**CLOSED** Skinny Chics & A Rooster **CLOSED**

Options

Replies

• idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in for a sec.....got finals finished and new class starts tomorrow.....and headed to work but had to share ~~

I lost 10.4 pounds since last Monday and totally ecstatic!! Want to keep this going.....I really want to lose another 28 by Oct 21 for my 40th b-day!! Hoping to do it, we shall see!!

Love to all :heart: Tami
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Tami! That is a LOT of weight to drop in one week. I can understand that you would be over the moon happy.
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Wow, some great posts over the weekend. Great job everyone.
    I had a good weekend. Got my painting done, thanks to my in-laws. And it looks FABULOUS!! I love it, love it!!! And on another happy note. Talked to the IRS and they finally accepted our paper work for the tax credit. Now we just have to wait 6-8 weeks for the check to come in. Whatever....at least we will be getting our money.
    So for the past month or so, I have been in the funk. I have been great on my exercises, but when it comes to eating, is where its been iffy. I eat what is allowed in my diet but I get these thoughts that says "Since I lost 111lbs already, it'll be ok to eat more of this or that." I don't know, could be TOM talking. But I have no temptations in the house. So no more excuses.
    Well everyone keep up the amazing work you are doing and check back in with you all later.
    Julie
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    **********************OCTOBER CHALLENGE********************************

Mt. Kosciuszko-Australia

Mount Kosciuszko is a mountain located in the Snowy Mountains in Kosciuszko National Park on the border between Victoria and New South Wales, Australia. With a height of 2,228 metres (7,310 ft) above sea level, it is the highest mountain in Australia (not including its external territories). There are two options for The Seven Summits for this continent. We will be doing Mt. Kosciuszko which is the highest mountain on the Australian continent and was the highest summit for Australia on the original list created by Bass, not Carstenz Pyramid (Puncak Jaya) the highest mountain in Oceania and on the same continental plane as Australia, which was chosen as the highest mountain by Messner. Some climbers do both of these mountains, so that no one can dispute they finished the challenge.

It was named by the Polish explorer Count Paul Edmund Strzelecki in 1840, in honour of the Polish national hero and hero of the American Revolutionary War General Tadeusz Kościuszko, because of its perceived resemblance to the Kościuszko Mound in Krakow. Mount Kosciuszko is not particularly difficult to climb. There is a road to Charlotte Pass, from which it's an 8-kilometre (5 mi) walk up a path to the summit. Anybody with a modest level of fitness should be able to walk it. As many as 100,000 people climb it every year. Until 1976 it was possible to drive through Rawson Pass to within a few metres of the summit. The walking track to Mount Kosciuszko from Charlotte Pass is in fact that road, which was closed to public motor vehicle access due to environmental concerns. This track is also used by cyclists as far as Rawson Pass, where they must leave their bicycles and continue onto the summit on foot.

Our activity that will take us to the summit of Mt. Kosciuszko will be…..WATER!! For every glass of water you drink we will move 1 foot up the mountain. However, on Thirsty Thursdays we will get 2 feet for every glass we drink! A glass of water is 8oz. and will include herbal and green tea and flavored water but not juice, soda, black tea or coffee. This is our Nurture Summit and we will be nurturing our bodies by hydrating them. The standard rule of thumb is that you should be drinking half your body weight in ounces of water every day. It is my hope that in the course of a month we will all develop the habit of drinking enough water every day. Please be smart about this and do not try to down 12 glasses of water in one sitting. Your body is not able to process that much water at once and you can become ill.
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Greg- did you walk after dinner? You better have walked after dinner. I walked after dinner. It was dark. I thought of you. I thought of not going. I thought "He will never know. You could just skip it." But then I was afraid you were really walking and I would feel bad if I had to tell you that I didn't. Or lie and tell you I did so I just went out for a walk.

