60 yrs and up

Options

Replies

• mlboyer100
    mlboyer100 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Cathi, you’re making great progress! Keep up the good work!
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hey all - keep at it, whether losing or maintaining - or even barely maintaining when you should be losing (me), it is so much better than the gaining alternative 😉 and we know we are eating healthier, so that's always a plus!

Ann, your river looks like a lake in that picture, reflecting the sky like glass! Beautiful.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,493 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77 Gorgeous pic of your River.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,331 Member
    Options
    maintaining weight is always better than gaining, no matter what weight you are. It's important to learn how to maintain. I maintained 198 lbs for years before I started losing
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Steve!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Hey, @alteredsteve175, it's great to hear from you: I'd been wondering recently how you'd been doing!

You are still fighting the good fight: Good show. It will be good to hear from you a bit more often, so welcome back!
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kerry and continued success!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,331 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kerry good to have you
  • karlschaeffer
    Options
    @BCLadybug888 confirmed lurker here, just turned 70… 😱 Yes, considering the alternatives…
  • KerryBSoCal
    KerryBSoCal Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Don’t you just hate being lapped by the
    20-50 something’s on our fitness/weight journeys? Sometimes I just want to be the rabbit and win the race!
  • karlschaeffer
    Options
    Don’t you just hate being lapped by the
    20-50 something’s on our fitness/weight journeys? Sometimes I just want to be the rabbit and win the race!

Hey Kerry! Understand where you’re coming from. I celebrate their success and keep plugging away. It’s a marathon not a sprint.
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Hi- just returning to MFP after a year. after regaining the 20 lbs I lost 2 years ago... I am 66 and need to get a handle on the yoyo that I keep doing to myself. I'm glad I found this group, I need accountability!
  • KerryBSoCal
    Options
    Welcome!
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Thank you Kerry! You'd think by this time in my life I'd know how easy it is to slide back into self-defeating habits.
  • KerryBSoCal
    Options
    I know what you mean. I gained twenty pounds during the lockdown and while looking after her until she passed. Fortunately, I lost the weight but am trying to lose more. What does your fitness plan look like?