Calories

Options
Hey all. So I went from 190 down to 155 and I am back up to 170. I want to be at 145. I am 34 years old, 5'8, male. I work out pretty hard 3 days a week. Work at a desk. Try to stay moving on the weekends. Most of my initial weight loss was from fasting, and I kept it off for a bit, but I can't bring myself to fast anymore because my sleep suffers so much when I am doing that. I was wondering if 1700 calories a day is a good number to stick to to consistently lose weight? Thanks. Also any tips to help me get there faster than normal without crashing if there are any would be great. Thanks all.

Replies

• Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Yeah sure! That’s a good place to start. See what results you get after a few weeks and adjust accordingly.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Have you put your current stats in to MFP with a reasonable deficit like .5 - 1lb per week loss? What is the number of calories it gives you? Try that for about a month and see if it works. If you aren't losing, make sure you are counting your calories correctly and tracking everything, if you are losing what you should be, then it is the right calories.