I keep forgetting that MFP adjusts all of my macro nutrients when I exercise so while it all looked okay after dinner now that I have logged my exercise it doesn't look so great. What do all of you do about getting them all in? That is my focus this week with my eating. I also dodn't usually eat all of my exercise calories (some of them usually but not all of them) so that messes withthings a bit too.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options

So I'm down with teh PB2 Becks.. seriously. Shove over and gimme some. ;)

But honest to god, for the first time in almost 6 months I couldnt' care less about diet, exercise or anything else. I just want to sleep, sleep, sleep. Now, this is all probably that evil ****ing thyroid I'd like to mention, because right now, (and most of today I'd like to point out) it has felt like I've been choked to death, ever since the cat kicked me full on hard yesterday right in the Thyroid gland with his hind food on exodus. Yeah. Thanks Loki. You ****ing putz.

So what am I doing for revenge? Well my little pumpkin is going to get dressed up for Halloween this year. http://pet.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pPETS-9867253dt.jpg
    Oh yah, I just tried it on him, but it's too small, gotta get the next size up. :D OH YES> YES I ****ING AM.

G'bleah...
    Love you all :D

-C

ps Stephanie... You can habs the box my boot came in ;) Go buy a compression shirt for your bingo wings ;)http://www.underarmour.com/shop/uk/en/ ... ;) xo xo xo ;) G 56!

I love you Cyndi! I do... and I am not sure any of us would DARE to mock you, you already told us about what you do to small children (on Halloween, but still - they are small children!)... Besides it's kinda nice to see you are human once in awhile!

So, I had to laugh... Remember Loki IS the God of Mischief afterall... so one more reason to love your hubby, I am absolutely convinced that he brought all this upon you because he decided that "Loki" would be a good name for a cat!

Oh... and really?!? You are ordering the larger size for your cat? I was ready to read that your cat was now on a new healthier lifestyle... you know, drag Loki along like your hubby?!? Just kidding, but I love it. NEVER expected it to be a pumpkin... thought it would be a lion or a dog or a wombat or... if you want to be really fancy - a HONEY BADGER!! ha, ha!

I love that you are having Steph get outfitted in the compression shirt now too... I am ordering one, I swear that I am. Soon, that will be our own little "team uniform" on here! he, he, he.

PB2... it is good stuff Maynard... good stuff! ... OK... I'll be honest -- I did add a half packet of Splenda to it because I wanted a little sweeter - but that was also cause I wanted a PB Cup... BUT... It's good.

and... very excited...

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

CONGRATS TO OUR NEWEST 3-DIGIT RELEASE CLUB MEMBER CYNDI -- 100 POUNDS GONE!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Cynthia that is awesome!!!!!! So proud of you! You are such an inspiration and motivation to me :flowerforyou:

Becky; chocolate and peanut butter....yum!! We don't have PB2 over here and my hubby is a peanut butter addict, sigh, kraft creamy smooth sitting in the cupboard right now:sad:

Greg and Staci - hope the walks went well!

So yesterday was a bit of struggle. I was feeling rather stressed and have been all weekend dealing with unemployed high maintenance hubby. Someone brought in these mini chocolate rolls and I ate 5 :embarassed: I don't know what happened. The hunger and tiredness from last week is still hanging around and not being helped by the fact that TOM (sorry greg) seems to have missed his bus and is late. Didn't really want to go to the gym last night but in the end went and did spin and circuit training. Felt better having done it. I'm still frustrated with the scales as they don't seem to be doing anything and its been almost a month.
    This week is looking challenging. Thursday is open evening at school so we don't finish until after 7 but we have a break in the afternoon when we go out for dinner. There is very little in the vicinity of the school that offers good choices. And one day this weekend my best mate and I are heading to the wedding show. My hubby and I are renewing vows in a big white wedding in Canada in August and she is planning on marrying her fiance in the next year or so and needs some ideas. There will be champagne and sampling......oh boy
    Hope you all have a good day!
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Jane
    -- I did say *air* cheetos, but honey, if you want the real thing ;) they make a puffed version that's actually lower calorie (I didn't say low calorie teehee) than the original. I'll ship you a couple bags. Send me your address. I'm already sending Twinkies to a friend in Bristol, I made the mistake of having one in my bag when I visited him, and the little weed head ate it and has been whinging at me ever since, so every year on his birthday I send him 2 boxes ;) So seriously I'll send yer crack over ;) I got no problems with that.
    -- Here ya go, pick your poison.. They have a BAKED version ;)http://www.fritolay.com/our-snacks/cheetos.html

