What book are you reading?

Options

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Harbinger by Wen Spencer...about six books into the Tinker/Elfhome series. Spencer is a good read.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    oo5i7hlkxa5p.jpeg

Ironically, it’s a bit more dry than I expected it to be. But reading about the cultural and historical impacts of beer, wine, spirits, coffee, tea, and Coca-Cola through the ages was pretty enlightening. I am on the final segment now.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    q8wd75963obc.jpeg
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,334 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Re-reading the first book I wrote, Dragon Born, as I get ready to do a final round of edits to my sequel. I'm hoping to make sure I didn't inadvertently add some incorrect reference or logical conundrum.

I can't hardly wait till it's out!!!!!!!!!!
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,334 Member
    Options
    The Girl In Room16 by Eva Sparks. - I have not read any of her books. It got my attention on the first page so I think it will be good.
  • ___Tams___
    ___Tams___ Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    jido81ccvvec.jpg
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,182 Member
    Options
    My favorite book so far this year.
    Strangers to Ourselves
    (Unsettled Minds and the Stories That Make Us)
    by Rachel Aviv
    y4a9g4hl0nxq.jpg

• 4M_7M_M4H3R_4EVA
    4M_7M_M4H3R_4EVA Posts: 27 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Kindle: David Hough - Prestwick (Danger in the Sky Book 1)

Physical Book: Betty Tottell - All Four Engines Have Failed

Because of my sensory issues I struggle with holding a physical book for too long, that's why I moved onto the Kindle (iPad app) a few years ago, but I really wanted to read All Four Engines Have Failed, however, it has never been digitised, so it's physical book or nothing in that case - it is very rare book & I really struggled to get a copy of it, but now I have it I will treasure it.

Prestwick is a fictional story of an air incident, but I'm not a fan of fiction unless it is about something I'm genuinely interested in, & I am a self-confessed aviation geek, so I have to read all three books in the series.
  • 4M_7M_M4H3R_4EVA
    4M_7M_M4H3R_4EVA Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    I have 2 going

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America by Nancy Isenberg

I always seem to have 2 books on the go, I think for me it's because of the kind of things I read, sometimes they get very heavy & deep, so I then have a second book on the go which is a bit lighter & not so involved, or complex 😆

I'm into political history, aviation, nuclear energy & stories of real-life triumph, my hubby used to say "What depressing story of disasters, mass genocide & civil unrest are you reading about at the moment?" 🤣😂🤣
  • nicodemus109
    nicodemus109 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Since Uni I usually can't stand reading physical books anymore without falling asleep. So for me it's mostly audio books these days.
    Current book is: Crossroads of twilight by Robert Jordan, book 10 in the Wheel of Time series.

I love this fantasy series. I've read it in Swedish and English and also listened to the series at least 4 times now and still find new things to discover.
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I’m reading Alice Hoffman’s The Invisible Hour.
  • capgordon6530
    capgordon6530 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Reading ant Middleton zero negativety
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Just finished William Kent Kruger's The River we Remember. Highly recommended.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    litha_ wrote: »
    Currently reading:
    5fqw8s0xvy8c.jpeg

I gave up after the 7th installment. I got put off by her personal life getting in the way, I felt it went too much into romance and childcare than I could handle...
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    qx6kb8wcduk0.jpeg

Oooow, I like him. The book is on (almost) on top of my pile - I hope to get to it soon.

And I absolutely loved it !!
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited September 2023
    Options
    1r6tkh33fw5k.jpeg
    I’m usually a little skeptical of popular fiction that you can buy in Target, but I think it’s just because I’m a snob and I need to get over myself. Plus I really enjoyed The Dutch House
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I'm rereading Dawn for a Distant Earth by Modesitt. Will read the other two books as well (The Silent Warrior, In Endless Twilight ).
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    l6fxttflzt3v.jpeg
    Very funny