SEPTEMBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,973 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @AlphaHowls Very pretty picture. Your BP seems to be almost perfect at home. Most people have higher BP at the doctor's office. Was the doctor concerned? I would think it would be okay as long as you weren't feeling dizzy or anything. You are amazing with that mileage. I probably haven't run 4000 miles in my entire 64 years of life. :lol: Glad the mouth guard is helping your headaches.

@7lenny7 Wow. Those times Courtney put in are amazing....and breaking the records by over an hour! It is also amazing that her mom even tried to run the race. Do you know their ages, out of curiosity?

I saw that over in the August thread @Scott6255 . I figured you would realize it sooner or later. Great start to the month. Glad you like the shoes now.

I hope you enjoy your HM @martaindale ! Also hope you enjoy your new watch.

@Laurz9191 I hope you enjoy the race tomorrow and the weather is good.

@yirara Great job with the run. Enjoy your vacation. Uphill walking is good exercise too, if you can manage that.

@chris_in_cal I'm impressed that you ran a 10K in 35:30 minutes...even if it was 100 years ago. LOL WTG on the August weight loss.

@Mari33a I'm glad your toe is allowing you to run.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    [quote="martaindale;c-47658978"

Those of you who are on Strava probably saw this already but my watch bricked yesterday. I've had it for 4 years and wear it all the time so I feel like it had a good life. I have ordered a forerunner 625s and it's on the way! I might try out the adaptive Garmin plans for fall training this year. Mix it up a bit. [/quote]

Hope you like your new watch. I got the 255S Music and I really like it. Not sure what the 625s adds, but probably some cool stuff.
    I am at the end of a Garmin HM adaptive training plan. I just did it to see what 'adaptions' it would make. I overachieved on every speed workout, and on all the long runs. It hasn't changed anything since the beginning. So not sure what the algorithm is, but I guess it doesn't look at performance.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,973 Member
    Options
    Amazing @7lenny7 ! I'm not 66 yet (getting there soon enough), but can't imagine trying to run 50 miles. But, it is something she does, so that's great. I love that she and her daughter do them together. Also, congrats to you for finishing that race. Amazing!

@shanaber I hope it is cool and you and Hobbes enjoy a nice long walk this morning. Prayers from good news from the PET scan.

Welcome back @Zaxa2021 .

@chris_in_cal That is definitely an interesting start to Sept. Glad you had your phone and good reception so you could get home.

I totally understand your "competitiveness" @TheMrWobbly ! I did the same thing to an older lady that ran the same races I did. My goal was to pass her at the end. She was very sweet and told me she quit running marathons when she turned 80. She had run several, but I don't recall how many. Your 5K pace is great and excellent improvement.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,184 Member
    Options
    ..will go get some gloves and gather the disgusting little offenders by hand. But then what do I do with them?
    Feed them to the ducks.