Lexie
    -- Glad you're working out again, I know it's hard to do it when you feel like you're not taking care of hubby & the kids. But if you're not around anymore who's going to take care of them then? Don't forget honey, doing this for the long run to be healthy and happy and he knows that. :) *HUGS*

Staci
    -- Stop eating back your damn calories. Or your nutrients. Dammit. ;) When you log your exercises it adjusts your nutrients as well as your calories. *slaps your hands* Put down the food. Be happy, eat what you eat. If you're full, walk away. Don't make me post pictures of Sudanese refugees to you. Seriously though. MFP ****s with you by adjusting everything with nutrients and calories. So make sure you know what your 'baseline' is, and then know what you've met/not met for the day regardless of your exercise and then you won't fret. :)

Renae
    -- Oh the grease of evil doom. Yeah I know. I can't stand that smell either anymore. I think next time I fry anything, I might actually do it on the back patio so the house doesn't reek for 3 days afterwards. Or Pine-sol the kitchen floor the day after, that would take care of it. That **** killz everything. And not only can I do sit-ups, but SportDoc said I could do elliptical or RUN in the thing... I might try and marry that man if he wasn't already married to my neurologist ;)
    -Sounds like you had a great/but busy weekend. And while it wasn't ZEN, it sounds fun, and that's just as important. All that exercise you did, not because you had gym time scheduled. But because you had, **** TO DO. ;) And you could do it all because you could move faster and farther (even if you ended up smelling like a randy woodchuck). :)

JJ
    -- Love your work on the challenge so far. Really well done. :) Kudos. I got my costume (it's actually a dog costume) at Petsmart believe it or not, was 19.99. Yeah expensive but the little *kitten* is going to look cute as ****. they had tons of costumes at petsmart and not all were that expensive :) all sizes and shapes ;) I had no idea what a big deal it was HEE HEE!

Staci
    -- I'd tell you that I'd send you dad's old chainsaw from Ohio, but I have no idea what condition it's in. it might be more broken than your hubbies. I know it's older ;) Then again I doubt it. Dad loved tools like a crazy man. Taught me the same disease, maybe it's hereditary ;) If you don't have one by the time I'm home for Christmas, I'll take a look for it. :)

Greg
    -- Man glad someone is having a good day. Thank ****. If everyone was doing as crappy as me. The world would be a miserable place ;) Congrats on your long walk my dear. 5 miles is awesome! That's REAAALY far! :) I hope you do go ice skating! :) I haven't been since uh, yeah it's been that long ;) Have a good time!! :D & enjoy your after dinner walk ;)

Tami
    -- wow some loss there!! Congrats! Keep up the really great work :)D If you keep going you'll lose that weight by Oct 21 no problem. :)

Julie
    -- Yeah no temptations is great. Problem is, husband who doesn't diet brings in all kinds of ****. A womans will power is only so strong. At least I can count on him to power through those 1/2 gal of ice cream in 2 days or less, so they're never around when I want one. He's now mowing down my Weight watchers toffee ice cream bars. I'm like really dude? I swear gonna harpoon that man.

Becky
    -- Loki has sharp teeth, and pointy claws, and he already thumped me in my thyroid. We feed him people crab. Yes $10 for a 1lb can of crab. He goes through 1 can a week, plus a 2 lb bag of people shrimp from costco, $15. Plus all the Hills science diet he wants to eat. (Because when you eat shrimp and crab, really are you going to pork on the kibble? No.) And he's LOUD. and ANGRY when the crab runs out. He'll, make DO with the shrimp. But let it be known, his majesty, the Lord of Mischief, DEMANDS TRIBUTE be PAID. If not in crab. Then blood. Oh not mine, he's never bitten, clawed, or even scratched me. But a mammal will die. Pigeons, Geckos, mice, if it moves, it's on the list. He is 17 inches long, (not including the 15 inch tail) He stands 15 inches tall at the shoulder, and weighs a solid 14 lbs 6 ounces. he has a 'slight' fat roll but he can still climb the 6.5 foot walls in the yard in a single jump at age 11. So, I say, go for it me bucko. I ain't sayin ****. The day I can jump up 30 feet straight up one leap, we'll discuss his diet. Until then.. Crab on my man. (And I almost got him the DEMON suit, but I figured that was tempting fate just too damn much.)
    I'm going to outfit everyone with bingo wings in shirts ;) Glad you ordered one, I swear you will love it. They're like crack. You can't own just one.
    And have you tried to use Stevia to sweeten it? :)
    :blushing:
    And thank you ;)

