😊πŸ’ͺ😁3 YRS SUCESSFULLY MAINTAINING 65+lb Weight Loss with the 5% Challenge (Progress Picture Incl.)

Options

Replies

• MawMaw1941
    MawMaw1941 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on keeping on your healthy path. πŸŽ‰
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,812 Member
    Options
    @MawMaw1941 Thank you!
  • PaulaKNW
    PaulaKNW Posts: 1,982 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss, and maintenance. I love the pictures - you look healthy, and happy! I totally agree about the 5% challenges helping us no matter where we are. Without the focus on healthy habits, and the wonderful team support, I know I would find it much easier to slide back into old bad habits. I give a lot of credit for my successful maintenance to these challenges.
  • Catwmncat
    Options
    @PaulaKNW Congrats on your successful maintenance as well. The 5% Challenges keeps us focused and always reminded to keep working on the healthy habits.
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Great story and way to maintain. You are so right that maintaining is really quite hard and means mindset lifestyle changes There is no going back to the life you had before loosing the weight.

I have been in maintenance for 5 years and a bit and still I have to catch myself when the weight starts creeping up (or I think it does) My lifestyle is not even close to before I started my journey. I have learned to enjoy exercise, I have learned to embrace the needs of maintenance. And yes I still log and I am still here. Not one for the 5% challenge but do need the support of like minded people.

• Catwmncat
    Options
    @Lolinloggen Congratulations on maintaining your loss for over 5 yrs! That is a great accomplishment as many have a hard time maintaining for 3 years.

The 5% Challenge is for those in maintenance as well as those trying to lose and offers so much support no matter where one is in their journey. We had three members in maintenance and another couple that are very close to it on our Spring team.

If you would like to give it a try I am happy to answer any questions to do with the 5% Team that you might have and if I can't answer I can put you in touch with someone who can.
  • dsypher001
    dsypher001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing i hope to achieve this one day!
    Congrats
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,434 Member
    Options
    @Catwmncat - well done!! Thank you for posting your success story, it helps all those who want to be in maintenance one day. It also helps to know that it can be a struggle, but dispite the struggle you kept up. Love being on the PS4L team with you ( Positively Strong 4 Life ) and your advise and guidance to the team. I have learnt a lot from you and the 5% community members who are loving, kind, and helpful in many ways. Thank you Thank you!!
  • Catwmncat
    Options
    Amazing i hope to achieve this one day!
    Congrats

You Can Do It! Join the Summer 5% Challenge to write your own success story.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/144897-2023-summer-5-community-team-plz-join-us
    Don't Forget to hit the JOIN button and then in the Announcements click on πŸ’ΊNeed a Seat on a Team? Post ONLY Here! to be placed on a team.
  • Catwmncat
    Options
    @Catwmncat - well done!! Thank you for posting your success story, it helps all those who want to be in maintenance one day. It also helps to know that it can be a struggle, but dispite the struggle you kept up. Love being on the PS4L team with you ( Positively Strong 4 Life ) and your advise and guidance to the team. I have learnt a lot from you and the 5% community members who are loving, kind, and helpful in many ways. Thank you Thank you!!

Lindie that is the great thing about the 5% Challenges, along with learning healthy habits and exercising we also get so much support whether it be with losing weight, maintaining, exercising or just life in general. Being involved with the team and joining in on the chat keeps us motivated and reminds us that we are not doing this alone. I am so glad that you reconnected with PS4L and share your insights with us.
  • Catwmncat
    Options
    Still time to join the Summer 5% Challenge. Practice Week begins today and will be up in the air for the 8 week Challenge on July 8th.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/144897-2023-summer-5-community-team-plz-join-us
    Don't Forget to hit the JOIN button and then in the Announcements click on πŸ’ΊNeed a Seat on a Team? Post ONLY Here! to be placed on a team anl let the adventure begin https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891482/need-a-seat-on-a-team-post-only-here#latest
  • slimmerjesse1
    slimmerjesse1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    amazing. mega-congrats.
  • Catwmncat
    Options
  • pmbach1
    pmbach1 Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    @Catwmncat You look fantastic. Thanks for this encouragement!!
  • Catwmncat
    Options
    @pmbach Thank you! You truly inspire us all with your journey and story!
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    @KoolKC @KaysSilverLinings
    Kathy, you are pretty much at maintenance, I thought you might like this challenge! And Kay, this was the challenge I was telling you about that had one of the ladies that reminded me so much of you ! 3>

@ptitejeanne , I know I buried you, so I didn't tell you about this one. But maybe for the next round? It looks greaaaattttt :D:D:D

Cheers!
    - mk :)
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options

@Catwmncat .... amazing! So inspiring. You look beautiful in all three photos!

- mk :)
  • Catwmncat
    Options
    @mkksemail Thank you for sharing info about the 5% Challenges with others and your kind comment.
  • JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    awesome and inspiring!!!
  • Catwmncat
    Options
    @JustRamona Thank You!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!