60 yrs and up

Options

Replies

• richum1960
    richum1960 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    Dropped today to 164.6 lbs! Lowest weight in 6-7 years. Down 17.2 lbs of my Nov/Dec/Jan 15 lb goal! Down 90.4 lbs since I started losing from 9/14/20. Since I started MFP 5/14/21- 67.6 lbs! Really wasn't sure that being accountable to people on a social media platform would work. But WOW is all I can say and Thank you to everyone.

Congratulations! You are awesome! Definitely helps to go the journey with friends who are on similar paths. Have a great day!
  • PatriciaNeves2015
    PatriciaNeves2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Pat and would like to join the group. I have 20 lbs to lose (again)! This time I am serious and I'm looking for group help! It does work! I wish everyone success! I'd like to reach my goal by end of March.

Going to work out on stationery bike with my herbal tea! Green smoothie in the afternoon!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Hi, Patricia. Welcome to the group. You've come to the right place for support and encouragement.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    I am 66 years old and a very busy great grandmother; I wish I could count chasing a two year old as a workout. At my age it feels like a workout. LOL!!!!!

You may not be able to claim those calories to eat back, but your body is registering every single one! 😉

More movement (of any kind), more calorie burn.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Had 3 looonng days at work, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday(14-16 hour days). Didn't get to read threads or post regularly. I had a frustrating 5 day plataeu of 165.8 lbs and today FINALLY a Whoosh to 162! I'm thrilled!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @alteredsteve175
    Glad to hear you are hanging in there. And your wife coming to a understanding about her condition will be a blessing, in the long run, for you and your family.
  • PatriciaNeves2015
    PatriciaNeves2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @alteredsteve175. Thanks for the reply and welcome! Keep up the good work and the spirit. We experience many journeys in life, some of which are challenging to extremes but with positivity and perseverance towards a forward outlook, we come out with greater strength,
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in for a while. Our year started out with great news, we are having a new granddaughter in July. Such a blessing as kids have been trying for three years and finally went OFF and first cycle worked. Our 5 year old granddaughter is so excited. She has been asking for a sibling for last two years. Also, we but the bullet and got a puppy. Haven't had a pet for last nine years. Forgot how much work they are but sure worth it with my husband's limited mobility it has been really good for him. She is a real cuddle bug and loves being in someone's lap. Steve, I know seeing your wife in so much pain must break your heart. Prayers for you both.
  • Sistersue3285
    Sistersue3285 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you the wonderful welcome.
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Just turned 63 a couple weeks ago and feel better than I have in many years. I set goals each January. A new year always feels like a fresh start. Most of my goals are related to my art business, but I do add personal ones in as well. They have always included losing weight...year after year....after year...after year...after year. This year, finally, I'm headed to maintenance. Still about 40 pounds to go. I'm still in a bit of disbelief.

Somehow, I lost this group but have now bookmarked it. Love all the great advice, support and celebrations. You're my peeps!!

@alteredsteve175 Thinking of you and your wife during this tough time. Sending hugs and prayers.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all, and a happy if belated new year to everyone. Finished the holiday travel and managed to dodge the omicron bullet. Just received negative post travel PCR results and now will retreat to our hobbit hole and wait for the omicron wave to hopefully wane. This will also hopefully allow me to get back on some semblance of a healthy diet and regular workouts. Too many tasty treats over the holidays and a definite lack of exercise. Need to cut out the junk and reduce my calorie intake a bit. I have a date with the scale on Saturday, and not looking forward to it, but must be accountable for my actions. 🤣😱🤣. Anyways. Onward to victory and victory thru vegetables. Hope you all are doing well on your fitness and health journey.

Sounds like a great plan, go for it.
  • annliz23
    Options
    anawake13 wrote: »
    I haven't checked in for a while. Our year started out with great news, we are having a new granddaughter in July. Such a blessing as kids have been trying for three years and finally went OFF and first cycle worked. Our 5 year old granddaughter is so excited. She has been asking for a sibling for last two years. Also, we but the bullet and got a puppy. Haven't had a pet for last nine years. Forgot how much work they are but sure worth it with my husband's limited mobility it has been really good for him. She is a real cuddle bug and loves being in someone's lap. Steve, I know seeing your wife in so much pain must break your heart. Prayers for you both.

Congratulations
  • annliz23
    Options
    I am 66 years old and a very busy great grandmother; I wish I could count chasing a two year old as a workout. At my age it feels like a workout. LOL!!!!!

I agree it should a workout it definitely burns the calories.
  • olejunebug22
    olejunebug22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if I joined this group or not. I most definitely need to be here! I am 69 years Young / Okay.... Old ?
  • janny01
    janny01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I'm 65 and need to make myself accountable on here, so that I will lose weight AND KEEP IT OFF. I've yo-yoed around for years, and am mad at myself for gaining 15kg over the past two years. I'm feeling my age, with stiffness and sore hips, so know that losing the excess weight will really help that.
    New year, new frame of mind. Good luck to everyone in achieving your health goals.