Black Team Challenge Week 11

Options

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Shuntae, I was amazed that I liked the running too. Here's hoping it helps take the weight off. Thank you for you kind comments.

Marla,I don't know how you do it. I had a hard time with 2 sick. What are the ages of your children? If you don't mind me asking.

Not at all-- 18, 17, 15, 13, 11, 9, 7, 3, 15 mos. (is that nine-- did I miss anybody?)

100_5439.jpg

Here they all are-- guy in the middle is a friend-- hubby is in the back with me.

Marla- You have a beautiful family. :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    UH-OH, UH-OH, UH-OH, so all the guys are at a gun show, my dad, my dh and my ds. So mom and I decide to have lunch together and we had a delicious, healthy, shrimp salad. It was excellent and the nutrition was wonderful, YUM! BUT then (why is there always a big butt:smile: ) there was homemade vanilla ice cream in her freezer and we got into that. My calories are still okay, but oh me oh my, that was not on my plan today. I already rode my bike, now I am going to do for a long walk to see if I can do some damage control! The funny thing is is all I want to do is go take a nap! :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Happy Sunday my black team!

Marla- You do indeed have a beautiful family. Seeing that picture is definately not helping me resist a third child....My wife is trying her best to keep my baby crazyness in check. lol

As for the challenge I have only managed one outdoor workout so far. I did hit the gym today but also walked with the wife and kids for a couple of miles this afternoon. I hate to say it but I am definatley hitting my first P-word. I have been pretty well behaved and the scale hanst budged in 5 days. eeeek. I'm not to worried about it I am gonna keep changing things up to kick start it. It will move eventually. I've committed to this being a perminant lifestyle so I suppose it's no big deal if it doesnt move for a while lol. I hope everyone else is having a great day. I am on vacation from work this week so the good news is I have plenty of time to spend with the fam and get work outs in. Bad news is I eat when I am bored so I gotta keep this week interesting. Anyway see you all later!

:drinker:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend isn't going to let me keep talking to you all if you don't stop it with the baby chatter. :tongue:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Andrew, I am afraid I have hit a plateau also. I was 158 pounds and then I was 160 and now I am back down to 158 and that scale has not budged in a few days. I am so hoping that I am wrong and that each morning when I wake up the scale will go down. You have did so awesome though, hopefully your scale will move in the right direction soon! :smile:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Andrew, I am afraid I have hit a plateau also. I was 158 pounds and then I was 160 and now I am back down to 158 and that scale has not budged in a few days. I am so hoping that I am wrong and that each morning when I wake up the scale will go down. You have did so awesome though, hopefully your scale will move in the right direction soon! :smile:

GASP...You said the p word :frown:

:heart:
  • Marla64
    Options

Marla- You do indeed have a beautiful family. Seeing that picture is definately not helping me resist a third child....My wife is trying her best to keep my baby crazyness in check. lol

As for the challenge I have only managed one outdoor workout so far. I did hit the gym today but also walked with the wife and kids for a couple of miles this afternoon. I hate to say it but I am definatley hitting my first P-word. I have been pretty well behaved and the scale hanst budged in 5 days. eeeek. I'm not to worried about it I am gonna keep changing things up to kick start it. It will move eventually. I've committed to this being a perminant lifestyle so I suppose it's no big deal if it doesnt move for a while lol. I hope everyone else is having a great day. I am on vacation from work this week so the good news is I have plenty of time to spend with the fam and get work outs in. Bad news is I eat when I am bored so I gotta keep this week interesting. Anyway see you all later!

You're in a plateau because your scale hasn't budged in 5 days?

That's it-- your turn Andrew...somebody hold him while I hit this man!!!!! Hold me back-- hold me back!!!

1128815811.gif

Take that, and that, and that!

Five days equals a plateau....I'll give you a plateau, pal!! I'll give you a knock upside your head.

:grumble: :noway: :grumble: :noway:

:wink: :wink:

Okay, calming down now-- ahem-- thanks for the kind words for my clan, young man-- tell wifey that the third child is the charm....once you can handle three, you can handle anything-- if you know how to juggle, just throw me another ball, you know? Before you know, you'll be up to 9-- like me???
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey Black Team ... I'm back in stealth mode for the time being ... in a funk and still not feeling great. Under the weather literally and figuratively ... but this week looks better so I'm hopeful....

Haven't been outside ... the weather this whole week has been some of the nastiest, reeallly, that we've had for most of the winter. Tomorrow looks better and maybe I'll get an outside workout in then... but I won't get enough in to make this challenge.

Oh well, still hanging in there ... when you're down the only place to go is back up again!

Onward & upward ....

:heart: Tresa
  • Marla64
    Options
    All right, Ms. NickI-- day two of the challenge all done! I ran for 18 minutes, walked for 5, ran for 10 then walked the last 6 home-- it was lovely.

