my accountability thread Day one

Options

Replies

• Viridian1539
    Viridian1539 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Good luck @BeverlyW1108 ! You've got this <3

@sarah7591 That was about 1.5 weeks worth of effort. Hoping I can keep up a similar pace - or at least see some change in the mirror for an NSV

Went swimming with my sister for 20 minutes last night. She wanted to stay longer but my asthma had already been tapping out for the last 15 minutes so I had to be mean and leave. Hoping I can work up to at least an hour swim 3x per week. That's what she normally does herself, and I think it would be a good exercise while the pool is open.

I've got a church event tonight, but planning to hit the gym tomorrow now that my hip is doing better, and then taekwondo class on Thursday and Saturday, so it's a busy week for me. May not be able to check in everyday - going camping Sunday-Monday so I'll be offline then as well. Best of luck to everyone!

I'll check in tomorrow and then see you all next Tuesday <3
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Checking in here. Beverly I am going on vacation July 15 so yes we have one month to maybe lose a few pounds. Let's do it! I am still fighting my Christmas weight gain! I am also retired but for some reason weekends are hard.
    Hope you are all doing well! Have a great day!
  • BeverlyW1108
    BeverlyW1108 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Viridiana, It sounds like you are very busy! That’s usually helpful to keep our minds off of food🤞 I did good for my first week back from vacation and my weight was so so this morning but I’m happy that I stayed very close to my calorie goal all week. I’ll post my weights in a few days bc we are unexpectedly out of town, again. No electricity at home and not expected to be restored until Sunday😬🥵 So here we are on yet another weekend of eating who knows what😮 I hope everyone has a fun weekend!
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Good Monday Morning!
    I stole this from someone else's post but I love the wording. "Traveling the weight loss journey at a slower but sustainable pace". I raised my daily calorie goal from lose a pound or two a week (they are both the same) to lose .50 pounds a week. Since vacation I can really feel my weight gain and I'm not liking it. I feel more sluggish all the time and my clothes are tighter. We went out of town for the weekend because our whole city lost power for a couple days. I did ok the first day but anything out of my normal routine usually includes mostly high calorie foods. It has been very hot for running so we got up early so we can run at 7. It takes 2 hours to have coffee and well you know :D
    Tomorrow my daughter in law and family are coming down for a visit. That will mean going out to eat for lunch and coming home for dessert! I can keep my calories down with a salad for lunch but the dessert is what usually gets me. I need to remember there is no one cookie, cupcake, brownie for me. One always leads to more so I just need to stay out of the sweets.
    I hope everyone has a splendid start to your week!
    Friday 4/28 - 126.4
    Friday 5/5 - 125.2
    Friday 5/12 - 125
    Friday 5/19 - 124.0
    Friday 5/26 - no weigh in out of town for funeral
    Friday 6/2 - 127.6
    Friday 6/9 - no weigh first day back from vacation
    Friday 6/16 - 126.8
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Hi All! @BeveryW1108 That is hard when you don't have electricity and have to go out to eat. I do feel for you. You have a good frame of mind though with lowering your weekly loss. I am starting back to day one here (what is wrong with me??) . Had a weekend of eating way to much and do feel bad today. Oh well....today is a new day and I will make the best of it.
    Thanks all!
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Hi All! I hope everyone is doing well. I had a good day yesterday and hope today will be better! Health is wealth!
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Happy Hump Day! I didn't do good yesterday. I made brownies for the visiting grandkids and broke down and had "Some". It's a new day and I'm going to run this morning, yay! I enjoy reading self-help books. Someone recommended Brain over Binge, going to look into it today. Have a Good Day!
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Hi all! @BeverlyW1108 I know what you mean about making brownies....I cannot eat just one of anything like that. Today is a new day and you will do well. I also love self help books. I will definitely look into it. That sounds like just what I need to read.
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Hi all! CHecking in. So far it has been a good week for me. Going out to eat twice which is always hard. It is so hard to leave food on my plate. I have been conditioned since a child to "clean your plate." I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Gloomy and rainy here in ATL.
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Hello! Hope you all are doing well.

