What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• RunningGirlKC
    RunningGirlKC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Chest/Shoulders/Triceps (3x10; low to moderate weight)
    - Barbell Bench Press 3x8 - 60% of max
    - Dumbbell Flyes
    - Side Lateral Raise
    - Seated Barbell Military Press
    - Tricep Pushdown (Rope)
    - Lying Tricep Press

No cardio and rest tomorrow! Race on Saturday! Hope y’all have a wonderful rest of the week - I’ll look forward to see what you’re doing when I get back!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    First workout in a week after resting my joints, particularly where my forearm meets my elbow on the outsides of my arm.

3x8 Incline press
    3x8 weighted dips
    3x12 Machine Flys
    3x12 dumbbell Arnold press
    3x12 reverse tricep curls
    3x10 seated machine skullcrushers
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,020 Member
    Options
    Elliptical, one hour, intervals
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    A few months ago our town opened a new bike path down to a newly opened kayak park close to our house. Hubs has been biking and walking it, but I haven't. Today we enjoyed gorgeous fall weather and an hour and 15 minute walk with the dog this afternoon (we didn't get all the way to the kayak park . . . this time).
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    5 mile run to the lake. Then 2 miles, a 14+ min mile and a 13+ min mile walk back to the house. It was 50 degree, but still managed to get my sweat on. I foresee elliptical tomorrow to give my gankle(gimp+ankle) a rest. I’d say it’s the weather, but getting older and pushing it always reminds us of our old injuries.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Machine Fly 3x10
    BB Row 3x10
    Pulldown 3x10
    Face Pull 3x10
    Machine Lateral Raise 3x10
    Machine Curl <superset> Machine Pushdown 3x10 (both 3-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Added face pulls, and reduced the weight for the curls/pushdowns so I could do a slow, controlled negative each rep.
  • _John_
    Options
    this was probably my last day in the gym until monday, so crammed a bunch of stuff in one workout.

3 sets pullups, last 2 weighted
    3x super set of lat prayers into machine rows
    3x trap bar deadlifts (handles set to normal DL ROM)
    3x leg extensions
    3x seated leg curls.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    No intentional exercise yesterday, just a lot of busy errand-y chore-y stuff so I didn't make time for it. :|

Rowed today, pretty strong SW wind made the West end of our row quite choppy, but the East end was fine (the river bends). I was in 3 seat, so again able to work on technical stuff (I need it).

If this wasn't our last row this season, some day soon will be, I think.

Did a couple hours of reasonably vigorous Winter-prep yard work, too.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Lower Hypertrophy

Squats 4x15
    BB Step-Ups 3x12
    BB RDL 3x10
    Leg Extension 3x12
    Lying Leg Curl 3x12
    Calves Extend 3x12
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    Another row, a little further than usual, bit over 8.6k, because we went through the bridge to the West and upstream a ways. I was in 3 seat again (behind stroke). Temps in the lower 40s F (around 6C), but the very slightest of South wind, so pretty nice rowing weather.
  • laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Took 10 days off to have a deload week as I was on holiday. Did make use of the hotel "gym" once and went for a casual horse ride but no other structured exercise.

Before we came home I came down with a really bad bout of food poisoning that's still affecting me 6 days later so I haven't been back to the gym yet. I managed a 45 minute horse ride today, just walk and trot but that's the most I've managed. On the road to recovery but not quite ready for gym yet.

I've also somehow managed to pick up a knee strain - no idea how as I definitely haven't done anything to warrant it happening but here we are! Hopefully it'll go along with the food poisoning!
  • laughingdakini1
    laughingdakini1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yesterday did 82:43 minutes of underdesk elliptical bike while reading (841.0 cals, 34.83 miles) and 8:18 mins 'arm bicycle' (on similar underdesk bike on table) for 44 cals. and 309 revolutions. The arm bike thing does MIRACLES for core toning and abs, no joke. I keep my legs off the floor when I do them and the extra weight and muscle tension helps bigtime. These are so helpful for being sort of housebound due to health and life circumstances. I've done more than those amounts today but have not finished for the day yet--I pretty much do them to mild pain or exhaustion or other physical cue that any more would be too much, and it has been fine even with old in juries and being a mature age and not thin.
  • RunningGirlKC
    RunningGirlKC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    - Barbell Bench Press 3x8 - 70%
    - Incline Dumbbell Flyes 3x8-10
    - Side Lateral Raises 3x10
    - Shoulder Press (Machine) 3x8
    - Dips - Chest 3x10-12
    - Lying Tricep Press 3x10
  • nossmf
    Options
    Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 5x5
  • laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    40 minute walk at 7am and then 20 minutes yin yoga. Feeling ready to hit the gym tomorrow finally! 💪
  • _John_
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Workout with my 12 yo.

I did:
    3x8 squats
    3x12 leg extensions
    3x12 seated leg curls

Him:
    3x8 deadlifts (pretty light, first time he’s done conventional deadlifts. We’ve done them with a trap bar previously)
    3x10 DB Bench
    3x10 DB Shoulder press
    3x10 Pendlay Rows
    2xfailure/form breakdown on lat prayers into machine rows
    3x12 Leg Extensions
    3x12 seated leg curls

He had an awesome session doing a bunch of new lifts and picking up on form quickly. His deadlifts are really clean (we tried multiple ways with lighter weight and he settled on an over/over grip sumo style).
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    A joke I saw online which made me think of this group of people:

Hippos can run and swim faster than humans. That means we must rely on our bicycle skills to beat them in a triathlon.

Praying that hippos don't learn to ride bikes. ;)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I've been very distracted and lackadaisical lately, due to having an active substitute teaching schedule and lots of other social stuff happening. That said, at least I have managed to work with my trainer 2 mornings per week at 5:30am (ugh) before school.

Today is a day off from teaching due to local elections. With the forecast calling for 65 degree temps this afternoon, we'll squeeze in an outdoor bike ride.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on my indoor bike trainer this morning.

Calisthenics with my 13 yo this evening.