthly statements. We have two grown sons; The oldest, 29, works at the family business and lives here in town. He has a lovely girlfriend, but they haven't been dating that long, so no grand kids yet. The youngest, 27, is currently single and lives in Prague, CZ. He is coming home in July for three weeks for a family wedding!!

My goals for June are to continue to log daily and walk often and to get my house in order for my son's extended visit!

May weight loss: 9.8 pound

1. 199.6
    2. 198.6
    3. 199.2 I feel like I stepped on the scale 20 times, and got 20 different numbers! This is what I settled on.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I am in a bit of a funk this morning. I have hurt my knee, gradually. The first twinge was almost a couple of weeks ago, but during yesterday's walk, it was getting sorer as the walk went on. I came home, say down at my computer to drink my big bottle of water and scroll through social media, etc. When I got up to shower, it was seized up. I can walk, with a limp and some mild pain, but I don't know how I am supposed to exercise. And the exercise and step calories are what has allowed me to be so successful for the last month!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,850 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    @deepwoodslady Yes, the estrogen blockers are no joke! I thought breast cancer survivors were only on them for 10 years but your situation is probably different. I am really struggling with mine currently and it is affecting my quality of life. I beat cancer, yes, but to continue to fight it is proving to be a challenge too 💪🏼

@joans1976 When I was originally given my estrogen blocker it was only to be for 5 years. They said that studies showed it no impact after 5 years. However, JUST as my 5 years was ending, they had new long term studies that showed it was effective still and would help for 10 years so I chose to stay on them. When my 10 years was up, the oncologist (at U of M Ann Arbor) offered to let me stay on them for longer (in case new favorable studies came through). I determined that as long as my insurance doesn't question it, I will stay on them by choice. I don't like ANY of the side effects but I do feel better protected. Especially since my weight is still up and estrogen is carried in the fat cells after menopause. I need to shrink these fat cells more before I even consider stopping the meds.
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    145320379.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 63 years old and from the Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.
    Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Starting Weight (from May 31st): 194.8
    Goal: xxxxx (Five lb Loss): 189.8
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx

**************************************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME************************************

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

06/01-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

06/02-195.6-(Trend Weight 195.0)- Ugh. Hate it but it is well deserved from my movie day out-of-town. No TMI x 2 days doesn’t help either. Gonna stay the course today. I already have a roast in the crockpot for dinner tonight and prep cooking for future. I’ll pre-log my day today and try to get some movement in. It’s supposed to be 91 degrees today and I don’t have air conditioning. Exercise will be rough but I’ll think of something.

06/03-194.6-(Trend Weight 195.0)- ) Lots of sleep last night (finally!) A nice little drop on the scale after a day of well-planned meals. However, that small bowl of cereal (unplanned) last night put me over on everything. I’ve got to plan snacks better! I was craving sweets so bad and my sugar-free dark cacao chocolate squares just weren’t going to do it.

06/04-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/05-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/07-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/08-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • gomifune
    gomifune Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words @ddainiak and @HASWLRS
  • Michigan294
    Michigan294 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m new to My Fitness Pal so hopefully I and doing this right! I am a almost 35 year old from Michigan. I started my journey in January with Weight Watchers but I find that you can overdo it with calories so I switched to monitoring calories so I am on a deficit and My Fitness Pal seems to be the place for it.
    Current:- 35.2 pounds
    Total goal: -100
    June goal: -10

My plan for this month is to make sure I get my steps in everyday whether it is hiking or my walking pad at the desk.
  • MBSenlighten
    MBSenlighten Posts: 48 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    So cool about the farm and the agriculture. Thanks for explaining. It’s nice that you are doing it on a partnership. So sorry about your knee.

Sending support to everyone! Please keep the puppy pics coming.

June:
    1: 214.6
    2: 213.6
    3. 213.8/212.8 on a diff scale
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm glad to be back for another month of this great challenge, thanks so much @jm216

I really want to ramp up my efforts this month and try and make some headway, as I've been slacking the last few months and trudging along. My birthday at the end of August is my target to get my trend weight to 140lbs, which is 6.4lbs away, so I need to FOCUS! I have a trip away for the last 9 days of this month so my challenge is to try to get to 144lbs by then, 1.6lbs in 20 days. It's going to be tough, my body can be very stubborn when it comes to weight loss, but I'm going to try and hit my goals every day.