Here are my thoughts on this running thing, and I'm so grateful for a whole bunch of you-- Nicki for the challenge, Bobbi for the Couch to 5k references, and Keiko on the proud thread for reminding me of the joy of running.

I conquered my familial aversion to running back in 2005-- being the ONLY member of the family into which I was born, to learn the love of exercise in general, running specifically-- and I began running with my hubby. Health issues sidelined it for a time in 2006, and it never regained its place in my exercise repertoire.

But, you know, in school we learned about the three basic types of conflict-- man versus man, man versus nature and man versus himself. It's this last conflict that can be the most difficult to overcome, hence our membership here, for many of us. We allowed ourselves to get overweight, and are here trying to conquer it.

With a exercise DVD and/or in an exercise class, while I get great workouts, I have someone standing over me telling me to keep going, ignore the burn and hang in just a little while longer.

With running, it's me and only me. I have to tell myself to keep going. I have to overcome my innate desire to stop since nobody's standing over me with a whipping stick motivating me to continue. When I am done, the victory is indescribable. Also, while running, along with telling myself ( which I do over and over again) "Don't stop, make it up this hill, you can do this-- " I have time to think and pray and shake out a few cobwebs.

So, friends, my thanks to all of you for getting me back to this-- this is going to be my mode of exercise for awhile. There is a 5k run every year at our high school here in town on April 30-- hmmmm.... Now wouldn't that be a kick in the head if I could do that?

Heading to type my evening session-- a yukky roundtable discussion-- blech. I hate doing those.

Later, buds!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    OOPS, OOPS, OOPS, OOPS, I am sorry that I have a dirty mouth Marla. I will go wash it with soap! :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Marla - your running post just made me hang my head b/c I headed back to my house after a 3 minute "run" this morning. :laugh: I walked in the house & in a fit of disgust with myself announced to my husband that "runners are idiots." :bigsmile: None of YOU of course, just the ones that run by my house every day without huffing & puffing & gasping for air. I'm amazed that I can do a hard-core 60 min. kick boxing class without missing a step, burn 825 calories, but I can't run past the curve in my road without begging to stop! ARGH!

I'm in the final steps of setting up my beachbody store! YAY! I also decided to start my own fitness blog. Mainly for my own self, but if it morphs into something else, I'd be thrilled with that, too! :happy:

Good job to all of you! No matter how far you've come in this journey (Shuntae with 97#, Andrew with 70#, Marla being able to make time for herself in a sea of children & losing 31# so far, Jeannie rocking it out with a personal trainer, Lori talking Dave into taking this journey with her, Amanda dealing with a special needs child & STILL being able to find time for this part of her life, Nicky dealing with health issues, Lynnie, Janie, Bobbi, Tresa, I could go on & on & on about how much all of you seriously inspire me)...where was I...oh, yeah. :laugh: No matter how far you've come in this journey, you all are just doing spectacular! You aren't sitting on the sidelines, making excuses. You are NOT a statistic! WE will become healthier together & every week we are doing just that. I am SO proud to have all of you to call my MFP friends. :heart:

Oh! Oh! Nicky! I ran 3 minutes outside this morning! Does that count? :laugh: I also took a walk with Micah & Tabitha today...albeit a sloooooow one, but still a walk! :bigsmile:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Marla - your running post just made me hang my head b/c I headed back to my house after a 3 minute "run" this morning. :laugh: I walked in the house & in a fit of disgust with myself announced to my husband that "runners are idiots." :bigsmile: None of YOU of course, just the ones that run by my house every day without huffing & puffing & gasping for air. I'm amazed that I can do a hard-core 60 min. kick boxing class without missing a step, burn 825 calories, but I can't run past the curve in my road without begging to stop! ARGH!

I'm in the final steps of setting up my beachbody store! YAY! I also decided to start my own fitness blog. Mainly for my own self, but if it morphs into something else, I'd be thrilled with that, too! :happy:

Good job to all of you! No matter how far you've come in this journey (Shuntae with 97#, Andrew with 70#, Marla being able to make time for herself in a sea of children & losing 31# so far, Jeannie rocking it out with a personal trainer, Lori talking Dave into taking this journey with her, Amanda dealing with a special needs child & STILL being able to find time for this part of her life, Nicky dealing with health issues, Lynnie, Janie, Bobbi, Tresa, I could go on & on & on about how much all of you seriously inspire me)...where was I...oh, yeah. :laugh: No matter how far you've come in this journey, you all are just doing spectacular! You aren't sitting on the sidelines, making excuses. You are NOT a statistic! WE will become healthier together & every week we are doing just that. I am SO proud to have all of you to call my MFP friends. :heart:

Oh! Oh! Nicky! I ran 3 minutes outside this morning! Does that count? :laugh: I also took a walk with Micah & Tabitha today...albeit a sloooooow one, but still a walk! :bigsmile:

:sad: :sad: :sad: You forgot me!! I see how it is babybeans!!:grumble: :laugh: :wink: :bigsmile:

Oh by the way I just did 500 situps and I would have run outside today but at 8pm it was 84 degrees so that was way out of the question.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

That's it-- your turn Andrew...somebody hold him while I hit this man!!!!! Hold me back-- hold me back!!!