So the best NSV of the week is... My new Sports Medicine Doc says I can use the Elliptical with the CAM Walker on.
    Say what? Yes? Are you serious? STFU!

*does a little dance*:bigsmile: :laugh: :love: :bigsmile: :laugh: :love: I would have hopped off the table and kissed him but A) there was a student doctor in the room and B) It's my Neurologists husband and I like her. ;)

So I stopped in the PT clinic and re-upped my gym memb for Oct... I'll do the scuba next month ;) I HAVE CARDIO TO DO DAMMIT! Boom chickka chickka boom chickka chickka ... (yes I did just give up going to Hawaii for a month of elliptical, **** yes)

*does a bigger dance*does the big hip dance all the way to the other room and back*
    Yes I'm that happy. ;D

the 100lbs gone is nice, but... ;) CAR-DI-O ;D
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    JJ
    -- Love your work on the challenge so far. Really well done. :) Kudos. I got my costume (it's actually a dog costume) at Petsmart believe it or not, was 19.99. Yeah expensive but the little *kitten* is going to look cute as ****. they had tons of costumes at petsmart and not all were that expensive :) all sizes and shapes ;) I had no idea what a big deal it was HEE HEE!

Congratulations on the 100 pounds Cynthia! Well done!

I am glad you are liking the challenge and thrilled you are going to the summits with us!

I was acutally at Pet Smart today as the little stinker has fleas again and needed the bath. Unexpectedly, he came out smelling like sugar cookies as that was the scent they used on him. Not good for someone who loves sugar cookies and has not had one since Christmas. I saw the costumes, and thought for that kind of money I can make my own dang costumes for the boys. Sheesh. So far I have found this one: http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=2178&cps=21191 and this one: http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=4149&cps=21191

And look what I found for Loki. I will have to make that for him. That would be totally humiliating. http://spindlesandspices.blogspot.com/2008/06/international-cat-hat-turkey.html
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    JJ – if not the basket…put him in a back pack or baby carrier on your chest! That would be great! I hope you enjoyed your day off yesterday and that today is extra nice for you! And thank you for everything you have been doing for the challenge…it is going to be great! I have been reading all your descriptions, but I know that I won’t be able to keep them straight. Is there going to be a summary before we start, explaining what type of activity we have to do….or should I be taking notes? :wink: If you are looking for costumes, I saw some at Old Navy. Their costumes are usually pretty well made and pretty cheap.

Greg – great new profile picture! And don’t stress about not replying to us…I am still surprised that you wanted to be in our group. But, then again, what man wouldn’t want to be surrounded by lovely ladies?!? The skating sounds like a great goal, I am sure you will make it!

Tami – great loss! Keep it up :smile:

Julie – Yay for the IRS! (did I just say that?). Sorry you have had a funk…I have visited that town several times! I hope you get out of it soon. 111 pounds? I knew it was over 100, but can I say WOW! Your are a weight loss machine!

Steph – I love going to wedding shows! And that is super exciting that you are renewing your vows with your family in Canada in August…just imagine the dress! You are going to look amazing! Are you dress shopping? You have to! After losing all this weight, you are going to be one hot looking wifey!!!

