my accountability thread Day one

Options

Replies

• BeverlyW1108
    BeverlyW1108 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    God's Morning!
    Hope your week is going well.
    Yes, I went over my calorie goal yesterday but boy was it good! I will stick to the program today and my long run is scheduled for tomorrow so All is good.
    Sarah, How was weigh in on Monday? I'm hoping to hold steady this week.

Have a Nice day!
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated 4th everyone! Too much celebrating this weekend for me and really went off the rails. I'm getting right back in the saddle though and eating healthy and exercising today. Even my husband is on board with me this time to eat healthy and that will help. Ten more days until vacation and I am with all my kids and grandchildren. I often think of my new grandkids (I had two new ones this year) and try to stay motivated to eat healthy and stay active so I can see them grow up a bit. Yesterday I did the ATL Peachtree road race with 60,000 others. The largest 10k in the world. It is a July 4th tradition for me. One lady does it every year and she is 98! So inspiring!
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Hi All! Just checking in. Oh my weigh in was exactly what it was before I started....oh well. So I am still the same. It is so hot here it is hard to walk in the day time. I did swim yesterday and plan on swimming every other day. I hope you all have a great Thursday. Stay safe and cool!
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Did our long run this morning - 60 minutes plus 1 mile warm up. Boy was it hot!
    Sarah, did you run/walk the Peachtree? I'm curious what your time was? So, when I started this and another accountability group, I thought posting my weight would help me stick to my calorie goal. It doesn't seem to have worked :/ Maybe we are the weight we're supposed to be right now. I don't necessarily want to live longer although that would be nice, I would just like to move around enough to keep my active lifestyle which includes activities with the grandbabies! I have a cousin who just turned 80 and he is definitely obese, so I go back and forth on if it is really just our genes. And the medical profession keeps changing the rules on what is healthy and what is not. Oh well. Today is a New Day and my life couldn't be better. I wish everyone happiness today.
  • amreing
    amreing Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join in with y'all?
    I'm 58 and after letting myself go am back at my heaviest weight ever...
    :-( I know what has to be done; I've tried every diet out there and I know it comes down to better choices and moderation. However, when life throws a curve ball; everything can go loosey-goosey! lol
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    TGIF Friends!
    Amreing Yay! So glad to have you. I post my weight on Fridays only because I think it helps me. Not sure it helps now that I've only lost .2 pounds~! Not necessary to do this. I started MFP a few years ago when I was at my highest weight ever and I lost 25 pounds. I've gained back 10 and would like to lose 5 right now, but I'm not sticking to my calorie goal, so it isn't happening. Oh Sarah, you will have such a good time with all those grandbabies. We are leaving for a month on 7/14. I hope to continue to post, and I know I will continue to log because it is second nature. We plan to do a bunch of hiking and some running where it is cooler. Oan, I've been listening to an audiobook that is really keeping my attention. I can't say that about many non-fiction health books. It's called The Clot Thickens by Dr Malcolm Kendrick. Do ya'll have any books you like?
    Have a Good Weekend and don't use it as an excuse to go overboard~!

Friday 4/28 - 126.4
    Friday 5/5 - 125.2
    Friday 5/12 - 125
    Friday 5/19 - 124.0
    Friday 5/26 - no weigh in out of town for funeral
    Friday 6/2 - 127.6
    Friday 6/9 - no weigh first day back from vacation
    Friday 6/16 - 126.8
    Friday 6/23 - 127.8
    Friday 6/30 - 126.4 Wow - Right where I started, oh pooh.
    Friday 7/7 - 126.2
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Did our long run this morning - 60 minutes plus 1 mile warm up. Boy was it hot!
    Sarah, did you run/walk the Peachtree? I'm curious what your time was? So, when I started this and another accountability group, I thought posting my weight would help me stick to my calorie goal. It doesn't seem to have worked :/ Maybe we are the weight we're supposed to be right now. I don't necessarily want to live longer although that would be nice, I would just like to move around enough to keep my active lifestyle which includes activities with the grandbabies! I have a cousin who just turned 80 and he is definitely obese, so I go back and forth on if it is really just our genes. And the medical profession keeps changing the rules on what is healthy and what is not. Oh well. Today is a New Day and my life couldn't be better. I wish everyone happiness today.

