What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    How much computer stuff falls into the realm of art rather than science.

To me, it seems like it should be very cut and dried, and when you do a particular action on a computer it should have a predictable outcome…and yet there are glitches.

I know some of you are going to say those are due to human error. The problem with that argument is twofold.

Firstly, the IT people say that they did everything right. And secondly, sometimes I will perform the exact same action I have performed many times before, but the outcome is different.

Speaking as an IT person... do not trust them

🤣 I shared my thoughts with the man who was trying to get my scanner to cooperate with my laptop and I told him I was going to write a book about philosophy and computers, and he said, “good luck getting IT to respond to one of your calls.” I’m pretty sure he was joking. 😬😂

I have mentioned that I can’t talk to people
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    When you book the first appointment of the day for a service person to come to your house...and they call at your appointment time to say they are running over an hour late. It's not the type of service where there could be a professional emergency that would take precedence (ie plumber).

So, I have to assume the most likely reason is they overslept. I set my alarm for you...you can't set your alarm for me?
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    How much computer stuff falls into the realm of art rather than science.

To me, it seems like it should be very cut and dried, and when you do a particular action on a computer it should have a predictable outcome…and yet there are glitches.

I know some of you are going to say those are due to human error. The problem with that argument is twofold.

Firstly, the IT people say that they did everything right. And secondly, sometimes I will perform the exact same action I have performed many times before, but the outcome is different.

Speaking as an IT person... do not trust them

🤣 I shared my thoughts with the man who was trying to get my scanner to cooperate with my laptop and I told him I was going to write a book about philosophy and computers, and he said, “good luck getting IT to respond to one of your calls.” I’m pretty sure he was joking. 😬😂

I have mentioned that I can’t talk to people

Each IT person you call for book quotes will simply pass you off to another IT person. 😂

You talk juuuuuust fine 😊
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Time zones.
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Time zones.

Ugh, time zone math. I can never remember whether east coast is ahead or behind unless I think “Tonight at 8/7 central”

See this is the kind of math we should be teaching kids. Real life stuff. We teach them about hypotenuses but make them learn period math the hard way, like come on now
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Time zones.

Ohhhhh I haven’t been on mfp for a few years so it took me a minute. Is this code for “why do you have to live so far away?? 😭”
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    People who think it’s appropriate to play loud music from their cars/stereos with a thumping bass. This irks me at any time of day, but especially when it wakes me up at 3:45 am 😴😡
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,589 Member
    Options
    subdude1 wrote: »
    People who think it’s appropriate to play loud music from their cars/stereos with a thumping bass. This irks me at any time of day, but especially when it wakes me up at 3:45 am 😴😡

I was gonna say sorry but the sound system in my Laramie is stock and if it goes to 38 imma not waste the extra decibels. Then I saw 0345. Nope, not me.

I do have some punk who rolls by doing that around 2000 each weeknight doing the same though. The ricer exhaust is what irks me.

Kid with a mustang lives down the street, that stang is loud.
    I hear him get home everynight.
    For some reason I find it a little comforting.
    Maybe it reminds me of when my son was living at home, idk.
    My son had a rice burner (Honda Prelude) with the loud exhaust, lol.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Depends,
    if I push it to the back of my mind I can get through the day with nothing irking me.
    If I wallow, too many things to list.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    My face. Not for obvious reasons. Unless you look directly at me.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,038 Member
    Options
    Cramps, feeling suddenly exhausted and a million things I need to get done.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Cramps, feeling suddenly exhausted and a million things I need to get done.

Ick hope you feel better
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I’ve been awake for 3hrs and I’m still thinking about the infuriating dream I had about my ex husband.
    Why?
    I woke up pissed off. 😤
    It’s SO irritating.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    My ears are clogged. Everything sounds like I am under water. Pretty irky feeling.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,038 Member
    Options
    Blonde ladies aggressively riding horses.

Ok, that actually sounds like it would be a good thing. Sounds better than it looks at least in cake form.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    a531f9lce3ch.jpeg

Literally every ad in my social media feed this evening is for some kind of shapewear. Apparently I need to be “snatched.”

It’s invasion of the body snatchers.