Options

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,889 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Charissa - Round 230

@deepwoodslady ~ so which Barbie are you today with pick nails!!🙂

@itladyee The Malibu Barbie of course (even tho I'm from the midwest.) I actually played with her in the earlier 70's and wanted to be her lol.

BTW, I posted my nails and then heard that the movie raked in over $155 Million and is the highest profit movie by a female director in history already. All that info right after I posted my nails! Coincidence? I think not! (LOL). Have a great happy smiling and wonderful day!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,889 Member
    Options
    This is not for debate and not my opinion. This was an article in my email this morning. I thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

SHOULD WE CURB CARBS?

@itladyee, OH! {{{hugs}}} to you. I was giving kudos to Donna, @deepwoodslady (sidetrack: BTW ❤️ your 🥿Barbie nails) for HER breakthrough.

@SheilaBoneham, I do agree with @fmfdfa2020 about trying calorie cycling. Your body gets used to the same amount of calories everyday, so you have to shake it up. That is sort of what I have been doing, but it's not a plan. It's a mixture of calorie cycling, (definitely not planned, because it depends on my hunger), carb cycling (naturally lowering the calories) and IF.

@tiabirdie56 This past week I have been doing the zigzag diet to break my weight pattern and get a breakthrough to a new number. I think it is similar to calorie cycling. I've also zig zagged my carbs too. I looked it up on the internet a few weeks ago and saw how it's done. Basically you still eat the same amount of calories (and carbs if you're counting) in a week, but they are zigzagged higher and lower to trick your metabolism and get it moving. It's mainly designed to break plateau's. My normal calories I am trying to adhere to is 1400, so I have 3 days of 1400, One day of 1275, One day of 1520, One day of 1600 and one day of 1050. My carbs zig zag too and run between 64 and 75. My normal 1400 cal day is with 70 carbs. The beautiful thing is that it doesn't matter what order you eat them in. If you have a day when you are eating out at a restaurant, or a special occasion or a food you are craving (or making the family) you can choose that to be your higher day, even if the day before was also a higher day. It has done well for me so far this week. The calorie/carb swings do not appear to be making me gain a lot of weight on the higher days. The jury is still out, but I'm happy so far. I am not sure yet if this is something I should do all the time, or keep for a secret weapon when I begin stalling. It was designed to break a plateau. The main take is that you don't take in a zillion calories on the high days and cause a weight gain that could take weeks to lose. Let me know if you (or anyone) researches it and finds out anything else interesting on it.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,002 Member
    Options
    This is not for debate and not my opinion. This was an article in my email this morning. I thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

SHOULD WE CURB CARBS?

@deepwoodslady ~ I zigzag my calories as well averaging 1400. Very similar to you - I start with Sunday at 1200. Monday and Tuesday at 1400, Wednesday and Thursday at 1000, Friday 1400 (but usually at 1000) and Saturday 1700. This keeps me sane and within budget for the entire week and I can have a little fun on the weekend! I've never tried zigzag for carbs...
    @tiabirdie56 ~ I have to curb carbs or there will be no weight loss. Maintain maybe but no loss. I don't cut them entirely out, but try to stay on the low end. I may look into trying to zigzag to see if that works for me