I just walked the PT road race. I tried to run a few times and it hurt so I just walked really fast! You know I don't know what my time was because I did not check but I think I walked an18 min mile. Back before my injury I could do a 11-12 min mile. Oh well....feel so blessed to walk. They have a wheelchair race at the Peachtree and it is very moving (sobering). People from all over the country come to run the Peachtree road race. You should come some year @BeverlyW1108 ?? It is so fun (although very warm). I am only trying to get lose 5-7 pounds and they are the hardest it seems. I don't feel so bad if I don't lose as long as I eat healthy. I will check out that audio book. I love to listen to Podcasts...the latest one I listened to was called SCAMADA.....really strange! I love to listen to something when I am cleaning, walking or whatever. Just one more week until I go on vacation. We will be on the beach and I love the ocean. It is my happy place. I hope you all have a wonderful day. I am off to go swimming. Stay safe and cool and remember ....Health is Wealth!

• sarah7591
    Options
    amreing wrote: »
    Is it too late to join in with y'all?
    I'm 58 and after letting myself go am back at my heaviest weight ever...
    :-( I know what has to be done; I've tried every diet out there and I know it comes down to better choices and moderation. However, when life throws a curve ball; everything can go loosey-goosey! lol

@amereing!! It is never to late to start with us! All are welcome! Yes, it all comes down to moderation...isn't that the truth! So simple but so hard. I just know at 65 (almost 66) I just value my health. I know so many that never made it to this age. Having a birthday is a privilege not everyone gets. We are happy to have you join us feel free to post as much or as little as you would like. <3
  • Viridian1539
    Viridian1539 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Haven't had time to check in for a while! Been super busy with church activities. Our evening summer camp is coming up and I'm song director!

How is everyone doing? Are you making progress towards your goals?

- Bekkah <3
  • webbcynthia1
    webbcynthia1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm a repeat loser and gainer, too. This is day 2, and I'm doing well.
  • amreing
    Options
    Ok, Day 3 and I'm still holding accountable! I so appreciate this group allowing me to join in, thank you! For me, accountability is key. I know my weaknesses and at this point, I certainly know how I would LIKE to eat in order to stay healthy and energized, but that little devil on the other shoulder always pops up saying "You REALLY want this, don't you??" whenever I see ice cream, cookies, delicious desserts... and recipes for all of the above, lol! I'm trying to focus on drinking more water, more protein and more vegetables for this start-up period, and that is helping curb my cravings at least. Getting motivated with some momentum going forward.... yay.
    I have 20 pounds to lose. All gained in the past several years since menopause slowed me down.
    I would like to fit into more of my clothes hanging in my closet as well as have more energy & strength doing the things I love; hiking, biking...
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Sarah, This has really stuck in my head, I love it! "I know so many that never made it to this age. Having a birthday is a privilege not everyone gets".
    Bekkah, Happy to see you checking in. I am holding steady and happy to be here. Wow, song director! I can't hit a note. My trumpet teacher in HS said I was tone deaf!
    Congrats on Day 2 Webbcynthia! Congrats on Day 3 Amreing!
    I'm looking forward to a month of hiking and running in cooler weather. We leave the end of the week.
    Unfortunately, being outside in the fresh mountain air seems to increase my appetite and not usually for vegetables but we are taking our body and food scales, so we are hoping to do good building muscle not fat. I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Remember, drink water, chew gum and it is ok to be hungry. Hunger is the Best seasoning!
  • healthierorbust
    healthierorbust Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, all - long time no see. I was sick all of June and I’m finally feeling better! I’m being tested for celiac disease and had to do a gluten challenge in June, which either coincided with a head cold or caused my body to go into some kind of shock. And I still had to work and parent little ones so I’ve been off MFP for a bit. Anyway, I’m feeling a lot better and getting back in the tracking habit before I weigh myself again! Hope you’re all well and the sun is shining- it’s been a gloomy several months here.
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Good Morning Friends! I hope everyone had a good Monday! Today is a New Day! I'm getting ready to go for a 30 minute easy run and so grateful I have the health and desire and lifestyle to still do what I love.

