Fat, Fluffy and Fed up!

Options
Hi All!

I'm Shannon, a 31 year old fluffy girl who is just fed up! I am fed up at being overweight my entire life and never doing anything about it. For the past month I had been tracking my calories through the "Lose it" app to gain habitual progress. I was at my highest weight at 320. When I started getting more serious on my journey I was 315, and after consistent tracking of calories and including more activity into my everyday, I am now at 306 and 5"2. I started my journey around the end of April, 2023.

I am a mother, struggler of PCOS, and has a huge family history if diabetes and heart disease. Personally, I have no other health issues at this time and I am very thankful. Unfortunately, my father has been in the hospital since February 22, 2023 due to unmanaged diabetes, which led to other problems that have escalated since. I feel like that was my eye opener to finally do something. I don't want to end up like he is, I don't want my health to decline.

Clothes shopping has been a nightmare. You know you are getting out of control when you are unable to find decent clothes at your local Walmart to fit. Reference, I am a size 24/ 3x/ 4x top. I am just FED UP! I want to wear what I want without feeling uncomfortable. I feel like I cannot be myself because I cannot express my self or my body due to being overweight and the inability to find clothes in my style.

My goal weight is 150lbs. I have a long way to go and I would love to share my journey with others with the same goal, or those who also have a long journey. I want to go from obese to beast! I don't only want to lose weight but I want to be fit, happy, and healthy.

I am tired of watching other peoples success stories, while wishing it was me, wishing I could get the motivation. I want to have my own success story and inspire myself and others.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,955 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good for you for taking back your One Precious Life.

Lots of success stories here, you can check out the Success Stories subforum for many of them. they are super inspirational and motivating.

You can do this.

There is also a specialized group in "Groups" called Larger Losers. Lots of tips, help and support in that group. I know you would be welcomed and lifted up. Here's the link. You can just read in the Group or click on the "Join" button if you want to post in it.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers
  • umeda
    umeda Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good for you, girl! You go get it. I relate to you in so many ways. Stupid PCOS. Stupid insulin resistance. Stupid hormones. I’m also so fed up! It’s so hard. And so lonely. And I’m so tired of the weight gain. I’ve gained 30 lbs in the last 4 years. 😩😭😞
  • FangsForYou
    FangsForYou Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! You got this, this is the start of a new path for you. 💪🏻 I personally lost 65lbs and still need another 35 to get to my goal, it’s been a really eye opening—-and I’ll even say fun—-journey. I’ve learned so much about nutrition, human biology, and myself along the way. Good work on your weight loss, best of luck and enjoy your success.👍🏻
  • Terrafitness
    Terrafitness Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We have the same goal weight and i share many if your feelings. I know u can do it and I think consistency is more important than anything ..currently I am 217 and hattttee seeing that 2!!!
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You're not alone and I think you'll find MFP to be a great tool to use in your road to health!
  • hoarc1987
    hoarc1987 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You just did something about it by posting.. stay on the forum to keep you focused!
  • martiparolin
    martiparolin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good on you! You have really done a positive thing commiting to this MFP! Praying you keep in track. Your kids will be a great motivator. Use them to really help you in your workouts. All the very best in your journey.

I am in your boat, except I am 60+, - long time carrying the equivalent of 1 1/2 extra 'people' around with me. I am hypothyroid and have had PCOS. Had several previous injuries from work affecting back and joints etc so developed arthritis in those areas limiting my mobility. (,I know, excess weight is a big factor as well!) I was a (old system/ UK -AUS) size 10-12 (US vanity sizes 6-8), 5'7", weighed 132-136 lbs (60-62kg) but started putting on weight and having trouble keeping it off etc when I first got hypothyroidism, worsened +++ after my first child when I was diagnosed and had to have thyroid hormones replace IV to start because I was so severely Hypothyroid. It was a constant huge battle in spite of replacement thyroid hormones, good diet and heaps of exercise. I became so frustrated and depressed I just gave up. Then I got motivated and lost quite a bit of weight several times but it didn't stay off and scales would creep up and I would say What the heck? And fall into bad habits. I am fortunate that otherwise my health is quite good except for arrhythmia issue I had as a young person anyway, but it's well controlled ATM. I am just sick of carrying this weight and feeling restricted in life. So I am giving this my all to stay on track and really look at where I am going wrong and focusing more on the becoming healthy and positive aspect than the appearance or clothes aspect.

BTW, ASOS is a great site to get plus sized, younger fashion forward clothing. Reasonably priced and free returns. And Torrid is a good one too but a bit pricier but sakes are good but no free returns but it is a US site.
    Bloom Chic is pretty good too but it is a Chinese one but good prices, ships pretty quickly, good quality but uses mostly synthetic materials.
    It does make a difference to your outlook if you can have a few nice outfits plus some trendy workout gear. Lifts your mood and can be a motivator to actually lose weight.
    It's an investment in you, valuing yourself, and helping to promote your confidence. Xx
  • booper28
    booper28 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just reading your post and wanting to cheer you on! I want to start MFP too but feeling totally overwhelmed so just having a look around today! Xx
  • Kristen525c
    Kristen525c Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I’m 32 with PCOS, highest weight of 321, starting weight of 315, and a current weight of 304. I am right there with you, friend. You are more than welcome to message me and/or join the unofficial mfp discord server where some of us chat for support. @cyn_love is in a similar boat as us and she and I are helping each other stay on track!

Here’s the discord invite for anyone who is interested!
    https://discord.gg/yHdFpyha
  • cyn_love
    cyn_love Posts: 93 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hey! Im at the start of my journey. I also have about 130 lbs to lose. I sent you a request. :) We’ve got it! Im loving the discord that she posted. It’s so much easier to use than these discussion boards.
  • MattyVonB
    MattyVonB Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You got this! I believe in you.
  • KokiriQueen
    KokiriQueen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love this post. We are around the same age, I'm just heavier than you. I'm 350 and my goal is 250. you can definitely do this! Let me know if you'd like an accountability partner/friend. :)
  • Kristen525c
    Kristen525c Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Love this post. We are around the same age, I'm just heavier than you. I'm 350 and my goal is 250. you can definitely do this! Let me know if you'd like an accountability partner/friend. :)

You may enjoy our group on Discord, too! We chat throughout the day and it has been such a huge help!
  • thesawyerbunch
    thesawyerbunch Posts: 22 Member
    Options

If you're interested I'd like to be your accountability buddy.
  • MarionCliff
    MarionCliff Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, except for PCOS and age we could be twins. I am currently 304.6 My goal is 150. I am 5'2
    I am 66 though. Will be 67 in August. At the moment I have a torn meniscus and have been prevented from walking. Was told to get a recumbent bike after it heals to help with weight. I don't have that kind of money and told Doc I need to walk. He said I am destroying my knee and sees knee replacement. I said, um just weight replacement - ha. All the best!