Cynthia – you are right. I have to do this for me so I am here for them all (that is exactly what he said). But, it would be so much easier not to go! But, I am starting to feel soreness in my legs again, and I had forgotten how I missed that little bit of pain. I made it to the gym again yesterday, and I am sore now, but I know that it was worth it. I just have to keep taking it day by day and get through one day at a time. I will try and get my hubby to take some pictures of me and my boys this weekend to share.

I had another good day yesterday...day 2 done! I am really tired right now, but I am just getting going and I know I will be fine. I was on the treadmill and I wanted to stop because my legs were so sore, and I could feel all sorts of muscles in my legs because they were killing me! But, I didn't get off. I just walked at a fast pace and a descent incline for 60 minutes. Then I jumped in the pool with my boys and swam some. My legs were cramping up some and my boys wanted me to play with them, so I was only able to swim 8 laps. But, that is better than nothing.

I hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I feel like I have missed this thread for a while, and it's really only been 2 days since I posted something. Life really needs to slow the f*** down! Well, I think we have finally gotten mom's hoard in order, or at least out of the bedroom, and it's getting painted today while I'm at work, so I can fully move in this evening! I think the bf loves me because he offered to take care of all of that on his ONLY day off without me even asking.

Now, I have to share this from yesterday because it really pissed me off. This is the first month in probably 3 years (other than when income tax return comes in) that I actually have a good chunk of money left over at the end of the month. So, I go to Lowes and get the paint for the room, no problem. I decide that I'm going to go to Walmart and get me some new bedding and curatins for the room. Mind you, it's been a loooooong time since I have bought anything for myself. I pick out what I want, get to the checkout, and my debit card won't work. I just used it; I know there's enough money in there, and even if the check I deposited on Friday hadn't cleared, there's plenty in the savings/overdraft to cover it 3x, and it still gets denied. Not only am I embarrassed that I have to have the transaction suspended until I can figure out what's going on, but why is it the first time I want to spend money on ME, the damn card won't work??? All I can say is Thank God for smartphones. I went online, transferred money from the saving to the checking, even though they're linked, and finished the transaction. Ugh! We won't even talk about how where I really wanted to go for bedding was closed for remodeling...really???

Now for all of you, my darlings!!

Julie: I so want some high boots. I can barely get some to fit on my cankles, let alone up these logs that I have. I have lost major inches everywhere, EXCEPT my calves...merely half an inch.

Steph: I can't stand to watch tennis on the TV, but I think it would be so cool to go to one of those major matches! That was a very interesting thought about our harem/dinner party. Interesting how Wolfie was reigning over us and not Greg...lol The renewing of your vows sounds so great!

Cynthia: Did you really think you were going to get out of climbing all of these mountains with us??? We need you at the top howling like our beacon because I'm sure you'll be the first to the top! I'm glad the boot is doing good things for you. I know, I have missed my cardio these past 4 days, so you have to be going CRAZY without much of it because of the foot! Lady, if you are a fat toad, I'm the damn slug! BTW: Poor Kitty!!! Having said that, I was LMAO at your picture.

Greg: I hope you got up and got that walk in! I know you would feel better afterwards because often it's the getting started that's the hardest part, or rather the easiest to talk ourselves out of. I think ice skating is absolutely amazing, TO WATCH! I remember going to the rink one time when I was in high school, and I wouldn't even try it. I used to rollerskate all the time when I was younger, but as i got older and more conscious of my weight, the less I would try. NOW, I would definitely break an ankle, but give me until next winter, and I might try it with you!!

Becky:
    so I'm pulling you kicking and dragging and cussing... then, I know you'll hop up, dust yourself off and tell me that you planned to do it the whole time, you just wanted me to have to put some effort and work into it, laugh at me and say, "but look at that there HRM... burned a few cals without even noticing didn't ya!" and then evilly laughing and rubbing your hands together...
    This is a PERFECT description, and I could so visual Wolfie doing this! Don't feel bad about the triathlon...I haven't been to the gym in 4 days, which means I'm really going to have a hard time finishing that swimming. I swim really slowly and can barely do an hour at a time, which is only 1/3 of a mile. I guess I'm going to be a little waterlogged Thursday and Friday to get it in! I'm also going to leave that whole fake PB to you, my dear. I would rather stop eating it altogether than to have to reconstitute my own.