F42 5'4"
    Highest weight: 180.8 June 2021
    Starting weight: 145.6 (trend 146.4)
    Weight Goal for June: 144lbs

My goals for June:
    3 minute plank ⏱️
    10,000 steps a day 👣
    Strength training min 4 X week🏋‍♀️
    Total Calories below 1200 🎯
    Water water water water water 2.5l💧

January 31 weight: 157.6lbs
    February 28 weight: 152.8 (-4.8lbs)
    March 31 weight: 149.2 (-3.6lbs)
    April 30 weight: 148.2 (-1.0lbs)
    May 31 weight: 146.2 (-2.0lbs)

💐May 30 146.8
    💐May 31 146.2

🌞June🍓
    1- 145.6 (trend 146.4)🙂⏱️👣🏋‍♀️🎯💧
    2- 144.8 😀⏱️👣🏋‍♀️🎯💧
    3- 145.0 🙂⏱️👣🏋‍♀️🎯💧
    4- 144.4 😀👣🎯💧
    5-
    6-
    7-
    8-
    9-
    10-
    11-
    12-
    13-
    14-
    15-(trend)
    16-
    17-
    18-
    19-
    20-
    21-144lbs target✈️🌞🏖
    22-
    23-
    24-
    25-
    26-
    27-
    28-
    29-
    30-(trend)

• gomifune
    gomifune Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 206
    Goal weight: 146
    May goal weight: 174

January end weight: 200.7
    February end weight: 192.1
    March end weight: 185.6
    April end weight: 179.1
    May end weight: 177.7

☀️🌼June
    1 177.8
    2 179.0
    3 176.9
    4 176.9
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Amanda, a crazy cat lady from Michigan. This group is uplifting and supportive and I have been through many ups and downs the past year.
    Here’s to June! ☀️🌞🌅

SW: 250
    GW: 150
    CW: 196
    June GW: 190 (?!)

6/1: 196.0
    6/2: 197
    I was expecting this, pizza last night.
    6/3: 196.9 *walked*
    Paying the price for the pizza!
    6/4: 197
    Not having a strong start here for June. It’s okay.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    @kipkeann - I tried WW too, and wasn't very successful. Just counting calories and keeping moving has worked for me. I am on a couple of team challenges on MFP that keep me accountable, and this group for support and encouragment.

@BittersweetVita Nice to see you back for June. 😁 Tme with the kids sounds wonderful. My time cooking with my Grandma when I was a child are some of my favorite memories.

@HASWLRS So sorry to hear about your knee, rest, ice, compression, and elevation. Hopefully you will be up and back to yourself soon. Your farm sounds lovely. When my hubby and I retired in 2020, we started a small container garden, basically just tomatoes, herbs, and pepers (along with everyone else during COVID). We loved growing our own stuff and it has gotten bigger very year. Added a small in the ground bed last year. This year added peas, potatoes, and watermelon. Hope they grow! Here are some pictures. The critters and bugs get some of the crop, but we still have enough for us (and then some), and it's just something that keeps us busy.

Corn, herbs, peas, cucumbers, tomatoes
    fvtaz6ld1d4k.jpg

Potatoes
    zxcj2963vcce.jpg

More tomatoes, squash, watermelon, and more potatoes
    5yd7cm0f6mqe.jpg

Broccolli - moved this to the back deck because last year the groundhog (or rabbits) ate the entire plant.
    6k3f6jd33bpj.jpg

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Darlene. I'm 62. I Married, and have one kid (28) and one pup (Monty), no grandkids. I have been retired since 2020. My husband was retired, but returned to work in January. I vowed to take this year to lose weight, get healthy, give up some bad habits, exercise, read more, etc. Back again this month! Thanks again Jill!

