What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    People who think being mean and rude is going to get them what they want.. It's quite the opposite actually. You need my help and want to scream at me?? IDK who has the audacity on sale this week, but I will be happy to connect you to my manager.. His name is Tone... *click* 🙄😂
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    Having to do the entire morning routine with children without water because the pump broke. and having to get the water man in on short notice. And all the other *kitten* associated with owning an old home in the countryside when crap like this goes wrong.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I hate my scatter-brained self today. Forgot AGAIN to thaw out the meat I was going to cook for dinner, so I’m stuck with yet another turkey sandwich.

Then I completely f***ed up a project at work that is probably going to take at least an hour and a half to fix, and I can’t start correcting it until after my next meeting. Got another project assigned today that’s due on Friday, in addition to the two others I can’t even start yet because I don’t have the data I need.

This job is completely destroying my mental health and now it’s causing physical impacts as well (stomach issues due to the anxiety and having to scarf down whatever I can between meetings). I’m desperate to get out, but every application I’ve put out has been rejected or ignored.

It just feels like the whole world is telling me I’m not good enough 😞

Probably a lot of people feel this way sometimes. I feel this way sometimes. No “wise” words from me today. Just sympathy.
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    What irked me today? Bus driver forgot to shut the back door. We were only going 60 km/hr, no biggie.
    t39er8ga12cm.jpg
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Married men who are “separated”.
    They always neglect to mention their wife when you meet them, like just because they’re separated she doesn’t exist.
    She exists for me as***le,
    move along. 🤨

I think it would be funny to ask for a note from the wife. “Please excuse Joseph. We are separated and he is allowed to date. Feel free to call if you have further questions. Sincerely, his better half”
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Business casual
  • jdogdiggitydo
    jdogdiggitydo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The irks? The post workout feels that remind me I'm beyond life's prime. Advil sounds like a better breakfast than what I just had. I need a nap.. and an icepack.

that is all
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    This woman was in front of me at the smoothie shop and she had one of those paper containers of water with her. She left it sitting on the counter when she left and I pointed it out. The owner ran after her and she didn't want it.

I was nosy and picked it up and it was pretty much full. Fancy water in good for the earth containers are expensive, right?

Bugged me that she just left it :)
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    The irks? The post workout feels that remind me I'm beyond life's prime. Advil sounds like a better breakfast than what I just had. I need a nap.. and an icepack.

that is all

Yes! When I miss my regularly scheduled ibuprofen, I sure know about it. :D
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Cashiers who stretch the neck to take out the hanger
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,301 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Ugh. Cardboard coffee lids... halfway through my coffee the lid was soggy and deteriorating.
    (I'm working out of town... no access to my own cups here. Maybe I'll find somewhere to buy a travel coffee cup if I get a break.)
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,301 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Last night's irk... after a long travel day and a confusing Lyft experience at LAX, I finally got to my hotel. I ended up in a handicapped room. Normally I'd go back down and ask to be moved - to save that room for someone who needs it - but I was just too tired.

Here's what I discovered when I went to iron my blouse...
    sfzoqiak7x13.jpg
    Not only is this not a full size ironing board, there are no other flat surfaces for it to go and there's also only one plug that isn't in the bathroom.

This morning I discovered that - other than the light in the shower - the only bathroom light is that band around the mirror. I felt like I was doing make-up in a cave. See my solution?
    5ol0i24o17lu.jpg
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    My neck my back
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 483 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    That’s a trap! Anytime someone says that the only proper response is to continue the lyrics.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    That’s a trap! Anytime someone says that the only proper response is to continue the lyrics.

My traps too! 😃
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,001 Member
    Options
    The animal, I think it’s a skunk that has been coming up from the creek, trekking across my back yard, crawling under my fence through a hole it dug, going into my front yard every night for 4 nights and destroying my front lawn looking for grubs. 🦨🤬
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,181 Member
    Options
    Myself. Meet my number one all time irk friends.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Myself. Meet my number one all time irk friends.
    Ok but you’re super pretty