Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 227

Options

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »

6/26 - 184
    Not a great number, but better than yesterday! I’m making a tomato galette with feta and olives for dinner (DH’s request) — yummy, and if I skip most of the crust, not bad on calories.

@sheilaBoneham I hope you were able to fit in the crust. That dish sounds fantastic. I would starve all day, just for crust. :P

@SModa61 Haha! I did in fact eat the crust and it was delicious. Here’s a pic of the same sort of galette from a few weeks ago.
    akg43t2gtmw3.jpeg

@sheilaboneham looks lovely. glad it tastes like it looks!
  • AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Heaviest: 187 Sept. 2018
    RGW Loss: 3lbs.
    UGW: 140lbs

6/21-167
    6/22-164
    6/23-164
    6/24-162
    6/25-164
    6/26-164
    6/27-163
    6/28-165-We have large piles of shredded trees that need to be spread around so I started on it yesterday and it’s great cardio work. I’ll work on that this morning before it gets hot. Made Keto Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas in the oven, super easy.
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    We have another air quality alert day, with particulate matter in the mid-unhealthy zone right now. How’s everyone else doing in the smokey areas?

I'm not in the area, but my parents were commenting on it yesterday from NW Indiana. They're in the Red/Unhealthy range until Wednesday at midnight as of right now. It's really put them in the dumps. Dad has to drive the truck rather than ride his motorcycle and save on fuel. Ma can't tend her garden and is a little iffy about eating anything from it. My poor pup who is elderly and doesn't get around as well anymore seems to have found herself in a depression as she's not out and about outdoors as often.

It's a really sad and worrisome ordeal. I'm hoping and praying everyone is safe in Canada and this ends for everyone very very soon. I hope things clear up for you soon.
  • BringIt2023
    BringIt2023 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone – Looking forward to another challenge, my 3rd.
    Female, 5’4”, 57 years of age
    HW: 210 (May, 2022)
    CW: 149.4
    GW: still don’t know… hope I’ll know it when I see it in the mirror… chasing a “healthy” BMI first

Goals: Continue working on same goals from previous round because it seems to have worked!
    Cardio: 8/10 days (only days I struggle with this are Sunday and Wednesday due to lack of time)
    Bodyweight Train: 3/10 days (I can do this on Sunday and Wednesday, but fitting that elusive 3rd workout in has been a struggle)
    Logging Food: 10/10 days (using a food scale every time!)

SW Round 227
    6/21: 149.4 – Another crazy stressful work day. Did not get a workout in. Did eat my stress – not totally off the rails, but certainly enough that I need to pull back and be careful the next few days.
    6/22: 149.2 – Today is again crazy at work, but I do have my 60 minutes of Cardio Dance tonight that I am heading to after work. I always feel better after I sweat it out. My best friend from high school is in town this weekend and called me to get together on Sunday. That will be fun to catch up with her – eating at my house, I am going to cook the meal for us so I can control the food. I am looking forward to Friday so that I can feel like I can breathe this week – what a whirlwind. Physically, I feel good. I am so much better off than I would have been just a year ago… I really need to get this stress under control though. LOTS of yoga breathing happening over here! I have logged my food, and I have all my fruits / Greek yogurt for snack, cooked my lunch and packed it up this morning. I am strong, I can do this.
    6/23: 149.2 - Holding steady. So happy this work week is over for me!! I have 60 minute Zumba class in the early morning, then in the afternoon I am doing some self pampering - haircut, highlights, etc :)
    6/24: DNW
    6/25: DNW
    6/26: 149.8 - Life has become a bit of a whirlwind the past few days. All good... just stressful... even good things cause stress sometimes. Hope all are doing well!!! I will catch up on reading posts over the next couple of days, but wanted to check in before this day got away from me.
    6/27: 150.2 - Sad to see that "5" again, but I am not surprised. I made a baked pasta dish for lunch Sunday, and although I made an incredibly veggie packed sauce and cut back on the total pasta in the dish, I know it is still physically heavier than anything I've eaten recently. I have a 60 minute Zumba class after work this evening - a little bit nervous as it's a new instructor and group I'm joining... but I know at the end of it I'll be smiling. I bought a book regarding bodyweight training... not sure how I feel about it yet... but we'll see if it can spark me to be more regular working out that way. I am still hearing that little voice telling me that I "can" do a pull up... eventually.
    6/28: 149.6 - Ok... still bouncing around here... that's ok. Going to attempt some of the new ideas in my new bodyweight training book later this afternoon. I have also recorded a couple of workouts from PBS for stretching (Esmonde Technique or something like that). I like her workouts. That will be my plan B if the bodyweight thing is a bust. New Zumba class last night was good. It's always a slow start for me with a new instructor as they move differently and have different styles. I am also directionally challenged so I dance small so as not to harm those around me :# Last night's instructor leans to the Bollywood movements... which are fun, just a different way of moving than I am used to. 9 weeks, we'll see how it goes. We too are in the unhealthy air quality area here today from the wildfire smoke (Code Orange). Not sure if I'll get my after lunch walk done or not.
    6/29
    6/30

Michelle