October 15:
    October 22:
    October 29:
    October 31:
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,825 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    takinitalloff Yeah, the weight just came right off at first. All I've been doing is portion control, staying under 1300 calories and walking every day. Started barely being able to go 30 minutes (about a mile for me) and now I regularly do 3 to 4 miles in a day which takes me 1 to 1.5 hours. I know a lot of the weight was water because I was so swelled up, especially in my legs. The weight is getting a lot more difficult now. Took me two weeks to get from like 243 to 241 and I went all the way back to 245.8 in between then bounced around 243 for a full week. It was very frustrating, but I'm back on track and focused again. I'm definitely being more realistic with my weight loss for this month.

I relate to a lot of what you wrote! So much water weight coming off initially... I lost 10 lbs my first week. Gradually that slowed down to where I settled in just over 2 lbs each week at the beginning of September. Interestingly, with increased exercise levels my weight loss now appears to be speeding up again, to a rate of 2.5 lbs a week -- and I'm pretty sure that's not just water anymore :D

I also eat around 1,300 calories a day (+200 on the three days a week that I do an hour of water aerobics -- otherwise I don't "eat back" exercise calories). I started walking as well: I'm working on being able to walk a mile easily by December. My walks now are around half a mile a day most days and it's definitely getting easier. I walk around 2-3 miles total each day, but of course a lot of that is just walking around the house doing stuff.

I've had two weight stalls of 2 weeks each, one at the beginning of August and one at the beginning of September. Yes it does get annoying/discouraging after a while, but I knew I had increased my exercise at the beginning of each month -- and I'm 99% sure the "weight stall" was fat loss being offset by muscle gain (less volume but heavier) as well as my muscles retaining water for post-exercise repair. I was slimming down but not getting lighter -- still progress! Both times, as soon as I was no longer getting sore from the new extra exercise, the weight loss kicked in again. So yeah, do be realistic and hang in there. But also, you never know, it might get easier again if you stay the course.

If you're interested you can read a comment I wrote yesterday on another thread about weight fluctuations. It includes my goofy bumpy weight graphs ;) You're not alone! We got this!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,283 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @enlightenme3 !
    I'm Chris - 73 year old female...5'5" ...I used to be 5'7" but arthritis hit and I lost two inches, so now that two inches is squished around my waist like the billows of a big accordion...
    ...Oh, well. I'll just keep working on it.
    Heaviest: 192.2
    Round GW: 148.0
    UGW: 145.0
    October Start Weight:
    October Goal Weight: 148.0
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140.0
    10/01 - 150.0 at 7:50 a.m. ...nothing...bad cold!
    10/02 - 148.9 at 7:30 a.m. ...nothing...bad cold
    10/09 -
    10/16 -
    10/23 -
    10/30 -
    10/31 -
    Good luck everyone.
    Chris
  • Lullaby2021
    Lullaby2021 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    October Start Weight:132.7lbs
    October Goal Weight:130.7lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight:122lbs

October 3:133.5(+0.8lbs) I ate a bit too much. For the first two days of October. Retaining a bit of extra food & water.
    The T.O.M cravings be a whole other level : 0! However they are subsiding and I am ready to get back to deficit action.
    October 4: 133.9(+0.4lbs) Understandable this week, with my cycle and over eating quite a bit. Which lead to waste and water retention. That should be down in one week.Once I stick to my small calorie deficit consistently.(Happy Fall season everyone)
    October10:
    October 11:
    October 17:
    October 18:
    October 24:
    October 25:
    October31:
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,746 Member
    Options
    Starting weight January 1st: 224.5
    January weight lost: 7.7 pounds