1128815811.gif

Five days equals a plateau....I'll give you a plateau, pal!! I'll give you a knock upside your head.

Okay, calming down now-- ahem-- thanks for the kind words for my clan, young man-- tell wifey that the third child is the charm....once you can handle three, you can handle anything-- if you know how to juggle, just throw me another ball, you know? Before you know, you'll be up to 9-- like me???

Oh my dear Marla,

I understand that you find your self in the P-word to end all P-words. However, one must fully understand that causes the P-word to understand the difference between yours and mine. A "P-word's" severity and length is directly effected by how slender and beautiful someone is. So one must consider that as a huge troll of a man lacking in both the catagories of slenderness and beauty, it is indeed a plataue when I go more than five mins without losing a pound. You Marla are cursed with both slenderness, and nearly unsupassed beauty. Therefore, I am sorry to say that your P-word, if preportionate to your slenderness and beauty, may in fact be as endless. Sorry, just one of the down sides to being one of the beautiful people. However if my scale doesnt start moving soon I am going to crawl back under my bridge and sulk. lol

:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with what Sara has written - this group is so inspiring to me. Every once in a while I get discouraged, and it just takes one trip to the board to get me back on track - thanks to all of you for that..

Sara - we need to include you in this run down as well..

Check out Sara, everyone - she is a SAHM with 3 kids under school age (I think), and still finds the time between cuddles, naps, and boo boos to take care of herself - and has just 2 lbs to go to meet goal.. In addition to all else she does, she still finds time for call outs to her team members and the ability to laugh at the process enough to cheer us all up.

and must remember Sam - the leader of our group and our own Jillian - who is stronger than a speeding treadmill, and able to leap obnoxious poison bosses in a single leap.. we love you Sam..

I so love this team...:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

1128815811.gif

Oh my dear Marla,

I understand that you find your self in the P-word to end all P-words. However, one must fully understand that causes the P-word to understand the difference between yours and mine. A "P-word's" severity and length is directly effect by how slender and beautiful someone is. So one must consider that as a huge troll of a man lacking in both the catagories of slenderness and beauty it is indeed a plataue when I go more than five mins without losing a pound. You Marla are cursed with both slenderness and nearly unsupassed beauty. Therefore I am sorry to say that your P-word, if preportionate to your slenderness and beauty may in fact be as endless. Sorry, just one of the down sides to being one of the beautiful people. However if my scale doesnt start moving soon I am going to crawl back under my bridge and sulk. lol

OH EM GEEEEEE!!!!!! You really know how to get yourself out of trouble huh? :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

:sad: :sad: :sad: You forgot me!! I see how it is babybeans!!:grumble: :laugh: :wink: :bigsmile:

Oh by the way I just did 500 situps and I would have run outside today but at 8pm it was 84 degrees so that was way out of the question.

WTH!? I swear I had you in there! OH EM GEE, I'm so sorry! :embarassed:

SAM! Where would we all be without SAM!? A few short weeks ago we met our dear leader as she graciously picked us for her team. She's put up with our ups & downs, she's inspired me with her spinning class (first class tomorrow 9:15 am, Sam!) and her ability to run faster than a speeding bullet (you can have that one...I no longer want to be a runner :laugh:). She works like a crazy woman, keeps her daughters in one piece & still finds time to be a kick *kitten* wife & team captain! I :heart: you, Sam!

Did I make up for it? :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Options

1128815811.gif

Oh my dear Marla,

I understand that you find your self in the P-word to end all P-words. However, one must fully understand that causes the P-word to understand the difference between yours and mine. A "P-word's" severity and length is directly effected by how slender and beautiful someone is. So one must consider that as a huge troll of a man lacking in both the catagories of slenderness and beauty, it is indeed a plataue when I go more than five mins without losing a pound. You Marla are cursed with both slenderness, and nearly unsupassed beauty. Therefore, I am sorry to say that your P-word, if preportionate to your slenderness and beauty, may in fact be as endless. Sorry, just one of the down sides to being one of the beautiful people. However if my scale doesnt start moving soon I am going to crawl back under my bridge and sulk. lol

LOL!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wow-- well, with that kind of...uh...explanation, how could one even think of staying miffed?

You kill me! :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Oh my dear Marla,

Does Beth ever get a chance to be mad at you or do you talk this well IRL? :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options

Oh my dear Marla,

Does Beth ever get a chance to be mad at you or do you talk this well IRL? :laugh:

seriously!!!!!!