healthierorbust, so happy you are feeling better and putting your health first for those little ones!
    Bekkah, I thought of you yesterday when I was running and trying to sing to a song on my playlist. I am just now realizing how difficult it is to sing and breathe and run at the same time!!!
    Amreig, How did day 4 go? I think we all know what we have to do, it's just sticking to our plan is sometimes difficult. Let's just do it for today! Let's punch that little devil on our shoulder in the mouth and get on with it!!! Yes, he's on my shoulder also, busy little guy!
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Hi All! Checking in. I am so happy others are joining and checking in. We are all in this together. I am doing well and made it through the weekend without binging. Going on vacation next week so I hope that I don't go hog wild and eat normal. I think I can do this.
    @healthierorbust I hope you start to feel better! Let us know how the gluten free diet works.
    @amreing and @webbcynthia1 thanks for being here.
    @BeverlyW1108 Good to hear from you. Sounds like you are going to the mountains next week? We are going to the beach ...can't wait. I downloaded a sample of The Clot Thickens. Very interesting. You know I am having such a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that fat is OK to eat. I have been programmed for the last 20 years to stay away from fat. Maybe I am drinking the coolaid! Anyhow a very interesting read. I am reading Outlive now by Peter Attia. I just started it but so far really enjoying it. Would be fun to all agree on a book and ready it? Kinda like a little book club for us? Just something to think about. Thanks all for posting. I hope we all continue to do well. Health is Wealth!
    Have a great day.
  • Viridian1539
    Options
    My routine has been off, which has also led to eating troubles. I've still been at deficit, but not with very filling or great for you foods. I've committed to sticking to a routine starting tonight though, so hopefully I can get things back in a good rhythm to get myself out of this funk. Went grocery shopping today and bought some food to stock the house and looking forward to a great rest of the month!
  • Viridian1539
    Options
    @sarah7591 I love the idea of reading a book together! Reading is one of my top favorite hobbies
  • sarah7591
    Options
    My routine has been off, which has also led to eating troubles. I've still been at deficit, but not with very filling or great for you foods. I've committed to sticking to a routine starting tonight though, so hopefully I can get things back in a good rhythm to get myself out of this funk. Went grocery shopping today and bought some food to stock the house and looking forward to a great rest of the month!

Glad you are with us! I think it is so easy to get into a funk and prolong eating healthy. I'm glad you went and bought healthy food to stock the house. That always helps me stay on track having good food int the house. I am off for a walk with a friend this morning. It is so hot here in ATL that there really is not much you can do during the day but stay inside. I can always swim though! Have a great day everyone!
  • amreing
    Options
    One week down and surprisingly, I feel better already! I have a bit more energy, I’m sleeping better and not waking up with stiff hands.

I have no desire to weigh in. At this early stage, I just want to focus on forming good habits and reflecting on how I feel. Maybe next week I’ll step on the scale again.

This week, I’ve been drinking plenty, eating more protein and fruits/vegetables, trying to move more every day, logging in my foods, and not snacking after dinner. My cravings have subsided and I’m thankful for that.

💪🏻💪🏻 We can do it! 😆
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    So glad to hear from everyone! We're leaving for our month-long trip early tomorrow so I might be hit or miss on checking in. The first three days will be driving so we'll probably eat out regularly which isn't good for me but I'm in this for the long run and I know the more I eat in one day the more I will need to cut back the next. I have never been a big book reader but have recently fell in love with listening to books on tape. So, name a book and we can start one together and discuss it.

Have a Good Evening