June Goals
    Lose 4 pounds ⚖️
    Log 175+ Miles on Fitbit 🏃‍♂️
    Drink 6-8 Glasses of Water Daily 💦
    Read daily 📖
    Do something creative daily - Knit, Crochet, Color, puzzel etc. 🧶 🖍️ 🧩

Highest Weight - 227
    Jan Loss - 9 Pound
    Feb Loss - 5 pounds
    March Loss - 5 Pounds
    April Loss - 8 Pounds
    May Loss - 5.2 Pounds
    May Ending weight: 194.8
    Total weight lost to date: 32.2 Pounds
    Goal Weight - 160 (May change as I get closer)

June 1 - 194.4 - My lowest weight in May was 194.2 - so not cheering yet.
    June 2 - 194 😁
    June 3 - 193.2 😁
    June 4 - 193 😁 - Very happy with this, went out for lunch yesterday, so expected to see a rise!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I'm Lisa. I am 57, 5'5", and just coming down from my highest weight ever at 212. I was only there for a fleeting moment, but a moment nonetheless. And that "moment" put me in the Obese Class II category....what a wake-up call!! I live in southern Ontario, have been married for 31 years and we have a family farm supply business that I work at very, very part time, filing invoices and stuffing monthly statements. We have two grown sons; The oldest, 29, works at the family business and lives here in town. He has a lovely girlfriend, but they haven't been dating that long, so no grand kids yet. The youngest, 27, is currently single and lives in Prague, CZ. He is coming home in July for three weeks for a family wedding!!

My goals for June are to continue to log daily and walk often and to get my house in order for my son's extended visit!

May weight loss: 9.8 pound

1. 199.6
    2. 198.6
    3. 199.2 I feel like I stepped on the scale 20 times, and got 20 different numbers! This is what I settled on.
    4. 198.6
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @ddainiak Your containers and your whole yard looks very beautiful. I hope you have success with them.
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Buckeyebabe7l7 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    My name is Kelly. I am 52 and watch my grandkids 5 days a week. I watch 4 of them 5 days a weeks and 6 on Wednesdays so I keep busy with babies all week. They are all 3yrs and under. I weigh weekly.

Goals for June:
    Walk for 30 minutes a day 6 days a week
    Log all my food daily
    Hit at least 10,000 steps 6 days a week

SW:262
    June SW:192
    June GW:182
    UGW:150

I hit all my goals for May so I am am very pleased with my progress for the month. Now on to June!

June
    1. Walked, logged, 21k+
    2. Walked, logged, 22k+
    3. Walked, logged, 13k+, weight 191 😊

Sorry I am late on posting this month but I took a week off from posting. I continued all my daily things just didn't post. Here's to another great month with all you ladies!!!
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    145320379.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 63 years old and from the Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.
    Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Starting Weight (from May 31st): 194.8
    Goal: xxxxx (Five lb Loss): 189.8
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx

**************************************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME************************************

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

06/01-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

06/02-195.6-(Trend Weight 195.0)-

06/03-194.6-(Trend Weight 195.0)- ) Lots of sleep last night (finally!) A nice little drop on the scale after a day of well-planned meals. However, that small bowl of cereal (unplanned) last night put me over on everything. I’ve got to plan snacks better! I was craving sweets so bad and my sugar-free dark cacao chocolate squares just weren’t going to do it.

06/04-195.4-(Trend Weight 195.0)- Another day or mis-step finally caught up to me? Perhaps. After all, yesterday was a relatively good day. However, the key word is “relatively”, isn’t it? Gotta re-think my nightly dinners as it’s leaving me too hungry at night. Hunger my snacks do not help to relieve. I’m not eating until 9 – 10:00 pm as it is. Thought it would help to eat later and have been doing that for a week now. No help. Healthy fat snacks usually really help me but don’t seem to be doing it right now. I’ve got to re-think my whole eating patterns.

06/05-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/07-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/08-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Buckeyebabe7l7 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    My name is Kelly. I am 52 and watch my grandkids 5 days a week. I watch 4 of them 5 days a weeks and 6 on Wednesdays so I keep busy with babies all week. They are all 3yrs and under. I weigh weekly.

Goals for June:
    Walk for 30 minutes a day 6 days a week
    Log all my food daily
    Hit at least 10,000 steps 6 days a week

SW:262
    June SW:192
    June GW:182
    UGW:150

I hit all my goals for May so I am am very pleased with my progress for the month. Now on to June!

June
    1. Walked, logged, 21k+
    2. Walked, logged, 22k+
    3. Walked, logged, 13k+, weight 191 😊
    4. Walked, logged, 16k+