October Ultimate Accountability Challenge (2023)

Options
jamcnewman
jamcnewman Posts: 4,071 Member
edited September 2023 in Challenges
The Ultimate Accountability Challenge
(UAC) provides a supportive environment for those in weight loss or maintenance modes. The team is made up of a wonderful group of peer accountability partners. The emphasis is on our healthy habits and behaviours — the things that are in our control. ✅

We are a volunteer group with a long term track record of team member success. Our group is a terrific blend of folks in weight loss mode and those who are in maintenance mode. Our group emphasizes long-term sustainable changes in habits and behaviours.

Planning for maintenance is key for lifelong success, so the opportunity to learn from those who have been successful at this is a great benefit of the group.

The accountability expectation is daily reporting (as that is how strong habits are built and sustained) of the following:

1. At least 20 minutes of intentional activity. Please do not let this scare you from joining… everyone starts with something they are comfortable and capable of accomplishing.
2. Tracking the caloric intake of all foods and beverages; and,
3. Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories.

Non-fulfilment of any of the first three is considered a “Pass Day”. Each member is able to take 3 Pass Days per month and still qualify for the “Winner’s Circle”. Post every day, no matter your success and you are a Champion! We strongly encourage everyone to stay for the whole month as we all learn how to practice healthy habits for wellness. The goal is lifelong health — not avoiding pass days…. 🌻

The challenge sounds so simple — but it is not as easy as it sounds for most of us. We promise you a wonderful supportive team and the opportunity to learn how to manage your health for life. You can join us here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145480-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2023

(be sure to click on the 'JOIN’ button) 😊

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    Best Challenge on MFP regardless of what stage of life or weight management you are in. Lots of support and best of all - you are accountable to yourself for your success.

Plus it's just fun.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,933 Member
    Options
    Join this group, you wont be sorry!!! Most days there is a topic or "opener" to learn, ponder and respond (if you wish). There is so much information available, it's super helpful to have it spoon fed in various categories! I have learned a lot!
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Awesome group of people! I'm learning a lot, as I read about everyones daily expereinces, stratigies, and tips. They all make me feel like family.
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,816 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I can't put into words how much this challenge has helped me.

I joined at the beginning of July, knowing that I had my eating under control but feeling quite intimidated by the requirement to get 20 minutes of exercise a day. But I figured, hey, it's not called a challenge for nothing! I won't make progress unless I make some changes in my life. So I joined, listened and learned, posted my update every day, got my 20 minutes of intentional movement a day, and worked on turning that into more "formal" exercise. I went from basically sitting all day to regular swimming, water aerobics, walking, and lately even climbing stairs for the fun of it. (Yes really.)

And here I am, three months later, getting an average of 34 minutes of exercise a day and loving it. I'm stronger, happier, free of aches and pains, and more than 30 lbs down since I joined the UAC. (Although the focus here is NOT on weight loss, but on building sustainable habits that will improve your life.)

And the best part? I've found new friends to learn from, laugh with, and support each other. I'm thankful every day that I took that leap into the unknown. Come join us and see for yourself.
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I love this group. It is nice having the accountability, but I really love the discussions in the chat thread and the daily opening topic. I have learned a lot and find it very thought provoking. Give it a try. You will start changing habits just so you don't have to take a pass. Even if you go over 3 passes, keep coming in for accountability and you will be considered a champion because you showed up. That is what a healthy lifestyle is all about. Keep showing up for yourself and your habits will grow. We are here to cheer you on and assist in any way.
  • misslorij3440
    misslorij3440 Posts: 4,611 Member
    Options
    This is a great accountability group. If you live like I do (on everybody else’s schedules) you need help keeping the focus! Drop in and try us out!
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I‘ll be back for October for my third month 🍁🍂! I‘m learning a lot reading through and contributing to the daily posts and topics - which always make me think more deeply about my habits and approaches than I would on my own. I‘ve come to appreciate this group so much. Posting daily updates keeps my focus strong.
  • cmoak54
    cmoak54 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Can't say enough about this group. Love it! Come and join us for the October Challenge, you won't regret it!
    This was my first month doing this challenge, before this month I was not doing any exercise, but with the challenge's requirement of minimum 20 minutes I started and did at least that every day. The information provided helped me look into aspects of a healthy lifestyle I had never thought of, and the accountability helped me lose 9 pounds this month and create new sustainable habits.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    I can't put into words how much this challenge has helped me.

I joined at the beginning of July, knowing that I had my eating under control but feeling quite intimidated by the requirement to get 20 minutes of exercise a day. But I figured, hey, it's not called a challenge for nothing! I won't make progress unless I make some changes in my life. So I joined, listened and learned, posted my update every day, got my 20 minutes of intentional movement a day, and worked on turning that into more "formal" exercise. I went from basically sitting all day to regular swimming, water aerobics, walking, and lately even climbing stairs for the fun of it. (Yes really.)

And here I am, three months later, getting an average of 34 minutes of exercise a day and loving it. I'm stronger, happier, free of aches and pains, and more than 30 lbs down since I joined the UAC. (Although the focus here is NOT on weight loss, but on building sustainable habits that will improve your life.)

And the best part? I've found new friends to learn from, laugh with, and support each other. I'm thankful every day that I took that leap into the unknown. Come join us and see for yourself.

@takinitalloff, you've said it the best. I am on maintenance . But this group has helped stay focus during stresses and life challenges. These past few months, I have depended on these 3 simple accountability principles to stay afloat.

Come try it for at least 2 months. You will not regret it.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    Today is the final day of September and we start the October journey tomorrow! Come check it out? Over 50 people are joined now and ready to start the month on Sunday with the ultimate goal — healthy habits. ⭐️💡⭐️
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145480-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2023
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I've been with this group for a long time now. I started out not contributing much, but just appreciating the camaraderie, after all it's a tough journey for many of us. I think that's the beauty of this group; we go through the ups and downs together and keep our focus on 3 seemingly simple goals (track, stay within your calorie budget, minimum 20 minutes of exercise) but in the end, they prove so key to our success. Give it a try, share as much or as little as you like, and see if you end up having a better month.