Lexie: You look amazing in that picture, and I bet it was great fun! You know, sometimes I think we give our families less credit than they deserve. We use them as excuses to not take care of ourselves, like they'll fall apart without us, when really they want us to be happy and healthy doing whatever we need to to get there. I mean, look at me, I had to wait until my girls went off to college to really focus on me and doing something about my health, and mine aren't anywhere near incapable of taking care of themselves.

Jane: It's about time you got here!

Sara: That blog thing sounds great...what a way to take control! I hope your transition is flowing along smoothly and that your foot is holding up!

Pam: Girl, you never stop going and going and going...like the energizer bunny! I wish I had half of the energy to do projects around the home like you do.

Eileen: Welcome back...I know you had a great time at Disney!!!

Jane: I love cheetos, but only the puffed kind, and only the ones with Chester Cheetah on them. The rest taste like cheese powdered cardboard. I will eat the crunchy ones, but they are not my favorite. And if we are going to talk about absolute favorites, the twisted ones are the best!!! Now I will apologize because you can't get them, but you got me started ;-)

Renae: Your week makes me feel tired! I will say the same thing about your empanadas as I said about Becky's PB2...if I can't have the real thing, I don't want it at all. I feel the same way about ice cream and cream cheese...it's a wonder I'm losing any weight at all :noway:

JJ: I hope you are enjoying those days off! No wonder you're trying to get all of your challenges out there now...BTW: Your planning for this is amazing! Oh, and I'm totally down for the water challenge...I got you for at least 16 glasses a day :wink:

Tami: Congrats on the crazy loss! I bet prepping for finals probably had something to do with it!

Staci: I would just focus on your base macros before exercise. If you can get those in, I'm pretty sure you are doing fine.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Cynthia - amazing work! 100lbs is brilliant. I'd want to announce it in sky writing!
    Don't tempt me with the cheetos. It'll never be a pretty sight... :-)

Bobbie, I loathe hate and despise that moment when a transaction is denied. It's excrutiatingly embarrassing. It happens quite often at the automated tills here (you know, the checkouts where there's no staff, you just check out yourself). You'd think that wouldn't be too painful, but the electronic voice that's always bossing you about at those tills announces really loudly "YOUR CARD HAS BEEN DECLINED!" in a manner that captures the attention of everyone in the shop....
    And yes, I think it was the chester cheetah variety my sister buys, air puffed. They're fab.

Sorry, I'm really rubbish at managing to write something to everyone. I can't keep it all in my head long enough to remember what I want to write! It definitely doesn't mean I'm not reading or don't care, though!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    . My hubby and I are renewing vows in a big white wedding in Canada in August

Stephanie, this sounds really lovely!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I keep forgetting that MFP adjusts all of my macro nutrients when I exercise so while it all looked okay after dinner now that I have logged my exercise it doesn't look so great. What do all of you do about getting them all in? That is my focus this week with my eating. I also dodn't usually eat all of my exercise calories (some of them usually but not all of them) so that messes withthings a bit too.

It depends which ones you're looking at. I think it's important to hit your iron and protein up a bit, and your fibre to go alongside the protein, to fuel your exercise. But you probably don't need to worry too much about the others. I try to eat over on protein and iron before I put my exercise in. That doesn't mean I hit the targets that it sets once the exercise cals are included as they (and indeed the exercise calories themselves) are completely unrealistic. But I reckon that it's enough to feed the exercise I do do.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm really rubbish at managing to write something to everyone. I can't keep it all in my head long enough to remember what I want to write! It definitely doesn't mean I'm not reading or don't care, though!

I have to right click reply and open in a new window, that way I can type as I scroll and read...that's the only way I can keep up with my friendly neighborhood chatterboxes...lol
  • StaciO
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I woke up crabby and am really trying to change my attitude this morning before I totally ripsomeone to shreds here at work. I decided that at least for this week I am going aim for my baseline for my macros (those set when I am eating just 1200 calories) If I can do that this week then maybe I will aim for increasing my protein and fiber next week. Wooohoo for making a plan! Okay, I'm scaring myself I better go.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hi Chicks! Hope everyone is having a Terrific Tuesday (IDK if we have an actual thing for Tuesday).