Friday 4/28 - 126.4
    Friday 5/5 - 125.2
    Friday 5/12 - 125
    Friday 5/19 - 124.0
    Friday 6/2 - 127.6
    Friday 6/16 - 126.8
    Friday 6/23 - 127.8
    sarah7591 wrote: »
    Hi All! @BeveryW1108 That is hard when you don't have electricity and have to go out to eat. I do feel for you. You have a good frame of mind though with lowering your weekly loss. I am starting back to day one here (what is wrong with me??) . Had a weekend of eating way to much and do feel bad today. Oh well....today is a new day and I will make the best of it.
    Thanks all!
    Sarah, if you find out "what is wrong with me??" let me know because it must be the same thing wrong with me!!! Sorry I keep repeating this but "It's a New Day" again :) I'm so grateful for my overall health today. I will do good today bc I will be home with no extracurricular activities~! If I attempt to eat bad I'm going to try to think of how I will feel about that decision tomorrow. Why does this really take up so much of my time? It is my choice! I could give up and let my body go. Nope. I'm going to keep trying to do what it takes. I know I'm not the only one. I think I will try to list one thing I'm grateful for every day.
    What are you grateful for today?
    Let's try hard this weekend! Stay Focused on what really matters to us.
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Good Morning!
    What are you grateful for today? God's mercies on me.
    Have a good day!
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Hello! Hope you all are doing well.
    Sarah, if you find out "what is wrong with me??" let me know because it must be the same thing wrong with me!!! Sorry I keep repeating this but "It's a New Day" again :) I'm so grateful for my overall health today. I will do good today bc I will be home with no extracurricular activities~! If I attempt to eat bad I'm going to try to think of how I will feel about that decision tomorrow. Why does this really take up so much of my time? It is my choice! I could give up and let my body go. Nope. I'm going to keep trying to do what it takes. I know I'm not the only one. I think I will try to list one thing I'm grateful for every day.
    What are you grateful for today?
    @BeverlyW1108 - we sound very much alike when it comes to our food and diet!!! You know I imagine many are like us but not comfortable sharing with others. Yes, I am so grateful for my overall health - it is so important to me and that is why I get so frustrated when I eat junk! I want to put good food in my body because it is so worth it. I feel sooooo much better when I eat healthy and exercise. I have eaten healthy all week and feel I am building some momentum so I don't want to blow it t his weekend. My husband wanted to go to dinner last night but I didn't - you know I always overeat when I go out it seems. Just so easy to do. Today was a good day. I got up early and walked 5 miles with a friend and in the afternoon I went on a 8 mile bike ride. My bike is pedal assist (electric) so it is very easy to ride but not much of a workout but so fun.
    What am I grateful for today?? The fact that I could walk and ride a bike today is a blessing I am truly grateful for.
    Thanks for the reminder to be grateful for what we have. I hope everyone has a great weekend and is doing well.
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Happy Monday Morning! All is well here. What a coincidence, my hubby wanted to go get a hamburger on Friday for lunch, but I put my foot down and he pouted the rest of the day!! We eat our big meal at lunch and rarely go out to "dinner". Lots of questions today, Sarah, when is your birthday (mine is Nov 8)? How is pickleball going? I looked into it here but the only place close enough that we are willing to drive is outdoor only and my husband does not want to play in the heat. We might look at it in the fall when it cools down. When you say you are not a big meat eater what do you mean? I most definitely don't eat beef as much as my husband but fish and chicken keep my protein in check. Have a good day and remember We are younger today than we will be tomorrow!!!
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Happy Monday to all! The weekend diet wise went OK. Last night I got into the almonds. I know they are healthy for you but geesh...maybe not a cup of them. Oh well...better than eating cookies....that is how I am justifying this. Last night we went to a comedy club. Saw Zarna Garg...Oh my she was just hilarious. Oh the pickleball just didn't work out for me. I have sciatica in my leg and just the quick stop/start seemed to bother it. Oh well..I stay very busy so I will be on to something else. Oh I cannot believe I did not mention I had a new baby granddaughter this week! So blessed. @BeverlyW1108 I rarely eat meat. I can't really say I am a strict vegetarian because I do like dairy products. Have a smoothie with yogurt almost every day. My husband loves meat and loves to smoke meats. My birthday is August 20! Have a great Monday. Going swimming today!!
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    God's Morning!
    Congratulations on the new granddaughter! <3 What is her name? My neighbor just had a baby girl, June 12, Myra Lynn, 8#11ounces!!! The other group I am in asked 3 questions this morning. What makes you smile, what are you thankful for and what makes you happy. I thought I would share my replies. What are yours?
    I was All Smiles this morning when the scale agreed that I have been eating fewer calories and exercising!
    I am Thankful for my health and well being.
    Things that make me happy are: God, Family, Running and Spaghetti :p

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
  • sarah7591
    Options
    @BeverlyW1108 God's Morning (I like that)!! I am glad to hear the scale is agreeing with you! I have done really well this week. Go on vacation in two weeks so I really want to stay the course. I love the 3 questions!!
    I was all smiles this morning when I got on the scale too!
    I am thankful for my health (health is wealth!)
    Oh...so many things make me happy...I'm going to go along with you: God, Family, Swimming and Pizza!!
    Thanks for checking in. I hope all who are reading this have a wonderful day.
  • BeverlyW1108
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hello All!
    I did really good last week and Really Bad Today. I had eaten all of my calories before lunch :#
    I will do better the rest of the week. I'm feeling mentally strong but today was just needed.
    Health is Wealth - Love It!
    Let's not let the weekend derail the good week we have had.
    I will stop throwing my diet out the window when the weekend arrives!!~ Starting NOW.

Friday 4/28 - 126.4
    Friday 5/5 - 125.2
    Friday 5/12 - 125
    Friday 5/19 - 124.0
    Friday 6/2 - 127.6
    Friday 6/16 - 126.8
    Friday 6/23 - 127.8
    Friday 6/30 - 126.4 Wow - Right where I started, oh pooh.
  • sarah7591
    Options
    @BeverlyW1108 - ugh...don't you just hate it when you blow it and end up right where you started. Let's turn this around! Weekends are soooooo hard for me and especially a holiday one. I am really going to try this weekend. Eat healthy and exercise. Going for a walk this morning with friends for 6 miles. A lot of activities and eating events this weekend so it will be a challenge but I do not want to waste all my hard work for this week and eat unhealthy. Hang in there everyone. Have a great Saturday.
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Hello Healthy Friends!
    Just checking in to say Happy July!
    Persistence is the key to success!
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Happy Independence Day!