• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    If I had known then what I know now I would have learned a trade

Word
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    My 16-year-old has a persistent ear infection. Last school year he had a bad reaction to amoxicillin so they’ve been trying to treat with increasingly powerful alternatives to no effect. Tomorrow they will administer an antibiotic via injection in office and keep him for a half hour to watch for a reaction. I’m scared

Sending positive vibes! I sure hope this knocks it out. poor kid
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options

Trade School and vocational programs are underrated. Do you think you would ever work for an AI CEO if that happened or would you resign?
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    My 16-year-old has a persistent ear infection. Last school year he had a bad reaction to amoxicillin so they’ve been trying to treat with increasingly powerful alternatives to no effect. Tomorrow they will administer an antibiotic via injection in office and keep him for a half hour to watch for a reaction. I’m scared

Hope all goes well and it helps him.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,940 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    litha_ wrote: »

Trade School and vocational programs are underrated. Do you think you would ever work for an AI CEO if that happened or would you resign?
    I’d go back to the land. I’ve spent at least 25 years of my life collecting hobbies and skills that can support me if necessary. I just need to add a couple of friends to my roster to complete the circle.

Eta: i’m not a back to the lander. The Nearings were crazy people. I don’t romanticize that *kitten*. It’s hard *kitten* work that never ends to provide for yourself from nothing. But I think I can do it and I think I would choose it over working for a computer.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »

Sending positive vibes! I sure hope this knocks it out. poor kid

Thank you ❤️
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I signed up for two professional development classes on the same day. I guess I’ll be leaving purchasing 15 minutes early to get to CPR.
  • fitandabs2020
    fitandabs2020 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I signed up for two professional development classes on the same day. I guess I’ll be leaving purchasing 15 minutes early to get to CPR.

At least you’ll be very professional ;)!

Thinking about what the purpose is in life and how I can discover what it is (if there even is a purpose) .. :o
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Thinking about what the purpose is in life and how I can discover what it is (if there even is a purpose) .. :o

I’ll seem professional…which might be the same thing

You’ll make yourself crazy with questions like that.
  • fitandabs2020
    fitandabs2020 Posts: 179 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Fake it until you make it lol! o:)

Sometimes my mind never stops ..
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Fake it until you make it lol! o:)

Nah, I hate the false idea of what is “professional.” I’ve faked things in the past & I don’t have the energy anymore. I do my job. I’m pretty good at it. I keep learning. But I won’t glad hand anyone
    Sometimes my mind never stops ..

I hope you get some rest 😊

• itchmyTwitch
    edited November 2023
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I pushed surgery into December so I didn’t have to cancel a trip to see my son. Gives me extra time to prepare. I need to stop being a couch potato, and get *kitten* done. Focus on what I can do. Not what I can’t.

Mindset shifts are hard especially after a series of setbacks but imho & fwiw I think you’re going about it the right way.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    I pushed surgery into December so I didn’t have to cancel a trip to see my son. Gives me extra time to prepare. I need to stop being a couch potato, and get *kitten* done. Focus on what I can do. Not what I can’t.

Mindset shifts are hard especially after a series of setbacks but imho & fwiw I think you’re going about it the right way.

Thank you ❤️ The first holidays without my dad was already going to be a struggle. Having to deal with physical pain (recovery) on top of emotional pain is going to be tough.
    Gotta dig deep. I feel his strength growing inside of me. I got this…

Got damn right you got this -
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I saw someone I mostly know from the gym wearing real clothes and it was borderline shocking.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,795 Member
    Options
    All the things I’m trying very hard not to worry about.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    So far today I’ve told someone I don’t need my car in order to hit them, and I’ve torn my trousers & had to go home to change. I still feel good. Come at me bro.
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,486 Member
    Options
    So far today I’ve told someone I don’t need my car in order to hit them, and I’ve torn my trousers & had to go home to change. I still feel good. Come at me bro.

Were the first two things related, @itchmyTwitch ? 😆