July Ultimate Accountability Challenge

Options
jamcnewman
jamcnewman Posts: 4,056 Member
edited June 2023 in Challenges
You are warmly invited to check out our challenge and join us!

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides a supportive environment for those in weight loss or maintenance modes. The team is made up of a wonderful group of accountability partners and the emphasis is on life-changing healthy habits.

This is not a flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything’ short-term challenge. This is the real deal! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a long term proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning members and warmly welcome newcomers!

The accountability is a daily report of:
1. At least 20 minutes of intentional activity or exercise;
2. Tracking the caloric intake of all foods and beverages;
3. Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories; and,
4. Reporting of your fulfilment of the above (daily, if possible, as this is how strong habits are built).

Non-fulfilment of any of the first three is considered a Pass Day. Each member is able to take 3 Pass Days per month and still qualify for the “Winner’s Circle”. Post every day, no matter your success and you are a Champion! We strongly encourage everyone to stay for the whole month and learn how to practice healthy habits for wellness. The goal is lifelong health — not avoiding pass days….

This group emphasises long-term health changes, but even the “old guard” is expected to sign up for one month at a time and recommit if they wish to continue on this wellness journey.

It sounds so simple — but it is truly a great challenge. You can join us here:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145042-ultimate-accountability-challenge-july-2023

(be sure to click on the 'JOIN’ button)

Replies

• ptitejeanne
    ptitejeanne Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman im newly in the June Challenge. Can I hop in the July challenge on the 1st of July? Or I have to apply/join etc? Thank you!
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Hi @ptitejeanne You are welcome to join the July Challenge group any time now. It is set to public so no applications or permissions are required. We always open each month a few days before it starts and we’ll begin tracking and reporting for July on July 1.

There are 35 people already there — so click join and make it 36!?! The challenge moves to “private” mode after the 7th of every month so that what folks post is not in an open forum. People can join after the 7th, but aren’t eligible for winner, etc status after that date — but can work on it with us and join the following month.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    I’ve been with UAC for quite some time. It’s a supportive group of friendly people with a wealth of experience into which you can tap. It has helped me achieve my goal of improving my health and fitness, and to stay in maintenance for over 4 years so far. Come and join us for non judgemental accountability and support.

3 simple daily requirements. Move, Track CI/CO, Stay under your calorie goal. What could be easier?

So true :)
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    My first month with this challenge was in August 2021 and I have continued every month since. It is a group committed to the building and keeping health habits. It is a wonderful example of why group support is critical for so many of us.

I really appreciate that there are also long time maintainers in the group. They share insights and encouragement with each other and with those of us in weight loss mode. They genuinely model the reality of life after loss and how maintaining is a continuing health journey.

Come check the challenge out — maybe you’ll find it as helpful and supportive as I have?
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,800 Member
    Options
    Welcome to July!!! I always love when a month starts on a weekend because I feel like I have time to change the calendars over and think about what I want to achieve. This challenge is SUPER and we have a wonderful core family of folks who are very supportive no matter what your goals. Yeah - I would say 99 % of us on MFP are here to lose weight and this application is wonderful for helping you log your food and find like minded friends. The UAC and the monthly running groups are my mainstays tho. I no longer go to the news or facebook or IG in the morning when I sit down with that first cup of coffee. I check in on my UAC friends and see how they are doing. I see if my running friends have posted to inspire me to lace up and get out the door! Try it. Stay with it. And even if you aren't perfect we will still love and support you and work to help you achieve your goals.
  • Brenedge
    Brenedge Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    July 1: 220 lbs
    July goal : 212 lbs
    Ultimate Goal: 150 lbs
    60 year old Female
    Good luck everyone !
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    @mkksemail You simply cannot watch that without smiling!
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    @mkksemail You simply cannot watch that without smiling!

:smiley::DB)<3 'tis true, @MaggieGirl135 !!!

Cheers!
    - mk :)
  • vinnes80
    vinnes80 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    @mkksemail Loved this! clapping the whole time :)
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Yay @vinnes80 !! It's irresistable, isn't it? :disappointed:

Cheers!
  • mkksemail
    Options
    @KoolKC @KaysSilverLinings ,

Kathy, Kay, I think you might like this challenge! It's not complicated, no weigh-ins, but really really great group of folks.

- mk :)