I didn't think I would do it, but I actually did go for an extra walk yesterday after dinner. The wife came with me so it was nice to chat and walk. Although, I have to say she kinda slows me down, and as a man I can only take so much female "chit chat" before I start thinking about throwing myself off of a bridge. Just jk'ing...well, not really.

@Cynthia: WTF!! 100LBS and hardly a party invitation received? I'm a little disappointed. I would have thought for sure there would be some sort of celebration! Seriously, I can't tell you how amazed, impressed, stunned, shocked, inspired, proud, jealous, freakd-out and just generally happy for you that I feel right now. You give me hope that I can do the same. Thank you.

@Mrs. Razor: I love being a part of this amazing group. I find a lot of inspriation from all of your success and also have gotten tons of great advice (i.e. got a really good pair of running shoes for walking....I never would have even thought to go to a speciality store....so happy with my shoes).

@K2: Walmart sucks, banks suck, you rock! I hope you are able to finally spend that money on yourself.

I had a good eating day yesterday and today should be good as well. It really is a one day at a time kind of battle for me. Hell, it's really more like an hour at a time. I constantly need to be aware of what I am eating or I can just slide right off the wagon.

Ciao Bellas!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    *******************************OCTOBER CHALLENGE********************

Vinson Massif –Antarctica

Vinson Massif is the highest mountain in Antarctica, lying in the Sentinel Range of the Ellsworth Mountains, which stand above the Ronne Ice Shelf near the base of the Antarctic Peninsula. The massif is located about 750 mi (1,200 kilometres) from the South Pole and is about 13 mi(21 km) long and 8.1 mi (13 km) wide. At 16,066 feet (4,897 m) the highest point is Mount Vinson, which was named in 2006 after Carl Vinson, long-time member of the U.S. Congress from the state of Georgia and a key supporter of funding for Antarctic research.Vinson Massif was first seen in 1958 and first climbed in 1966.

During the summer season, November through January, there are 24 hours of sunlight. While the average temperature during these months is −30 °C (−20 °F), the intense sun will melt snow on dark objects.

The first group to reach the summit was on December 18th, 1966 and was part of the American Antarctic Mountaineering Expedition 1966/67. The expedition was sponsored by the American Alpine Club and the National Geographic Society, and supported in the field by the U.S. Navy and the National Science Foundation Office of Antarctic Programs. Ten scientists and mountaineers participated in AAME 1966/67. All members of the team reached the summi,t the rest on December 19th and 20th. An expedition in 2001 was the first to climb via the Eastern route, and also took GPS measurements of the height of the peak. Over 2000 people have currently climbed Vinson Massif, due in great part to its inclusion on the Seven Summits list.

Our activity that will take us to the summit of Vinson Massif will be….Running, Walking and Swimming! For running and walking we will be using the unit of measurement of 1 mailbox length. In my neighborhood, there are 2 mailboxes per block and I already said 1 block was 330 ft (100m) , so the distance from one mailbox to the next will be equal to 165 feet (50m) and there are 32 of them in a mile. (Thats right, I just totally made up a unit of measure. See Oliver Smoot for why I can do this.) I like this because when I first started running, that was how I measured myself.....just make it to the next mailbox baby! So 1 mailbox = 1 ft up the mountain. For swimming, we will be measuring with lengths of the pool. 25yd pools are most common in the US for home pools, so I am going to use those pool lengths as our measure. 1 length = 1 foot up the mountain. If you are swimming in a bigger Olympic sized pool, then 1 length = 2ft up the mountain. If you are Staci and swimming in the ocean for a triathalon, then 1 mile of swimming = 64 ft up the mountain. We have been walking/running/swimming through all of the challenges, and since this is our Endurance Summit, lets keep on with these great, easy and cheap forms exercise that have formed the base of most of our exercise programs!
  • StaciO
    Options
    So today I go into our lounge for lunch and one of my lovely co-workers had cleaned out their pantry and brought all of the miscellaneous bags of chips and crackers to work. They were spread out all over the lunch table. OMG There were cheetos and potato chips and pita chips and crackers. Really if you could imagine it, it was probably there. It was torture. I picked up each bag and moved it over to the counter so atleast it wasn't sitting right there in front of me while I was trying to eat my light chicken caesar salad. As I moved each bag I said in my head "I am not eating you today because I care more about my body than I do about how you taste" Really, I said that in my head. Twenty three times, once for each bag I moved. Seriously who has that many opened bags of snack in their house at one time? Anyway, my story isn't really about the chips because i did stay out of them. It is about smoked salmon. One of my other co-workers (no not the chip b**ch--that's how I thought of her today) brought in a smoked salmon that her hubby caught and smoked over the weekend. It smelled so good. I forgot how much I like smoked salmon until I tried a taste. And it is high in protein. Yum. So my NSV for this afternoon is that I didn't eat the chips and I found another high protein food that I "forgot" that I liked.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Tami – So happy about your 10.4lb release!! Holy Awesome!!! You are motivating me big time!

Julie – Good news about the tax man! Sounds like you’re ready to set a new mini goal? 115lbs lost? How many will you drop before the holidays? You got this – keep it going.

Staci – sounds like it’s time for a little self talk with Stac? Tell her she’s got this far, she can go that last few miles. We’re all rooting for her. I’ve started reducing my cals this week too. ps - slap that chip ***** - LOL It's a pet peeve of mine at home when I see 5-6 bags/boxes open and they're reaching for the "NEW". All the more reason not to buy that crap! and Yaaa for salmon - love it with fresh lemon.

JJ – so we have Biking, Dancing, Exercise, Water, Running, Walking and Swimming. OMG – I’m already tired. Thanks for organizing this. I’m assuming the spreadsheet will have line items for each?

Steph – Sending good vibes that HM DH finds employment soooonn!!! You need one less thing to stress about. Since you know about these challenges coming up then PLAN for them. You can do it!!

Cyndi – A Randy Woodchuck – you always make me giggle. Ya – I did stink but you’re right – it was an awesome workout. And it saved us some serious $$$ on winter fuel. It’s great that you can exercise with your fashionable boot. You should kiss that dr just to see his reaction (and to provide us with another great story). Loki sounds very spoiled! Hell – I don’t get to eat crab and shrimp once a month and he’s getting it every week?!! No wonder he doesn’t harm you. He knows not to bite the hand that feeds him!

JJ – love the grand poobar hat you found for Loki – seriously funny! And a pirate dog costume – LOL The only thing missing is the eye patch but you can always draw a black circle around one eye like the dog “Petey”on the Little Rascals.

Lexie – Nice workout. You’re working so hard – it is worth it!! I’m looking forward to next months challenges so I can mix things up a little. All this walking is starting to make my legs quite fatigued. I need to get some core strengthening in too.

Bobbie – How did your room come out? It must be nice to have everything fresh and new?!! Nice reward for all your hard work!

Greg – stick around – we can offer you tons of secrets that will make your wife think you’re the cat’s meow. Start by sanitizing the bathroom once in a while. Pay close attention to the little whiska’s you fella’s tend to ‘not see’ after you shave. Oh ya – nice job on the walking – I know what you mean about walking with a partner. I like my solo walking time too! I love your long term goals. You’re doing great for someone with a pea sized brain – you crack me up. Funny how men think they can use that as an excuse – we’re on to you!

Still haven’t visited Mr. Scale this week? I’m thinking I might be ready tomorrow morning for a check in. I’ve eaten very light for 2 days and walked a lot. I’m enjoying the protein drinks too. I’m mixing half a Special K vanilla shake with ½ light rasp yogurt and a couple of ice cubes (130 cals). Throw it on the bullet and chill it in the freezer for 30 minutes. It really stays with me for 3-4 hours. I’m hoping that changing things up for a few days will get things moving again. Those empanadas added 3lbs overnight.

~keep it skinny